Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope
I finally got around to opening my box today, starting out with a good Villain setup. Got a Vader, Kylo Saber, double Holocron. Now I just need to know who I should pair Vader with. Didn't get a Tuskin, so I'm thinking either Jabba, Jango, or Grievous. Though what I need to do is find a Kylo starter to get my hands on Mind Probes to use with those Holocrons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope
I've been listening to the Knights of Ren podcast and watching TinyGrimes on youtube. Both have gone through a number of cards individually.

EDIT: There is also https://teamcovenant.com/category/star-wars-destiny

KO Derf fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 3, 2016

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Finster Dexter posted:

If I get more Stormtroopers I want to do a 4 stormtrooper deck. I'm sure it'll be very bad because it seems like having an elite with two dice is good because of action efficiency to get dice into your pool, but I always liked having lovely decks like that in Decipher CCG with like 15 troopers or whatever.
I don't know... Endless Ranks and Squad Tactics are really good cards. I watched a couple youtube matches where a guy tries out a 4 FO Stormtrooper deck and it looks like it might be doable with the right cards.
Just remember to roll your troopers one at a time so as not to confuse which die goes with which 'trooper.

EDIT: Here it is: www.youtube.com/user/SlingPaintTV/videos

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Finster Dexter posted:

Yeah, those are exactly the cards that made me think "hey, there might be something here."

I wish there was a Power of the Dark Side equivalent for mono-Red. Rolling blanks sucks, but rolling blanks and dealing damage is so nice in my Vader/2Trooper deck.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Local places either got no cards, or sold out within 2 hours. I might as well just give up this stupid game. Hard to keep interest when you can't even get the game.
Just hop on over to the Steam sale and grab yourself TableTop Simulator. It should keep you happy until real product starts making its way to stores.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Someone give me a good Luke list, no holds barred. Gonna print some cards out.
The only one I've seen do any good was an eLuke/Ackbar list that used Focus results to get max damage. I've faced two thus far but didn't get the list composition either time. I imagine just going through cardgamedb or swdestinydb you can find one and adapt it to your style.
I tried eRey/Luke a couple games and though it was fun, it just doesn't have the pop that eLuke can give.

Also, my store league started up a couple of days ago and the eJango/eVeers went 5-0. Looked deadly against everything it faced. I think it might be the thing to beat as it just pours out damage crazy fast. It even beat eVader/Raider solidly. As for me, I brought eJango/eJabba mill-style and went 4-1. Never got to face eJango/eVeers and not sure how I could beat it with my list.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

HidaO-Win posted:

Poes single dice is too easily removed.
http://swdestinydb.com/deck/view/136067
I think you've run into an issue I've seen a few times. Your costs are too high for only running a single Poe die. If you miss your 1/6th chance, you will have difficulty paying for things.
You could add 2 Cunning to give you 2 more chances to feax-Poe, plus two more focuses. Or you can cheapen your support and weapons and treat Poe like a bonus if it hits.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Deviant posted:

Stole this from a guy online and have been getting work done with it.
Artillery (Rainbow 4)
Villain
Command / Rogue / Force
CHARACTER
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
2x First Order Stormtrooper (Awakenings #2)
1x Nightsister (Awakenings #12)
1x Bala-Tik, Gang Leader (Awakenings #19)
Specifically metabreaking.

I saw this and had to try it out at game night. I made a few modifications making mine eBala-Tik/Trooper/Phasma to get some guardian for my Trooper(s). I went 2-1 with it and my loss was probably my fault as I one shot a Tuskin Raider to get double activates on Bala when I probably should have hit Vader for 8. He was just too tough the rest of the match.
Seeing people get freaked when you pull a turn 2 AT-ST is fantastic.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

banned from Starbucks posted:

whats a good poe/rey deck?
Noobrainer just lost 2 to 1 in an online tourney yesterday against ePoe/eRey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ8rd7K06cY
There are 3 games to watch so you should be able to make out just about everything in that deck. Plus you get to see how it plays at a high level.

