Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Excuse me, he's canonically Le Joker now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhonne posted:

I wonder how the Joker comes back in this considering the thing that began all the troubles in the Injustice universe was Superman putting his fist through him.

It's probably going to be a plot point.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Welp interest in Injustice 2 just dropped massively. gently caress the Joker, gently caress that stupid rapist clown.

Are you thinking of a different Joker

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I hate how important he is now to DC, and its branding. Especially after its Canon that he sexually assault Barbara after he shot her.

Is this another Brian Azzarello thing?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Joker definitely stuck his albino dick inside Barbara Gordon's butt, which is why Batman definitely killed him at the end of the story.

Also I'm an idiot.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

One of Joker's many hosed up tortures that may or may not even be canon in this game's universe meeting the legal definition of sexual assault doesn't not make it a wild exaggeration to call Joker a "rapist clown".

This conversation is really stupid.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

It is. She got fixed after her father died but it's referenced both in-game and in-comic.

Right but we have no idea if it went down exactly like in the Killing Joke. I don't even know if mainline DC's version of events still went down exactly like in Killing Joke since they've had several reboots.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I hate modern Joker too, I just think it's weird to hold a misinterpretation of a part of a 30 year old story that the author himself regrets writing against the character.

I didn't know about those other rapes, but I guess after Dr. Light I shouldn't be surprised.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

I would expect Groot over Nova and I wouldn't expect two spider men. Other than the venom blast what would even be different about Peter and Miles?

Injustice managed to have Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl with completely separate movesets, they can do whatever.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, but NetherRealm, unlike Capcom, can make a good fighting game. Man, poo poo's changed since the 90s...

I've been saying that poo poo for years but it's taken SF5 for some people to finally wake up and realize Capcom's been bad for a while.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Well yeah, Capcom used to be good, but that was well over a decade ago.

SF4 inexplicably did well even though that game was just hideous and unfun on every level. But good god do I not enjoy Capcom fighters anymore. Their last good one was on the PS2.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

NRS games' preset combos let scrubs do something more than special moves and normals because they know YYX does a combo. That's inherently more accessible, in my view.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Come on if you don't main Batman

I will break you.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

Today I learned that Boon apparently contemplated putting Buffy the Vampire Slayer into Injustice 2, but she lost a Twitter poll. I'm really sad now.

Don't take things Ed Boon says at face value.

pubic works project posted:

Yeah GL sucks in this game.

Bane was nearly unplayable when the first game launched, give it a patch or two.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hey, there's at least one good GL in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbTgQahosY4

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

redbackground posted:

I knew that Supes was weak to magic, but just because her claws were given to her by magic doesn't make them...magic claws, is what I'm saying, I guess? It's a weird loophole.

Every time this poo poo comes up it makes no sense at all to me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

As far as comics go yes, but it's not like there's any other competition at all. Every other Harley thing I've seen in a comic book is awful.

Hey, there were DCAU comics.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhonne posted:

Is Booster Gold still alive in the Injustice world? Bring him in.

Plastic Man too.

Booster Gold not being in either game yet is such a crime.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

So I played MvCI and it's...not that good? Why is it not that good?

Because Capcom made it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lightning Lord posted:

What's the last good game they made? Dragon's Dogma?

Yeah, and even that's incredibly obviously unfinished.

As for the last good fighting game they made? I think that was Capcom vs SNK 2 EO or Third Strike, depending on how you count the releases.

I'm seriously surprised a lot of people are just now realizing modern Capcom sucks. Like how far does Playstation-era nostalgia go?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

That's a really silly comment. Dragon's Dogma came out in 2012. Since then they've put out multiple well-recieved Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright titles and they just released Resident Evil 7 which had a pretty drat positive reception. In fact it had a significantly more positive reception than Dragon's Dogma did.

So yeah, Dragon's Dogma.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I reinstalled Champions Online cuz I like messing with the character creator, and when I went into the game proper I immediately remembered why I don't actually play that game outside of the creator.

Off-brand Ms. Marvel, with the rear end, thigh and tit sliders maxed out, wrapped in chains, dripping with oil.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

This game just keeps on giving.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I would say it could be a Fox thing but if that was the case you'd think Marvel would immediately point fingers, unless they're playing some kind of "I won't let you know how much I want my IP back" multidimensional chess.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm like 3 achievements short in City because after 3 starring all the Catwoman stuff I just couldn't go back

... to playing with a good character instead of her?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The first one completely lost me halfway through with its dumb twists and lame Joker, I do not give a gently caress about this.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

i thought the season 1 of batma was good

You were mistaken.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It looks like every boss fight is going to be an awful QTE so my interest in playing it has gone way down.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

JordanKai posted:

The first Thor movie got a tie-in game and it was pretty rough.

I think this was the last movie tie-in game Marvel made before realizing they weren't worth the effort.

The DS version of that game at least has very nice pixel art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weubQZI8sbI

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hulk Ultimate Destruction allows you to unlock The Savage Banner, which for gameplay reasons can do everything Hulk can, just smaller.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I would totally play some kind of ungodly combination of Phoenix Wright and Final Fight starring Daredevil.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Telltale are the ones who decided this should be yet another Year One, so it is their fault.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

While I can't call anything in the first season "original" or "interesting", they have shown that they're not married to traditional Batman mythos, so I guess they could do something interesting and new with those characters. But after how loving lame Joker was in the first season, I'm not holding my goddamn breath.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I think the take on Bruce's parents in the first season was pretty interesting and original even if they lost the execution a bit.

That's one of the things I was referring to, yeah. That whole affair was somewhat weakened because most players spent the entire game waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Look how buff they made Spider-Man in the new MvC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGzqiPK3TyE&t=167s

Why?

That entire game is a series of "Why?"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zoro posted:

My biggest "Why" came when I saw the character select. That's a tiny as gently caress roster and, as a comment pointed out, some of those guys haven't been that way in the comics for a while. Where are the X-Men, as well?

Marvel didn't want them to use the X-men.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently the game itself is not bad, aside from the underwhelming roster and it being generally ugly as sin.

The people saying it's good are the same ones who said SF4 and MVC3 were good so take that with a pound of salt.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zoro posted:

I started playing the Tellatle Guardians of the Galaxy game today. Seemed fun so far, but, man, it would be better if TT just stopped lying that our decisions matter and just make a solid adventure game without these smoke and mirror gimmicks.

They used to, but the lovely Choices Matter interactive movies sell about 300 times better.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

If you just ignore the smoke and mirrors, they can actually be pretty fun.

They took out the puzzles from adventure games and replaced them with QTEs. Sure, some of them have really good writing, but they're objectively worse as games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

What they need is to develop their own IPs so they can actually make the choices matter and not be tied to someone else's continuity

They had free rein for the Walking Dead sequels (short of deciding to cure the zombie plague) and those are the worst offenders of lack of choice.