Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

2017: The year where I finally watch Moana.. On Netflix.

Oh who am I kidding, I'll watch Zootopia again instead.

Aside from Cars, is Buena Vista planning anything animated for 2017 or did they blow their entire load in 2016?

edit: Pixar releases under Buena Vista, right?
edit2: Buena Vista or WDMP you know what I mean

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm pretty sure this was me watching the first five minutes of Lion King 2

Then again, as someone who probably recited the first movie from memory with his friends on a regular basis, not much could have lived up to my expectations for a sequel. D2V animation was always such a deflating feeling. You wanted something that was epic and cinematic, and you got an hour and a half long Disney Afternoon episode instead.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Great, I think I'm on some sort of government watchlist now.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Das Boo posted:

I have never been able to make it through a Disney sequel. If I am alone at home, I will be so embarrassed by what I'm watching I'll have to switch it off.

Pretty much my reaction.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is this english because I feel like I understood maybe three words.

Although I somehow managed to completely miss Storks. From the little bits and pieces I saw I kind of want to watch it. Hope it hit Netflix real soon.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 11, 2017

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Thanks, I managed to piece it together after repeated watching. I'm like that with english that has the slightest hint of an accent.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

My biggest problem wit D2V was always the lovely TV-quality animation. Computer animation seems to really bring it up a level. Like I actually thought that trailer looked pretty good for a TV movie thing.

Granted it looks like every stylized 2D kids show these days, but that doesn't actually bother me that much. I actually really like that look, god help me.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

If we got a Zootopia toon in that style I'd be down with it. The iOS detective game is really nice looking. The movie translates into 2D amazingly well.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I can finally start correcting people when they tell me I like a furry movie.

*ahem* I believe you mean oscar award winning furry movie

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Crazy Ferret posted:

Yay for Zootopia! :toot:

I wonder if it will get a fancy special edition? I'd love to hear a commentary track or get that short documentary that came out a while back attached on a disc.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind buying it on BluRay a second time if it comes with any new Oscar stuff.

Despite the fact that I don't actually own a physical media player.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I guess I should probably watch Kubo at some point. Hopefully it hits Netflix sooner rather than later.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hedrigall posted:

I wonder if Disney will now throw a merchandising bone or two to fans of its billion-dollar-grossing, Oscar-winning, good film Zootopia

I guess they could reduce the Frozen section down to nineteen displays.

But they won't.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

When 9/11 happened I went to go live with Aqua Teen Hunger Force and that worked out pretty okay.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Pick posted:

PS - I still intensely dislike Inside Out

You have me beat on the intense dislike, but I thought I was the only one with negative feelings on the movie. I think it was hyped up so much to me as this deep movie by friends that when I saw it I just reacted negatively when it didn't deliver. To this day everyone I know tells me that it's this deep, incredibly moving movie that unironically drives them to tears and while I can't disagree that it feels like that to them, I just don't see it or feel it.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

I think David Tennant's voice is too young and light for Scrooge McDuck. They should have got Peter Capaldi.

I'll give you Capaldi but only on the condition that he trends towards Malcolm Tucker and not The Doctor :twisted:

But I really like Tennant in this. It's close enough to Young's while giving it some unique character.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I never really thought that much about putting a lot of time and effort into supporting a movie, but now that I look at the shelf of Zootopia toys on a shelf next to my TV, and the Zootopia poster staring me in the face from across the room and these all add up to two unmistakeable conclusions:

1. These are both the signs of someone who is probably never getting laid again, or at the very least should never bring a date home.
2. Somehow I put some effort into collecting these inconsequential items and I have surprised myself.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This is /r/zootopia's unofficial tagline.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Saw this on NHK News today -- The National Museum of Modern Art in Tokyo set up a website dedicated to showcase early Japanese animation. I can't read Japanese but the newscast said an English version was slated for release next month. In the meantime, maybe someone can find something really neat here:

http://animation.filmarchives.jp/index.html

It doesn't really work when you run it through Google Translate, but if you do run it through GT you can figure out most of how the site works and then go back and fumble around.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 6, 2017

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

CRINDY posted:

This is coming out in actual theaters in six weeks

https://youtu.be/CicSHrDKw0M

My initial reaction was pretty much       ♪ I hate every ape I see: From chimpan-a to chimpan-z

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Das Boo posted:

So I wonder if they're actually going to use those skewed brand names.

After the animal-ized Disney movies in Zootopia, I keep hoping Disney makes it a point to remix real world stuff into each movie's universe.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I guess it looks watchable. I'll be real though, if I didn't go see Moana in theatres I'm probably not going to go see The Smurfs.

Maybe a Netflix curiosity-watch though.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Wait is Lion King actually gett..

.. but

.. and what abo ---

I don't ev-- what?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Live action Mulan might actually be interesting, I'm not going to lie. I'll go see it for sure.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Pentaro posted:

New trailer for Coco: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La-DiT132XQ

I love everything about this.

I, also, share this sentiment.

Adorable :3:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I like to imagine that Rugrats: Grown up is just Office Space but animated.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

No thanks, I'd rather live never having watched Boss Baby.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

In order, pretty much.

Zootopia
Lion King
Emperor's New Groove
Road to El Dorado
Mulan
Prince of Egypt
Lilo and Stitch
Iron Giant
Beauty and the Beast
Bug's Life

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

God, I haven't actually watched enough animated movies recently to make a top ten.

Yeah like two of those are recent. This is reaching back maaaany years.

Hedrigall posted:

I like your list, wanna come over and watch movies? :3:

I'm down.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

uh yeah, they asked for TOP ten which I assume meant good movies.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Macaluso posted:

What the gently caress

Ooh touchy subject :ohdear:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I feel like I should swap something on my list out for Hunchback because I have a really soft spot for that movie.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

IUG posted:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit shouldn't be on anyone's Top 10 children-appropriate list, because when I killed your brother, I talked JUST LIKE :siren: THIS :siren: :gonk:

That didn't bother me nearly as much as the shoe dip :smith:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Unmature posted:

Your Name is really, really good, you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slxe2DZI-VA

I haven't watched anime in probably fifteen or twenty years but this looks like a neat movie. Thanks for the heads up!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Raserys posted:

Has anyone posted this pilot? It's absolutely fantastic: https://youtu.be/idT98H8TK-U

3rd'ing that this is awesome. If it is a pilot then honestly I'm not sure how it'll play as a series but I'd watch it for a bit at least.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

I assume this has been posted too. Another CN pilot, Infinity Train

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY6kfVWv01k

Corgis were cute but the girl and the robots were very annoying; I hope they never make it home :colbert:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I want to go see Your Name but I'm just not finding the time. Truth told I'll just wait until it hits Netflix or iTunes Store.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

You guys wore me down. Bought a ticket to Your Name for tomorrow.

Might as well, seeing as how everything else fun to do is closed on Easter Sunday.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 16, 2017

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I dunno, I'm one of those rare people that don't care at all about the big theatre experience. 7/10 times I'd rather watch a movie comfortably lounging on my couch.

The other 3/10 were Zootopia, obviously.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I don't really keep count so honestly Z was probably like 9/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Your Name was a good movie. Really glad I got off my rear end to go see it. I'm still not sure the theatre experience added much to it, but that's just me. Either way it was fun.

I'm sitting there, it's getting near the end of the movie and I'm all "Hey this is neat, we're almost through an anime and there hasn't been a single gratuitous panty sho--oh wait nevermind".