EDIT: Just checked and it's at http://swdestinydb.com/decklist/view/7787/ttsfebruarychampion-specialforces-1.0

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

bowmore posted:

Second Chance/Ammo Belt interaction needs to be nerfed, what a pain in the rear end to deal with
It's not just that, it's getting Second Chance and Ammo Belt from the discard over and over. When someone can get 3-6 "second" chances reliably, it makes it too drat annoying to deal with.
I remember when the game was first out the lead designer talked about limiting recursion, then the very next set... more and more cards digging through the discard pile. They have already issued errata for 2 recursion effects and we're barely starting the life of the game.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Devlan Mud posted:

Neat, local duder Nick Obee is running Phasma Bala Trooper in the finals vs some Minneapolis duder's Vader Raider in the finals.
Who won? I had to drive into work, missed the whole finals, and the stream is no longer available.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope
Just remember if you are running Palpatine you are running Rise Again, which is another way of getting Force Lightning out. Not just for Holocrons anymore.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Hauki posted:

Yeah, I'm just waiting for the awakenings reprint at this point. I've spent enough on SoR that I'm just trading or buying a few singles from here on out.
Are you going to make it to the Louisville, CO store championship on May 27th?

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Hauki posted:

I didn't know about it, but maybe? Traveling for work right now but I should be back in Denver by then. When/where/what do I need to do to sign up? Louisville's kind of a drive for me but I've got friends up there anyways and I wouldn't mind checking out some other stores' scenes. I guess I'd also have to piece together a reasonably competitive deck for that too :v:
$15
Funtastic Games
1075 E South Boulder Rd, Louisville, Colorado 80027
Saturday, May 27 at 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM MDT

As for signing up, I have no idea. I just got that Saturday off work and haven't asked the guy that runs it. He also runs Destiny night at Total Escape in Broomfield, so I'll reply on Tuesday when I find out.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Red Hood posted:

EDIT: Battlefield is Docking Bay, but I'm open to anything neutral, like Mos Eisley.
I was talking with some people and it seems like Mos Eisley Spaceport is not a good "dead" battlefield due to the overabundance of Rey and Force Speed. Since Rey is likely faster than you and thus will claim, the player will always bounce Speed back as it costs them no tempo loss the next round and gives them a resource.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope
Went 4-1 at Store Championship. 31 people and cut to top 4, but due to SoS I finished in 6th. 3 of those top 4 were Poe/Maz. I was rocking Aurra/Bala, and my only loss was to an Anakin/Kylo player. I don't know if he was the other guy in the top 4 or it was another Anakin/Kylo.
If anyone wants I can post my list since it's less traditional and quite good at taking down Poe/Maz.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Sneaky Homunculus posted:

Show us the goods, mate.

The deck works well in the current meta because there isn't a whole lot of removal going on. If they remove one of your dice, they are usually sacrificing a little bit of damage to do so. And if someone waits an extra turn, this deck eats them alive.
The big oddity of this deck is the inclusion of only 6 dice adding cards. SoR games go fast. Very fast. The only thing you need is one attachment with a die turn 1, because that is likely all you are going to be able to get out. (Especially with only 18 health, though likely 20 since you almost always want the opponent's battlefield). Understand that the game is over by turn 3, or your first action of turn 4 (Armed to the Teeth, Backup Muscle, Fast Hands damage).

Here's how I play it.
Opening hand: Look for a Gun and 0 cost attachment, or an On the Hunt. Keep one Fast Hands, if you get two mulligan the second. If you don't get the die attachment after the re-draw, it means you have mitigation for the turn, and your starting dice are crazy strong, just kill someone turn 2.
Win or lose on the roll, place your shields 1 on Aurra, 1 on Bala. An 8 health Bala may not get his reactivation if he gets targeted. Your opponent will want to go after Aurra, so you put your extra dice upgrades on Bala, and any 0 cost upgrades on Aurra. In that order. You really want them to go for Bala.
Every other card in your deck is now expendable. Toss everything you have each turn for Aurra's ability or rerolls. You want 5 new cards each turn. You are hoping to draw into more 0 or 1 cost upgrades and Armed to the Teeth, which leaves you resources for mitigation. If they go after Aurra, roll her in, resolve and Armed to the Teeth before she dies. Then keep discarding to look for another gun for Bala... and another Armed to the Teeth.
Be aware people almost always spend both their resources early turn 1 and have no mitigation they can afford, hit them hard before they get going.

