Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Thoatse posted:

Honestly we need to keep this type of poo poo in check. Not only is this not true, even if it were it should not make you happy just because people like a vidya game you don't. Real harm will come of this, and despite the bad taste the handful of insufferable citizens that are amplified on social media leave in our mouths, most are people just like you or me that want something cool and are caught up in the hype and have more in common with victims/survivors than anything.

Nah, gently caress'em. Anyone losing their poo poo in /r/ds over a tweet is one of the "handful" of insufferable citizens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Thoatse posted:

Definitely gently caress those twats, just keep in mind they have as about as much in common with average citizens as al qaida has with average muslims and it's not good to assume they're all terrorists. There's probably less than 500 'radicalized citizens' that deserve to down with the ship if it sinks, out of 500k people that have thrown money at this. Whether this the ele or not I think we should keep perspective.
Sure, the 500 that discouraged others from getting refunds deserve to get hosed by a cactus but that doesn't mean the 500k that listened to them don't deserve to be mocked.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

lol 2.6.3

just lol

Early days, wait for 2.6.9.2.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk Theory posted:

I wonder how CIG is doing these patches. Because this has even less content than 2.6.2b, but is deserving of another number increase apparently. How do you all think they decide? Dice? A dart board? Maybe flipping a coin.

2.6.3 is a better marketing lure than 2.6.2b and they wanted to make a ship sale...

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

people are seriously talking up 4.0 right now

what the gently caress is wrong with them

CIG is a multinational company with studios all over the world, not everybody is working on the same thing at the same time. While some are working on SQ42, others are working on 2.6.3, others yet are finishing 3.0, but the most surprisingly productive of all turned out to be the team working on 4.0 which is why 3.0 is getting rolled into 4.0 even if it means a little delay in 3.0 coming. On the plus side this means we'll be getting 4.0 probably before Citizen Con.

PM me if you have any other questions about game development.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Did anything worthwhile happen since page 906 / Apr 8?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Been trying to catch up with the treath, I'm still on April 14th. :negative:

Some quick questions:

Is Derek back yet or is he bidding his time in his secret underground lair?
I've not reached it yet but I think the new schedule was released in the meanwhile. How much was cut from what 3.0 was supposed to include, when is it supposedly coming out? How did the shitizens like it?
How about Squadron 42? When can we see Lt Pusher romancing oldmen?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Apr 22, 2017

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Krycek posted:

My god, the shitizens were right. Development really didn't start 5-6 years ago like we all thought. They didn't start until literally just now.

How the gently caress is the thread title not Star Citizen: We've made a schedule, now we can start. ?

:siren: MODS? :siren:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

This is one of the stupidest things I ever saw. gently caress me! Give me money you stupid idiots! I give you Vision looooong time.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kosumo posted:

Sandi would love jail.

She always likes wearing those fake tattoo, she could get some real ones. Also being she is a master at MMA, she would quickly rise to the top of the pecking order. With her Hollywood level acting skills she could easily manipulate the guards to get contraband.
She would be the Queen in no time.

Also Derek, afew weeks ago on the ATV (that was late because. of you!) Javilen ep. She did have a very large Wedding ring on (which was strange cos she often does not).

So, Derek is Dredd and Sandi is Mama. Who does MoMA play? That might get confusing.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Roflan posted:

/triggered

That explanation of why AI would farm humans ruined the Matrix for me. You could get more energy, far more easily, from an infinite number of non-volatile chemical reactions than could be gotten from the waste heat given off by an animal. The really infuriating thing is that it could've been fixed incredibly easily by claiming the AI were farming the human brain's processing power instead.

/meltdown

Not to mention if body heat was all they were interested in they would do much better building a Mootrix.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hav posted:

In other legal news, apparently Fuzzy Modem had a status hearing this morning, but I don't know the outcome until the systems are updated. A status hearing is where there's an opportunity to settle with the prosecution, discuss the case and any further evidence and figure out the next steps.

He's already had four status hearings this month, so they should be getting much closer to setting a trial date.

God drat, we've been waiting for this trial longer than the citizens did for the 3.0 schedule .

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

DarkRefreshment posted:

Well move over goatee and 2G1C; I can now say I've found the worst thing on the internet

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Truga posted:

why do people still care about a lovely random trial again?

