Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm definitely gonna give these shows a try

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club
Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation
Sentai Heroes SUKIYAKI FORCE

and maybe these if I hear good things

Saga of Tanya the Evil
Piacevole! My Italian Cooking

Pretty light, which is good because it'll give me a chance to catch up on stuff I didn't have time to watch last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope the anime trims the story down a lot. I tried to read the manga but it got really repetitive.
1: Oh no, Masamune messed up a chance to make the girl love him! but with the maid's help, he fixes it.
2: Oh no is Masamune actually falling for the girl?
3: A different girl is into Masamune, but Masamune turns her down because he only wants revenge
4: repeat

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What is the manga actually about? Is the focus on the plot, or the main character's journey, or just violence, or her relationship with other characters?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

chumbler posted:

I read the first chapter and the most recent chapter and he probably won't pick the maid so it's poo poo.

Same, except you mean the class rep, not the maid

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

you have a good av

I wish I had made the background transparent

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Fuuka good? the description in the op makes it sound not very good.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raenir Salazar posted:

Isn't this literally part of the OP for Gravity Falls?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth Walrus posted:

I can see it taking on elements of MonMusu's cheerful, off-the-wall romcom style (minus a few metric tonnes of raunch) if they decide to make a romance subplot between the two teachers a thing. Which I would not object to.

Monster Musume without the raunch? I wonder what that would look like...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope the girl in Nyanko Days makes human friends

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I am looking forward to being healed by the cuteness of the dragons.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Does this mean Haikyuu is getting a fourth season?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
How Crunchyroll advertises Ai Mai Mi

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/1S0kWQG.jpg

How Ai Mai Mi actually is

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The PV for Maidragon had rapping, but the show didn't. Disappointing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Coincidentally, I started stuff this season late because I wanted to finish Symphogear season 1 first. So here are some belated opinions

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: Underwhelming. I'm not sure why, but nothing in it really clicked for me. I'm probably gonna give it a pass and marathon it later if people say it improves
Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club: Promising first episode, this is shaping up to be in my top five bicycle anime of all time
Urara Meirochou: pure sugar mixed with an unexpected amount of child belly fetishism. No thank you.
Ai-Mai-Mi Surgical Friends: Funny. just as good as the last season
Symphogear: Fantastic.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Piacevole is cute. I hope to learn more about Italian food

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

numerrik posted:

I'm liking Akiba's Trip and Demi-Girls, are both good. I am looking forward to watching Chaos;Child when I get home. Is there any recommendations on shorts this season? I have room for one more along with Koro Sensei Quest.

If you aren't already watching Nobunaga no Shinobu, go with Nobunaga no Shinobu

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
older anime, as in from the early 2000s.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The real question is which bicycling anime will be the best bicycling anime this season

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

dogsicle posted:

i liked the first ep of the kamakura one, but i'm not going to bet against yowapeda

The first episode of yowapeda was a little weak because they had to show Makishima leaving for people who hadn't seen the movie, but they'd already covered it in the movie so they rushed through it really quick.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like the Tanya animation designs

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yo I watched seven episodes of Sailor Moon in 1999 and all of Madoka, here's my thoughts on the state of the magical girl genre *vomits a thin grey slurry*

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think doing the first two Tanya episodes in the order they did was the right choice. The second episode is so weird, having the first episode to establish a sort of baseline for the show is a good idea. If the second episode was the first episode, I would have had no idea what to expect from the second episode.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
At the second episode mark, I'm gonna say that Yowapeda has pulled ahead of Kamakura in the race to be Winter 2017's best bicycling anime.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

devtesla posted:

He almost had a chance to touch a girl but declined, expect his power levels to spike.

The idea of Teshima ending up with anyone other than Aoyagi is offensive

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fangz posted:

4. The goal is to cut costs. Moldovan computer guys are cheaper than Bay Area guys. That would be the logic. Whether this works out, who knows. From the sounds of it CR is very worried about Amazon and Netflix coming in, so these moves make sense in principle in terms of ensuring they continue to be competition. Sack the replaceable tech dudes, keep the anime experts.

I bet they feel dumb for worrying about Amazon getting into the anime business, now that Amazon has actually announced their terrible anime plan.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

8-Bit doing a sequel? Come on, Encouragement of Climb season 3!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ok, you're better at anime than Space Flower

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Boy do I feel silly for thinking this season of Yowamushi Pedal might not have a freaky bicycle monster

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The latest episode of Kamakura bicycles is kinda dull.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endorph posted:

delta was still better than 7

hmm. I disagree.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Julias posted:

It's almost like romance/drama shows often times have love triagles/rectangles/dodecahedrons.

:discourse:

I don't think any anime has ever had a love dodecahedron

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Space Flower posted:

from newtype, and then

http://www.yamanosusume.com/news/

VERY important announcement coming at the event on 3/12. h m m

called it

Guy Goodbody posted:

8-Bit doing a sequel? Come on, Encouragement of Climb season 3!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am surprised to see that Nanbaka is two cours

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Am I reading that Tsugumono description right? Is that a harem show where all the girls are the personifications of the guy's dead mom's clothes?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It seems like an odd choice to make a serious Astro Boy anime that isn't Pluto.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll probably give Frame Arm Girls a try, because I liked Build Fighters. But beyond that, nothing really grabs me from that list. Maybe Kabuki Club

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Last two episodes of Long Riders dropped

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The German Empire was kinda nazi-ish

I think we might be on to something here, guys.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fangz posted:

Maidragon is saving anime so LWA doesn't have to

Maidragon isn't even the best monster woman anime this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth Walrus posted:

Eh. Demi-chan keeps sticking these little harem elements in its story of a guy being a surrogate dad to three adorable monster-girl daughters, and it comes across as way more unsettling than an actual, straight-up harem romcom would. Pick a genre and stick with it, guys, because the two just don't mesh.

He's not a surrogate dad, he's a teacher.

• Locked thread