Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Hey thread, it's me, I'll be here all year bringing you my usual quality posts :3:
Just a little New Years gift from me to you

My 2017 in animation will be continuing catching up on major studios' back catalogues. Gonna be sweet!

Edit: oh and reading my copy of The Illusion of Life!

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

got any sevens posted:

Yeah I havent seen Moana, but trolls/pets/panda/storks all looked like dreck from trailers, and I fell asleep during Dory and zootopia had about 2 good jokes and was pretty but otherwise mediocre.

Maybe the toon game isn't for you

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Not to mention Zoot has fantastic characters all round.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

FirstAidKite posted:

Is it true that the lego batman movie is going to attempt to be serious

I forget where I'd heard that the lego batman movie was attempting to be serious. Well, maybe serious isn't the right way to go, but I mean like, just telling a typical sorta batman story but everything happens to be lego instead of going bonkers with everything like the lego movie did

Have you seen the trailer?

Looks kinda bonkers

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Here's a couple of recent Cartoon Brew articles that people itt might find interesting:

Complete list of songs featured in Sing (someone was asking for this in the last thread)

A list of 60+ animated films in theatres in 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
No, people have moved onto 8-bit goatpeople, get with the times

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Everyone should strive to watch Zootopia more. Try to even fit viewings of Zootopia inside your viewings of Zootopia.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Zootopia is a planet settled by the distant descendants of Doctor Doppler and Captain Amelia.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Zootopia is rocket raccoon's back story

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
My mum saw Moana on my recommendation and absolutely loved it.

The last two animated films she saw in cinemas were Prince of Egypt, and before that, Beauty and the Beast.

Now she has a lot of quality animation to catch up on :)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
90% of my love for Simba's Pride is due to Cam Clarke's singing voice for Simba. I used to watch "We Are One" over and over just for that.

Unmature, I saw these and thought of you:

Then I bought and ate them, mmmm duck flavoured

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Das Boo posted:

We all gotta draw the line somewhere. Sometimes it's Disney sequels, sometimes it's fetishy counterfeit Flash games. Sometimes it's... more dire.

My ears are burning

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm disappointed the 2016 animation thread didn't end in a dance party :smith:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Who Framed Roger Rabbit invented film noir.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
:same: bro

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm happy. Zootopia and Moana were both practically perfect films in my eyes, so either or both sweeping the various awards nights is good. I'd give the slight edge to Zootopia for fuzzy catpeople but I'm biased

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Its fucken bad but it's not the worst action figure of all time

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Unmature posted:

(also hey, check this out there's a new Cartoons 101 that's cool it's a good show I like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBeGF1qo33g What? The channel just hit 20,000 views and 700 subs? That's cool too it's a good show I like it)

I showed my boyfriend videos from your channel last night! He's a big Animaniacs fan so he enjoyed the stuff about Spielberg in animation.

There's 2 of us enjoying your vids now so I guess I should double my Patreon pledge...

I just started reading a huuuge biography of Spielberg yesterday, I'm not sure what it covers beyond his directorial work but I hope there's some stuff in there about his toon producing.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
If we're on anime... I just got Cowboy Bebop on bluray. I've never actually seen the show, just the movie.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Robindaybird posted:

And Yoko Kanno knocks it out of the park with music - as usual. People love to bitch about dubs, but Cowboy Bebop has a really fantastic one.

Yoko Kanno's Wolf's Rain soundtrack is in my top 5 soundtracks ever and the song "Strangers" from it (sung by Raj Ramayya) is one of my favourite songs ever.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Aw man why isn't A Ghufi Movie out on bluray :\

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Dear Disney,

no dont

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm tiggered

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
My Disney playlist on shuffle is loving amazing for getting through a dreary work day before Switchmas tonight. I just went from Hellfire to You Know Who You Are (from Moana) to Hakuna Matata :allears:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Fangz posted:

Dang, I just realised that Moana is structurally a palindrome.

The soundtrack is a little like that, for sure.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Disney lookin' out for their cat fam

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

CRINDY posted:

Scarlett Johansson was the best celebrity furry, by the way.

I wonder how many celebrities are secretly furries.

I mean, there have to be a few right??

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
That Tangled toon looks amazing, honestly. Especially Maximus! I can never get me enough of sassy Disney horses :3:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm gonna watch Storks this week just try n stop me

Edit: look at this chill song featuring medieval furries https://youtu.be/2CYaZFydbA4

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Aces High posted:

It definitely says something that every time a new shot appeared and I knew exactly which movie it was from and what was about to happen.

It means I watch too much Disney :v:

Wrong, watch more Disney, more more more!!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Full of sound and furry, signifying nothing

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Das Boo posted:

You could put Hopps and Rapunzel together and with a wardrobe switch in either direction, they could easily come from the same stylistic universe. Hell, put a newsboy on Pascal, a coat on Sven and a T and shorts on Pua. They'd right at home in Zoo. If you ignore the "no domestics" rule, Mochi would blend right in too. And the focus of Zoo was fur, so it fits.
Maximus would be a bounty hunter.

God now I want a Zootopia comic series featuring every non-talking animal sidekick from a Disney history, now anthropomorphised as Zootopia residents

Helppp why doesn't this exist yet :(

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

How are there two animated biopics of Donald Trump coming out this year???

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
That has more bad movies than good movies but still holy crap I want that boxset :swoon:

Can you put in a word with Katzenbug for me?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
My boyfriend is away for two nights next week so I'm going to catch up on all the super cringey animated movies he'd never watch :toot:

Trolls is number 1 on my list

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Something about the design of the characters' eyes reminds me a lot of the character design for Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

devilwu posted:

It's probably the eyes and the eyelids. Didn't see it, do you recommend it?

Only as part of watching Community as a whole. By itself it wouldn't make much sense.

(oh and as far as Community goes, skip season 4)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I just want to say I am really enjoying the Netflix Voltron series right now.

edit: RHYS DARBY IS IN THIS????! :neckbeard:

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jan 20, 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Hey is there any merch of shark-head Maui yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Talking of merch though:

http://buyhappyfeet.com/collections/Dreamworks

I audibly gasped.

Currently 40% off with promo code too