Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Wait I thought Kazarian turned on Daniels and joined Bullet Club?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I only liked ROH in 2005 so this archive thing is a disappointment :smith:

I also liked it when Cornette was in charge though so I'm a giant loving idiot.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

sportsgenius86 posted:

for those who care, if you want pre-Sinclair stuff, Honor Club is worthless to you

I sheepishly confess I sort of enjoyed the Cornette era.

I await, and understand, your ridicule.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Grant DaNasty posted:

I would think it would be on there as soon as they edit out all the music.

I don't wanna live in a world where Glory by Honor V Night 2 has overdubbed music. :colbert:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

I mean, I get why Anthony Weiner would want to use a ring name, but "Matt Taven" just sounds weird to me.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

sportsgenius86 posted:

Mostly fun show tonight. Main event and Cody-Flip are worth seeking out.

Honor Club stream worked flawlessly for me all night.

I'm sorry but I can't enjoy an ROH iPPV that doesn't have a GoFightLive stream that dies four times during the PPV while Jim Cornette strangles a technician with a fiber cable. :colbert:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Judging by that photo, do the Briscoes do a "Failed coal miner" gimmick now?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Is the new ROH Network worth it at all?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Which of these is NOT a dumb bad ROH stable name:

A) The No-Spin Krew
B) The Muy Thai Factory
C) The Johnny Ramone Fan Club
D) The Knee-To-Face XPress
E) The Sunset Flip Gated Community
F) All of the Above (a stable name, not literally all of the above)
G) All of the Above (literally)

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

I really was unsure whether to go with ROH or NXT as both shows look great on paper (and a pretty good UFC too) but then fate intervened and now I won't be able to see any of them, which I guess means all three shows are going to be the greatest thing anybody will ever get to see live in the history of the universe. So you have me to thank for that! :)

Oh I see. Gonna be absent during a discussion thread yet again. Just like during Smackdown. Oh sure go on and leave fine I’ve been alone before **cries incessantly**

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Is Rhett Titus still a thing?

God he was lame.

The All Night Express was so lame.

Sorry for the detail, I just randomly thought of Rhett Titus on my morning commute and got mad.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

John Dudebro posted:

he's in a tag team with will ferrara called The Dawgs

they drink beer and do a new age outlaws entrance speech on the way to the ring and their finisher is called Who Let The Dogs Out

it's dumb as poo poo and i enjoy it

You're not doing a very good job of making me want to watch current Ring of Honor, sir. :geno:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

John Dudebro posted:

i assume you missed it so i will reiterate that their move is called Who Let The Dogs Out

Oh I did miss that, my apologies good sir!

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Are the Briscoes still in ROH? If so, I guess they’ll be there forever huh.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I am watching a gentleman by the name of Punishment Martinez and he is basically Baron Corbin with hair.

...so when is WWE signing him?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

Yep, closest they came to leaving was right before one of them said he'd shoot someone if they told his kid it was okay to be gay, and that made WWE distance themselves real quick

Well that’s a very mean thing to believe and I don’t like him then

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Women of Honor doesn’t feel very fleshed out.

Say what you want about the awful branding behind WWE’s “women’s revolution” but at least there’s a coherent roster.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Why is ROH so bad at naming teams/stables?

I like Dalton Castle's gimmick, and I think he's good.

And he comes out with "the boys."

What a half-assed name.

I'm actually triggered by this, I think.

Hell, even "Dalton Castle" sounds like a name you'd get in FCW. But I'll give that a pass.

Get better team names, ROH.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't the point supposed to be that the Boys are just nameless beefcake for Dalton to admire and have serve him?

I just think the name lacks color for people with such a colorful gimmick.

They aren't alone. Marty Scurl's nickname is "the Villain." They spent a whopping 3 seconds on that one.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

Again, I think that's Marty's gimmick in other promotions too,and it's based around the British connotations of the word. He's basically calling himself a gangster, but like a mafia type one.

Well they're bad names. :colbert:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Remember ROH from 2005? :allears:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

coconono posted:

is any of that on ROH's network?

Doubtful. HonorClub is mostly Sinclair stuff.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Davros1 posted:

I wouldn't trust WWE with Dalton's gimmick

They'd either

A) Bring in Dalton without his boys, because "stars need to be over on their own"

or

B) Bring him in with his boys, but split them up 3 months later with Dalton abusing them and turning heel (or splitting via brand split) and then the boys become a tag team that's only on Main Event or pre-shows, and goes by the name "The Team" or whatever.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Takuan posted:

I like how they're trying to claim credit for All In.

They are helping bankroll it.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Taeler responded to Jay's statement:

https://twitter.com/Taeler_Hendrix/status/1016076444085022721

https://twitter.com/Taeler_Hendrix/status/1016070396414648320

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Uhh...I wouldn't exactly call that damning evidence, to be fair. I still tend to buy it but Taeler is also coming off not great here.

Something tells me she's doing all this without the advice of an attorney, because a decent attorney would tell her not to post that screencap since it doesn't show anything other than he contacted her.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

rovert posted:

If her claims are true I don't want to be seen as making ad hominem attacks against her.

But her social media has always been strange I've asked in jest in the past with it was run by a bot and in Wrestling she isn't known as the brightest person in the locker room both in terms of savviness or basic intelligence. If she has a case she'll likely mess it up/jeopardise it.

Well, IF she's not the most hinged person, it should be noted that unhinged and "strange" people are often targets of sexual misconduct because no one will believe them.

Just something worth noting.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Even then isn't it pretty easy to fake text screenshots? Or is that just Twitter/DMs? Not saying she did, I just thought from a tech stance that kinda thing isn't as ironclad as it'd seem based only on a screenshot.

Well she wouldn't fake a text shot because

A) It's real easy to disprove a fake text shot, and
B) if she was gonna fake a text shot, she'd make it a little more obvious, like a text from Jay saying "Bitch lemme wreck your twat or you're fired" or something, I don't know. I'm not a sexual predator so I don't know what they'd say.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I hope Punk never comes back. He’s a walking breathing Dashboard Confessional song.

Loved his match at MITB 2011 against Cena though, and WWE is way worse than him.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I can't believe ROH had a show on the 20th and it got like 3 posts.

Is ROH really that cold?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

Their last PPV was pretty much all ROH contracted guys and did great business.

The company is hotter than it has ever been, the negativity is astounding. Sorry they are putting on a product no one wants to see but that is what makes money in the US right now.

I uhhh can’t tell if you’re sarcastic or not

• Locked thread