Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
I consider Dave's adventures as some sort of Motorama show only with old, clapped-out crap-boxes. As much as I understand Dave's intimate, deep connections to Vee Dubs, we've already seen that episode.
So... I think it would only be fair that Dave brings out his next show-pony and gives us a glimpse at what sort of tricks it can perform. Dave, get that imitation-Kitt going and tell us all about how it seduced you with that sexy voice (on the other hand... no, don't. We can respect your privacy.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

I think that's one of his socks?

Oh. I thought it was a flattened road-kill and 14" was grieving over it.
Anyway, time to check it and put it to use again.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Why would I need to when this Saturn finally got made great again. So great it could perhaps be even the best Saturn Ever. And since i too am also the best of my kind, why, I bet me and saturn could hang out all day tomorrow and just like talk for hours about all the different ways we're both so great

Guys, I think we're witnessing a birth of Nietzsche's Übermensch or should I say... Überauto. Outstanding effort, Dave. Just outstanding.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

What the gently caress is something sensitive?

I didn't even know this thing existed. I thought 4chan was a community for ex-SA rejects. For a dead gay forum, this site sure creates a lot of bitter, butt-hurt twats who can't let go.
As for Dave...dude, don't pay any attention to them. You know where our loyalties lie.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Bibendum posted:

Is that an Opel Manta? It's freaking beautiful.

I knew it was Opel but couldn't make the model. Last time I saw this thing in flesh was 40+ years ago.
Thanks for the trip back in time, 14.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

rosie pls stop

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee.

Eh, she just wants a cuddle. (maybe) :cenobite:

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

DICK DICER posted:

Eh I told her the truth. I said exactly what I knew she needed to hear to move forward in her life free from the ghosts that haunt me still. As my last gift to her, I said that I didn't harbor any hate or anger, that as hard as it was to hear from her it meant she was alive and here to do so, I loved her and missed her but I knew things could not and would not ever be the same, and that if I had the chance to do it over again even knowing how it ended I would in a heart beat and it was worth it. As a person who remembers having his first existential crisis at his 4th birthday party, struggling with bipolar and depression, I get excited about things, sure. I enjoy things, I feel happy in many situations. But out of my entire life, she was still the only person sharing the only memories out of my entire range of human experience that I finally felt truly, absolutely happy

She was sick, she was dying of a mental illess hell bent on destroying her from the inside out, and I can not loathe a person reacting in terror and pain in situatons so far beyond the realm of normal a Trump presidency seems pedestrian.

And if ten minutes of my time is what it takes to give her a future now that she's finally found her strength, then by God I'm going to do it.

Well, it takes strength to do what you did rather than just laugh at her and tell her to go pound sand. Nice one, dude.

Obligatory Sound of Silence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwNdq4AC6qY

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Dave, in case you don't understand...there's NO middle ground with these fuckers. You're either on their good or bad side and if you gently caress up...
You can text that honcho "Thanks, but no thanks" from a safe distance (preferably outside Seattle city limits).
Also... get Rosie some top-quality kitty food to ease her PTSD.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Haha, that's a good joke... I hope.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Dead Dave is not much fun so get out of that shithole, son.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Dave, if you truly want help, you need to give us a plan and you need to take action to prove to us that whatever we do to help you isn't for naught. You know where you want to go and what you want to take, so let's see some initiative from you.

If we do help you, we need proof. You've already told us you cannot be trusted while in Seattle, and you know you better than we know you, so tell us how to help you in a way that you will not subvert it. Receipts, screenshots, whatever. If you want to PM it to me or email it to me at AdiabaticSA@gmail.com instead of posting it in here, that's fine.

If you don't come up with a plan that fully line-items exactly how you're going to get back on track, whatever that means to you, with dates on when you're going to do it, by May 21st, I'm denying you your audience.

You may ask everyone in here for advice, and everyone please feel free to give him any advice you may think of.

If you give us a plan by May 21st, and we agree it's the best course of action and do-able, we are then going to hold you to it. If you miss completing any part of the plan, I'm denying you your audience.

AI, is this fair? Please give me your input.

Yeah, this is fair. We've been feeding Dave with carrots too long, now it's time for some tough love (stick).
Dave, don't take this the wrong way, man. We want to help you but we're slowly running out of options.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Shut up. If Dave can't make jokes about it he might as well just give up, the guy needs some sense of humor as we all do so back off.

Comedy forum, remember?

Now, now. SA is a comedy forum but I like to think that (at least here in AI) we're mature enough not to make light of situation where one of us is actively working on self-destruction to keep others amused. Dave's variation of humor is more anxiety-inducing than being funny, TBH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

TBH, I can't imagine a better get-away car than a biturbo with a hosed throttle cable. Take 'er for a spin and see what else gets hosed.

• Locked thread