I just enjoy a good auto de fé as much as the next man. It's low hanging fruit but a pedo getting his due is about the only thing we can be sure SC will eventually deliver. I'm not whining though, I hope the judge takes his time rather than rush an half-arsed verdict with most of the features cut.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 26, 2017

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I was just trying to make an on-topic spectrum joke. :smith:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MedicineHut posted:

Take your time. In the mean time, I am having some of these

"Wish you were here!"

PROTIP: you want the ones with some burnt on top, how much will vary per person but the ones completely unburnt are somewhat bland. think "creme brulee".

PROTIP2: do not forget to put cinnamon on top

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Apr 28, 2017

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tokamak posted:

Wreckage88 and Bribase still believe that goons were/are orchestrating fake refunds on discord.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

Star Citizen: Does anyone know how to make weapons?

So, can I get the highlights since April 28th / page 1036? Is the game out yet? Did Ben finish scanning all cells?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I've been out of the loop, what did :sandance: do?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Foo Diddley posted:

6. And I saw when Derek registered one of the alts, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four goons saying, Come and see.

2 And I saw, and behold a white spaceship: and he that sat in it had a gimmick; and an account was given unto him: and he went forth trolling, and to troll.

3 And when he had registered the second alt, I heard the second goon say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another spaceship that was red: and power was given to him that sat therein to take peace from the subreddit, and that they should troll one another: and there was given unto him a great blog.

5 And when he had registered the third alt, I heard the third goon say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black spaceship; and he that sat in it had a pair of jpegs in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four goons say, A measure of pixels for a benjamin, and three measures of fidelity for a benjamin; and see thou hurt not the bugs and the lag.

7 And when he had registered the fourth alt, I heard the voice of the fourth goon say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale spaceship: and his name that sat in him was E.L.E., and Jail Time followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the subreddit, to troll with fear, and with uncertainty, and with doubt, and with the goons of the forums.

9 And when he had registered the fifth alt, I saw under his post the accounts of them that were banned for the word of Derek, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our banning on them that dwell in the subreddit?

11 And discord accounts were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for two weeks, until their fellow goons also and their brethren, that should be banned as they were, should be fulfilled.

12 And I beheld when he had registered the sixth alt, and lo, there was a great server crash; and the sun became as black as a sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven clipped through the earth, even as a space ship casteth its untimely passengers, when it is shaken of a mighty bug.

14 And the skybox departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every model and texture were moved out of their places.

15 And the mods of the subreddit, and the great whales, and the rich whales, and the unpaid shills, and the internet tough guys, and every streamer, and every pubbie, hid themselves in their dens and in the basements of their mothers;

16 And said to the ceilings and the roofs, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of Derek:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to shill?

:perfect:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

nawledgelambo posted:

she made a $5 charge for the autists who CCu their ships every other day

that and the star kitten debacle, uh what else

#Actress

Weren't they limited to one token a month already?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I'll show them! CIG won't be getting one more cent out of my completionist rear end!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CIG has $150 million, maybe they should hire someone to direct their marketing so they wouldn't be dependent on advice from their customers on how run their business.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
BTW, did everyone forget about the scanning mechanics? We've never heard anything about it again other than "of course the final implementation won't be a golfswing, that would be stupid" and then crickets and tumbleweeds. What was it? A year ago? Surely it's finished and will be included in 3.0. It's still coming next month, right?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So, I've been busy just trying to keep up with all the insanity going on in international politics and I had to give up following the thread some four months ago. I have so, so many questions...

1st what's with the new thread title?
2nd is 3.0 out yet? :laffo: how's the funding going?
3rd any major departures in CIG/community? Any bans of thread regulars? Is Derek still around? Is FYAD still doing their thing?
4th Is Cymelion still alive?
5th can someone give me an "as detailed as possible/reasonable" summary of the funny/important highlights of the last four months? pretty please? :smith:

My internet life went from laughing at shillizens the whole day to 50% :argh: / 50% :stonklol: since I stopped following the thread. :smithicide:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 14, 2017

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

Everything everyone else said and also I accidentally became the most popular SC streamer on Friday nights.

:laffo:

Thanks everybody for the update, once again CIG exceed my expectations. I truly miss the insanity of this thread and keeping up with the memes, I started getting behind and then just couldn't catch up, I feel like I must have missed a shitload of blunders and stupidity considering they came at a rate of 2 or 3 a week when I was around. Miss having fun with you guys, the world is looking pretty grim nowadays if you're a leftist interested/invested in politics. I got to make sure I don't miss Gamescom at least, that should cheer me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
poo poo I only managed to get free now, going to catch up 3 or 4 pages back. Have I missed something? Is there any live streaming going on?