Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe she brings alternate Oliver and the baby to visit his aunts and uncles.

That would also allow them to have Green Arrow in the game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Skwirl posted:

That's essentially what they did with New 52 Batman in the comics, except it's 4 Robins and a Batgirl in half the time.
And two of the Batgirls who were there before the last Robin were removed and only added in later with new backstories.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but that's all Dr. Manhattan's fault.
Nope, this is on Barry and all he represents, I don't give a poo poo what Geoff Johns says. :colbert:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

catlord posted:

Played A Matter of Family last night, and I can't help but feel that they should have had Jason instead of Tim as Robin in it. It would have given him a bit more to his character. Also it makes me realise that the movement abilities in Knight are pretty good, to the point where I can't think of a time when I needed the Line Launcher, so I'm always thrown when there's a puzzle I need it for because I just completely forget about it.

It should have been Dick, dammit.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Aphrodite posted:

It's a bit odd how they've just opened the X-Men cage on mobile games, and MvC and Lego Marvel 2 are both mutant-less.

Must have only been a recent decision.

Look at it this way - now they can have the X-Men & FF as DLC! :capitalism:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

good day for a bris posted:

I'll forgive your Crash Bandicoot trash talking if somehow the new Spider-Man game lets me play Maximum Carnage between levels (it won't, and I blame you).

Would you accept Spider-Man for the Atari 2600?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Waffleman_ posted:

Nothing too major since SDCC. There was a new trailer showing off some of the open world stuff a few days ago, but this close to release, we're not gonna get many bombshells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEBp_F67_DI

Either that was JK Simmons, or somebody who channels him magnificently.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wanderer posted:

Black bodysuit, red spider logo across the torso on both sides, red eyes on the mask.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the initial proposal for the black costume had a red spider, o that'd be a deep cut. Actually, just did a google and found an image of it. That one actually white eyes. Might it be one of the Big Time suits? I seem to recall that had a 'red' setting.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Calaveron posted:

Black suit's probably for a sequel, non hoodie Ben Reilly costume is super generic, no excuse for no Bagman or iron spider, not enough processing power for cosmic glutes

Yeah, the Ben Reilly costume's probably more associated with Spider-Girl now.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lurdiak posted:

The video game industry is run by maniacs and orcs wearing human skin suits. But if you look at the publishers instead of just the franchises, you can easily establish a pattern of behavior. EA for example loves a rushed sequel, usually made by none of the people who made the beloved original.

That's an insult to Orcs. :orks:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Endless Mike posted:

For some reason I thought his current costume was a minor tweak on his original, but that's not the case. Anyway, put the Spider-Verse costume and the Spider-Verse off-the-rack costume in as alternates.

And the Spider-Verse hoodie costume.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I seem to remember in X-Men Legends, they had a version of Magma (where she was just generic WASP Alison Crestmere) as the viewpoint character, and it's actually a work of genius to have Kamala fill that role for the Avengers.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I know it's only a mobile game (with all the crap that likely entails), but this trailer looks v. cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3woPXLn9obE
I doubt the game can live up to it, but still.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The police surveillance network is kinda a bad look, when you consider back in the Lee/Ditko era there was a massive police surveillance program (setting up cameras all over the city) and it was regarded as a bad thing by basically everyone except the cops (and they came around, although only because Spidey caught the guy who invented it using it to help criminals evade the police).

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Is it gonna be the same Spidey from the PS4 games? I know he mentions the Avengers are on the West Coast if you go by Avengers Tower...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Fritzler posted:

The image they shared has white outfit Jim Lee/TAS Storm. There might be extra styles, but not known yet.

Why would you use Greg Land of all people for Fortnite cross-promotion? You'd think they'd at least try and find an artist that can match the game's art style...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's still not worth it. Marvel's Anthem.

Honestly the campaign was good, imo. It's only the postgame GAAS stuff that gets tedious. It's no X-Men Destiny.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Codependent Poster posted:

They did this kind of thing with X-Men Destiny and that sucked.

Just let me play with Marvel characters. Most people will just try and recreate them anyway.

I mean, let's be honest, that is just one of many, many reasons why Destiny sucked.

X-Men Legends kind of did the same thing only in that case it was basically turning Magma into a nigh-unrecognizable WASP-y OC as the viewpoint character (also you could actually play as the X-Men).

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gaz-L posted:

I don't even hate the core idea from Destiny of creating a new X-Man for you to control, but they need to actually have a character, instead of just being along for the ride. Basically give me Mass Effect, but the classes are what Shep's mutant power is.
I mean there was Sunfire's daughter (I mean they didn't explicitly say so, but given her last name and the fact he had fire powers and sent her to find the X-Men , it was pretty obvious - I presume the second part of his instructions was to immediately quit the team) and the Ex-Purifier as at least potentially compelling starting points for characters, but why the gently caress they just had rando Jock Bro along for the ride is a mystery other than I guess they decided they needed three characters for the promo art to show off the powers?

Didn't Mike Carey write the plot for that game? I'm guessing they just had him write an outline, because there's no way he'd have missed that Pixie doesn't actually have teleportation as her mutant power (which the bad guys steal later) when she learnt it as magic (from Magik). She even does incantations when you see her open portals for the first time, how did they gently caress up their own internal continuity so bad?

I mean, it was basically a wacky scheme to get people to fund their other games, so I don't know what I was expecting.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

site posted:

that costume is awful lol

As far as I'm concerned, that's America's rear end.

(They'll probably have less crappy options).

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I mean on the plus side it means it'll be a consistent experience rather than dipping in and out of a half-assed multiplayer game like Avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

This but unironically (or even less ironically if it was already unironic)

I also want a Gotham Academy one.