Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hopefully Steve is there for his kid. I think he'd be great for NXT but Colby isn't some first timer who got caught with a couple joints or something, he had schedule II poo poo on him, you don't start out with that poo poo. This has been likely going on for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wait, why would Colby be great for NXT?

I worded it funny, Steve would be great for NXT. Although Colby is actually a pretty good wrestler, I saw some PWX stuff recently.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Nigel > Corino

As a worker, sure. As a personality? Not even loving close.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is that in addition to Steve or is he bowing out to be there for Colby? Because I have to think a teaching team consisting of Albert (who I feel is underrated as a power wrestler), Norman Smiley, Steve Corino and Nigel will be a very good one indeed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Front office can't return calls of a former world champ. TOTALLY NORMAL.

Seriously. How hard is it to just send a quick e-mail saying you're not in the plans for now but we still value your presence, and might use you in the future?

Agreed about the young lions. That roster is paper thin right now outside the main event scene.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

Okay:

1) what is a WWN seminar and

2) did anyone leak the powerpoint

Seminars for indies are usually in-ring, so unless somebody flies in Super Sasadango Machine, I don't think that will be part of it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

PWInsider:An interesting situation over the past several days after Scarlett Bordeaux, who works regularly for ROH but has never been signed to a contract, wrestled and lost to Nia Jax on Raw this past Monday in Chicago, where Bordeaux is from. Mandy Leone and Kelly Klein, who are pretty much the center-pieces of the Women of Honor division, took to Twitter without naming Bordeaux and stated they would never work for WWE without a contract offer. The tweets were later removed. What is extremely odd is both have worked in the past for WWE during the time period where Adam Rose had all the Rosebuds

Big difference: Being a Rosebud doesn't involve doing a job. Plus you have to be on the lookout for indy folks appearing like that. Way back when, I didn't know CM Punk was one of the gangsters appearing during Cena's entrance until he mentioned it in a promo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Hasn't ROH historically had lots of trouble with having babyfaces in general? It feels like they're the last company that could actually pull off an outsider invasion unless it involved like, John Cena.

The first statement is sorta true, but the CZW invasion of ROH is considered a high point by lots of people. It was well booked, I'd even go so far as to say that, after the nWo, it's the best invasion angle ever.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

the ROH part anyway. CZW's side was a complete mess because Zandig didn't understand how an invasion was supposed to work.

Fair enough, but it's not ROH's fault Zandig fired his best booker and made a mess of the situation. Even then, you had Danielson coming in and riling up the CZW fans really well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

on a simialr note Matt Hardy worked really loving well as an invader heel during his shortish recent stint

The disappointment of TNA remaining alive is that I feel that the Hardy's doing a long term involvement with ROH would be a real shot in the arm for both the Hardy's (a long term thing between them and The Briscoes would be money) as well as ROH's interest level and attendance.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I was actually going to say Matt Hardy but his 2016 changed things to the point where if the Hardy family invaded ROH I don't know if there's anyone crowds would want to see beat them.

Which is why I'd want long-term involvement where they just use them as faces. I don't think Sinclair would pay them the money they'd probably want, though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Preston Quinn would have been a cool move a decade ago when he was an internet darling on places like The Other Arena and DVDVR, now it's just odd. I hope it works out for him, though, he is really solid.

John Skyler is definitely good news, he's been the best homegrown guy from PWX I've seen, although I also like Colby Corino, Corey Hollis and Darius Lockhart.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

going to the local show tonight which is apparently a tv taping. the only ROH I've watched in recent months was Final Battle, anything interesting been going on lately besides backstage drama and departures?

Scurll demanded competition which was answered by Jon Gresham, Sabin, Dijak, and a couple other guys who will have a 6 way to decide his next TV title challenger. I'm hoping it's Gresham because Gresham vs Scurll would be a really interesting matchup but I suspect it'll be Dijak putting him over on his way out. Still, the 6 way should be good.

Also the Bucks vs the Tempura Boyz will happen. And Cole isn't taking Daniels seriously.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jesus Christ, this company used to be so good. gently caress Delirious. BAH BAH BAH, indeed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Draymond Green and Kyrie Irving just came out as flat earthers, AJ is leading a movement

Pretty sure he avoids any community that involves "coming out".

THE FLAT EARTH COMMUNITY?!?!?!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Why wouldn't he just do a senton

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I ask for Drew Galloway, a WWE washout who's been fun since leaving, and I get Bully Ray.

Uh, okay.

There's so many talented indy guys out there right now, and their prospect field is largely poo poo except Skyler and Quinn (who is good but ancient).

