Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi, let's talk about the Elm-Chanted Forest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fkr8v9ltxY

There aren't any good quality uploads of the mushroom song, but pretend I posted the mushroom song where a minstrel-show-looking afro-sporting mushroom named michael starts rapping and breakdancing menacingly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Diabetes Forecast posted:

I saw this film as a kid and thought it was rad, but almost entirely because the villian characters were fun to watch. It's been a LOOOOOOONG time since i saw it, but if I remember right, they had better animation than basically everything else in the film. I remember really liking that rediculous knight with a guillotine for an eye slot, but i don't remember alot from it. I wonder if there's any place that has it up to watch now?

I can definitely say it wasn't terribly good looking at just that video, though.

It's an ugly as gently caress film but the antagonist's evil machinery was very good to look at because of the dirty look the film had in general.

The only other thing I'd say the animators put any effort into was the fox. Someone on the animation team really liked the fox lady and made sure to make her as well animated as possible. And then just reuse that animation through most of the movie.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is it true that the lego batman movie is going to attempt to be serious

I forget where I'd heard that the lego batman movie was attempting to be serious. Well, maybe serious isn't the right way to go, but I mean like, just telling a typical sorta batman story but everything happens to be lego instead of going bonkers with everything like the lego movie did

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CeallaSo posted:

All I remember about this movie is the beaver and how upset the king gets about his lackey mentioning it.

Beaver?

Beaver....?!

BEAVER??!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Pick posted:

Tim Curry is not that great

What the gently caress is this poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What was the deal with talespin anyway, why did they decide to repurpose jungle book characters for that show, that always seemed like a weird thing to do

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The only good dance party ending is that one episode of The Simpsons.

What, the one about the film adaptation of macbeth?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is it also set to Two Tickets to Paradise?

No, and also, I said macbeth and meant hamlet sorry

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Okay then.

poo poo, now I need a production of Hamlet that ends with the cast dancing to Two Tickets to Paradise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc_WTvGeXOk

poo poo quality but that's what I was talking about

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Was who framed roger rabbit any good

Like, I know it is this beloved technological marvel of animation and live action and fitting all of these different characters together, but was it actually any good?

I haven't seen it in forever and tbh I know it's lame as hell but I only thought about it again because I had a nightmare the other night involving me having to watch the shoe scene again :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I never had the impression that it wasn't good, I just have not seen it in decades so I don't actually remember anything about it other than its existence and some characters

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
And that loving shoe scene

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Magnus Condomus posted:

You clearly haven't seen the deleted pig mask scene. Possible spoilers if someone somehow still hasn't seen the movie: (skip to 4:25 if you just want to see the part in question)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz_TEJ0BFEI

Still not as bad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Bob Hoskins was the best part of Super Mario Bros because he was like the only one trying, despite being shitfaced drunk almost the entire time.

Hey, Dennis Hopper tried too

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

and two lines of dialogue.

What's that?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pretend I linked that clip of patrick stewart shooting at his flowers while shouting about people killing all his lilies

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pretend I linked that clip of Sir Patrick Stewart shooting at his flowers while shouting about people killing all his lilies

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RarxHqNgzvU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

starkebn posted:

Looks like an episode of "Fireman Sam"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRRSfE-Z8g8

You're being very rude to fireman sam right now

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm never gonna see it because I don't have any interest in seeing it, but based on the trailer I saw before Lego Batman (what a good movie that was, btw), I'm mostly just left wondering "why are they doing this in live action if they're just going to mostly copy the animated one?"

It doesn't seem like they're doing anything majorly different with it :shrug: I'd be interested if they were trying to shake things up in how they handle the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

LeJackal posted:

Gender-swap Belle into the male equivalent, out to escape a domineering gender-swapped Gaston's attempts to ensnare him into a forced marriage.

Also, Beast remains a beast.

Wrap, print, savor.

Instead, a version where Gaston gets locked up and learns to be a decent human being after seeing what he could potentially become in The Beast