In fact, there were two games where I killed a character on turn 1.
- Against a Rebel mill deck I killed a Padawan, then reactivated Bala and hit Maz. Turn 2 kill Maz, reactivate hit Padme. Turn 3 killed Padme with a Second Chance attached (And that was me being nice since I had Confiscation and 3 resources).
- Against a Jango/FN-2199 deck I killed Jango.

The one game I lost against Anakin/Kylo, he killed my Bala turn 1, but I had put 7 damage on Anakin and he did 2 to himself for 9. I had a Fast Hands on Aurra, but didn't roll the 50/50 on either Aurra die turn 2 to kill Anakin without taking damage in return. In fact, I pitched 4 cards that turn, only got 1 damage side and that got mitigated. Sometimes the dice are against you and there is nothing you can do. If I get that immediate Anakin kill it's Aurra vs Kylo and I win that hands down.

One more note. This deck is set up to play slow. I realized I was never going to get the battlefield vs Force Speed, Maz, and Rey decks.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope
Oh right, Poe/Maz.
Plan to get hit for 7 to 8 damage on a single character turn 1. That is why you always put 1 shield on Bala. You need him alive since this deck can hit for 7 to 10 damage pretty easily while you have both characters and one extra die. If you get exactly 8 damage turn 1, kill Maz, reactivate and hit Poe. Otherwise, just put all damage into Poe turn 1 and kill him turn 2 no matter the cost. Armed to the Teeth your guns if you have to. Maz and Planetary Uprising isn't usually enough to kill a 6 health Bala before he kills her.
If they have Defensive Position and a resource turn 1, you lose. Full stop. I have never been able to come back from losing 3 or 4 damage sides turn 1.

Though now that I think about it, I might toss the All In for Friends in Low Places.

KO Derf fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 29, 2017

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

KongGeorgeVII posted:

So I've made it to the final table at the Australian National Championships. Game starts in about 15 minutes, if you search for general games on twitch you should be able to find the stream. I'm the one playing Anakin + Phasma, wish me luck!
Were you the 7-1 or the 6-2 player going into the cut?
Nevermind, I found a stream at https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180523374

Though it stops before the end... drat.

KO Derf fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 8, 2017

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Empress Brosephine posted:

So Legacies is out? Anyone playing?

Legacies is out, though it appears to not be the full shipment as some places have far less than others and say they are getting more soon. I haven't had my cards arrive yet, but I really don't need them since my FLGS is going to be doing draft over the next couple of weeks.

Thus far it seems that everyone wants 2 Yoda. If you get one, you can basically name your price to anyone who wants to attend a regional and wasn't lucky to pull him from a pack.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope
That is quite annoying, especially since that is my home store that I play at every Tuesday. We've been bugging them for this info for a while and I had no clue they were going to go with no pre-reg. I don't even know how they can justify that. I personally told the employees that multiple groups of people from out of state said they wanted to come in. Now I don't know how that is possible if they don't have guaranteed seats.
I'll try to talk with them again next week, but that is just so damned infuriating.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope
I can't wait to go to the regional today after having worked all night long. Nothing says "12 mistakes a game" like getting no sleep before a long tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope
Well that was an interesting day of playing Destiny.
For the last few weeks I have been working on my Finn-Yoda deck and had it just about as good as it could be. I was having issues with Sabine though, and couldn't win more than about 1 in 5. So when I got home this morning I made a new deck on the fly.
Bazine - FN2199 - Seventh Sister

Took 12th place, but I am sure I could have done better if I could remember how to play after being awake all drat night and day. Lost the last 2 games in swiss and then 2 in a row in the cut. I couldn't concentrate enough to shuffle the damned cards by the end (Next time I take the night off).