Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I got some Bandai Star Wars for Xmas and I am looking forward to putting them together. The Star Destroyer is small enough I can put it on my office desk without it being too gaudy!

Also got a Sherman from a friend who told me to use it to prractise my airbrushing. The swine knows I hate assembling tanks

Any goons get other neat stuff other than what's already been posted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I somehow manage to cut myself and bleed assembling a snap together Star Destroyer

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Radish posted:

This is true in literally every fantasy setting.

Mods?!?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I am shocked and appalled by all the dwarf haters in this thread

It's all going into the Book :argh:

Dorf supremecy mother fuckers

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 29, 2016

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I missed the DS9 derail :negative:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

fnordcircle posted:

No but the shame of failure is identical, I would wager

What's peak DS9? Like which season?

5 & 6 probably. Beware, they are the least Star Treky seasons of any Star Trek

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Atlas Hugged posted:

For more details on why no one is going to learn Mandarin, see the China thread in GBS.

Ha! Nice try!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Guys I already tried reading that moon language to put together my Bandai pocket Star Destroyer

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I commend your excellent taste :japan:

It has tiny shield generators you snap into place :swoon:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Moola posted:

scrunt wiki is no longer canon btw

I believe I will forge my own scrunt narrative

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chill la Chill posted:

I'm Cruxis Crusade.

You were awesome in Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I hope they make a Emp Golden Throne model that takes up most of the table and spawns in custodes every turn it will cost $5,000

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Business Gorillas posted:

I'm guessing you're european

Cowboys fandom spreading to Europe? :stonk:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Last year and it was a promotion. Spend $200 dollars and you get a die with a 7 on it.

Gotta roll that 13 some how on the Bell

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BULBASAUR posted:

They do as they have been publishing unique Eldar content for decades. I have no idea what they are thinking unless they just want to re brand the entire universe.

Which makes no sense with such a massive IP. You don't just piss away years of brand recognition for no good reason. Nobody does this because it's bad and dumb.

WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING???

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That is an interesting philosophical question, is something worse if it was sudden and you had no idea what was going to happen or if you know your doom and how it will play out and no way to avert it

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Moola I await your updated version of the song Aeldari Gonna Give It To Ya

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

starkebn posted:

DoW fan: hey guys, I want to start playing collecting tabletop, Sisters of Battle are my favourite!

GW nerd: actually they don't exist anyone *cringes*

DoW fan: Oh. Well guess I'll go play Infinity.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I thought daemon was a Greek thing

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Cinnamon Bear posted:

So is this just further confirmation that Eldar are getting the elf treatment with everyone joining up to be friends? Will it follow the same path where it turns out the Dark Eldar had the right idea all along?

Eldrad, you simply misconstrued my actions! I was in fact lawful good all along!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BULBASAUR posted:

Yep. This is actually real. As in, the image is a photoshop, but this is still what just happened:

Imperial Knight trench runs are in baby!

It's like how Vin Diesel got past the monsters from Pitch Black

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Irate Tree posted:

Non-gravity fed crossbow boltguns breaks my immersion.

Not the part where the part with the actual bowstring part of the crossbow would go through the gun and magazine?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Joe_Richter posted:

Also, they look like they could actually work. The strings are even visible on one!

It is ruining my narrative !

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I have a staff member who got into painting and playing 40K by her husband and she has a cool looking eldar army that is like harlequins or something I haven't played since 5th that she enjoys stomping smelly warhams who don't think women can play. Anyway, I don't know how I should or even have the heart to break the coming Sigmaring of her game. Maybe I'll just show some pics of Infinity figs.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Avenging Dentist posted:

Isn't that more because no one actually plays Eldar though? :angel:

Bad Moon posted:

I have a staff member who got into painting and playing 40K by her husband and she has a cool looking eldar army that is like harlequins or something I haven't played since 5th that she enjoys stomping smelly warhams who don't think women can play. Anyway, I don't know how I should or even have the heart to break the coming Sigmaring of her game. Maybe I'll just show some pics of Infinity figs.

She uh did not react well to the idea of Aeldari

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Moola posted:

I'm gonna order a Crossbones HG tomorrow probably

*broods robotically*

They made a Gundam look like the guy from Gurran Lagen, the snake is eating its tail.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Guy Goodbody posted:

Gurren Lagann is from the "super robot" branch of the mecha genre, and owes more to stuff like Getter Robo or Mazinkaiser than Gundam

Well with the cloak thing and the anime crud on the helmet it reminded me of Gurren Latham which was aping the giant robo genre

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Avenging Dentist posted:

Oh god I'm tipping. I'm tipping oveerrrrrrrrrrr
                                                                                /

The face I make when I see how much a GW kit costs

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Moola posted:

I went to a local import shoppe and asked the guy running it about ordering a gundarn and he was extremely weird

shall not go back there again

He as probably trying to figure out which narcotic Gundam was a euphemism for

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
All my heroes are dead. Time to throw myself into the sea

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Indolent Bastard posted:

Can I have your minis?

How do you think I'm going to weigh myself down?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TheChirurgeon posted:

I thought the lore was that a bunch of Native American shamans gave up their souls to combine them into one super-being that was the Emperor

Coincidentally just watched the Emperor Text to Speech episodes where they do a cliffnotes version of 40K history with popsicle puppets and it seemed good which is astonishing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FyeoBm5QFnA

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 3, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ashcans posted:

^^^ IIRC, the Emperor is supposed to be around from the dawn of civilization, because the threat of the warp emerged when people stopped basically living as nomadic hunter/gatherers and started getting time to think up inventive ways to gently caress stuff/murder people/scheme, so his arrival is basically at the dawn of 'history'.

Making the Primarchs big monster dudes is also kind of lame because I thought narratively that was the point of the ones that turned to Chaos and became Daemon Princes. Daemon Magnus is a huge fuckoff dude, but it's because he explicitly abandoned his humanity to pursue his own aggrandizement and it's reflected literally in his enormous, monstrous form. Whereas the Primarchs that didn't turn and remained loyal to humanity retained their essentially human stature. I also thought that was the point of the loyal primarchs being dead/lost, because choosing humanity also meant accepting mortal limits and, ultimately, to die as a man. The primarchs who turn may gain immortality, but it came at the price of their own identity, so they remain in the story but only as puppets and tools of the Chaos powers, not as free individuals. It was also what made Abaddon remotely interesting, because he was someone with the power and stature to have taken that deal, but he refused it because he wanted to retain his independence to pursue his own goals.

But I guess now the primarchs are all back and huge rad dudes and that's supposed to be awesome because we can mash them against the chaos ones in the middle of the board.

GW not understanding that being the biggest doesn't mean the best of most effective certainly reflects in their design philosophy

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
"The toppings are also cursed"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Tell me about the rabbits George Avenging Dentist

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The most troubling thing I've learned in th death thread, far worse than the depths of boomx3 anime fetish, is thst people use the word za in real life and not some Jim Butcher fake Chicago affection.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I don't mind pinning and it's not too hard but gently caress metal models with giant rear end gaps and poses that make it hard to balance Withough putting giant pieces of scenery to attach too

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Why you would even want to have skirmish models in that numbers is beyond me. Even playing Fantasy a massed battles game, I'd always groan when playing somebody who wanted to play some 4K "epic" game instead of something reasonable like 2250. We'd get to turn three and it'd be hours later and I'm trying to to hang myself on the corner while they did their movement phase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm gonna come out and say it. I hate top knots.

Stop putting top knots on your models sculpters. It looks moronic.

• Locked thread