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 6, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jokes aside, this was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_GhAVIYr3k

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Could be a good hoss-off.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I really don't want TNA to outlive ROH. They don't loving deserve to.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I feel like if ROH doesn't get swallowed up, Matt Riddle'd be a good fit: they probably don't care that he's a pothead, and he's a dude who could get them some attention while having great matches.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Bucks won them yesterday

I hope roque's okay with ROH having lost 2 more people

All part of the long con I'm sure :jerkbag:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

it was a good show though they really burned the crowd out after the first match and they didn't get them back until the ME. Adam Cole was booked like a dude leaving the company.

The only major issue is that it set up exactly 2 matches going forward. Silas Young vs Bobby Fish for the TV belt. Cody Rhodes lost to Jay Lethal, but then beat up Christopher Daniels after the world title match.

There's still time to get some contenders arranged for the other belts but yeesh those programs.

Not many, but on the other hand, they have the potential to draw that crowd exactly one time a year, and had the perfect match to do so. It's not really a barometer of continued success.

Especially since their really hot tag team title program for the rest of the summer fizzled because of TNA.

Bobby ain't the TV champ no mo', so it's just a singles feud, really. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Silas was the one to dethrone Marty.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 3, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

You're right, I know Marty has it for a while after they hot shotted it and I completely whiffed.

Yeah so that's one title feud setup and a non title feud maybe.

Silas and Dalton are kind of heading into Bray territory of dudes who really need an actual big win for me tbh.

Dalton as TV champ seems like a good idea until I remember his contract runs out soon

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Good news and happy he didn't go with TNA (he played Suicide a couple of tapings ago)

I wonder if that was him at Wrestlecon as Suicide, then

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Isn't he like, 5'2? I could see that making people think twice about a push. Loved him as Hieracon, though. He's really, really loving good.

Mob posted:

Isn't Cedric Alexander on that list too?

Looks like it's not a lizard under the mask, just Bill Watts.

:golfclap:

drat, son.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What's an over the top service, something like Roku?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Last I saw, WWE was claiming he hadn't yet been granted his release.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

Ken Anderson is a sign of Bully Ray's influence.

Ugh. Why can't the roster be influenced by somebody we give a poo poo about?

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 18, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

triplexpac posted:

War of the Worlds was fun. The Elite was absurdly over, really fun main event. I felt bad for Naito having to work with The Kingdom, there was some sloppy poo poo that one of the best workers in the world shouldn't have to deal with.

Funny how things change, people used to complain about Naito being sloppy as gently caress.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

NEW got around 3000 for their last big stadium show w/ Angle, Hardys, Lawler, Cody, and Liger.

Maybe you can try to cheap out with Alberto and lesser guys but going for 10k w/o Mysterio seems unwise.

Run Rey Vs Cody and it might work.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

TL;DC (Too Long Didn't Click) summary:

Best in the World matches: KUSHIDA defends TV title vs Scurll, and Rebellion (Kenny King, Rhett Titus, Caprice Coleman, Shane Taylor) vs Search and Destroy (Shelley, Sabin, Gresham, Jay White) - Loser Team Must Disband
As was mentioned in the New Japan thread, Lethal/Hangman Page in round 1 of the IWGP US title tournament at G1 US Night 1

There is zero chance Search and Destroy wins that match, but maybe it'll result in White & Gresham vs MCMG.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Imagine if they booked Police Man.

Frankly I'm surprised you haven't tried to book AwfulMania III with Big Daddy Yum Yum, Police Man, Kevin Nash, and Caristico

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Boy, that Woods vs Briscoe match had trouble getting on the same page.

I assume we're getting a Rhodes vs Daniels rematch, but do you think Cody's next opponent might be Tana?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

On the other hand their world title picture us now being buoyed by like the #5 guy in a New Japan stable because there is literally no one else in ROH aside from Jay Lethal

Ah but they still have Punishment Martinez!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

good news is that Sanada is a freelancer so they don't give a gently caress

poo poo if that's the case I wish it was Suzuki, but i guess ROH wants Cody to live through this defence, picky bastards

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

cody v sanada
ultimo g and ray b vs titan and mistico
kushida scrull himoru and castle
bucks addiction?

I don't think Bucks/Addiction will be a thing, Kaz cut a promo saying you might never see Daniels again because of a lack of respect from the fans, so Kaz would ruin as much things the fans like as possible

Jay White vs Punishment Martinez seems likely though

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

In line for tonight's ROH show and :lol: everyone but me is wearing BC merch. Smh at no one respecting LIJ :argh:

Dammit where's your Great Bash Heel shirt!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

He got dropped by Sin Cara then promptly disappeared for a few months. I can’t remember if he was sighted at the PC or if he was home.

Twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

It sounds like the archive is going to be all the TV and rotating classic events.

Not bad, but I wish it was just a monolith of EVERYTHING. I'd drop Highspots for that. Not sure if I will for this, but it's a tough choice.

• Locked thread