Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
This thread's title is cool, and good, and I will graciously overlook the missing comma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Pick posted:

And the power of one voice, one heart, one song.

And the mediator between the one voice, one heart and one song must be the one head!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Was the third Aladdin movie straight to DVD? I remember rather enjoying that as a child, even after recognizing the second one wasn't very good.

Straight to VHS, but yes.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Maybe link that instead, as the thumbnail is, itself, fairly NWS.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It has long been known that Lucifer survived the fall.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mierenneuker posted:

One Perfect Shot posted about this compilation which I've dubbed "Hey Disney, keep those wide shots coming".

https://vimeo.com/199552390

Any idea what the song is? I know Jóhann Jóhannsson is the composer.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mierenneuker posted:

"Flight From The City".

Thank you!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Unmature posted:

On episode 9 of Mob Psycho 100 and if it were any longer than it is I would've dropped it by now. I just don't think this show is very good. And any time something cool or a character that I like is introduced they disappear.

And in this episode I've seen a scary evil boss say "kthx" and a guy call someone "noob." Did some fansubs slip into Crunchyroll by accident?

Fair enough if you don't like it, but I get the feeling you might be approaching this show from the wrong angle. It's not really about cool characters or scary evil bosses so much as a story about a shy kid with an unusual talent going through middle school. It just happens to feature the occasional doofus who is eager to sell themself as cool and important.

I think it's telling that an early antagonist, who later goes on to strangle a kid that's maybe five inches shorter than him, refers to himself as the "main character."

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 17, 2017

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Spatula City posted:

What I get from this is that The Hunchback of Notre Dame has some of the most utterly beautiful shots I've ever seen, holy poo poo. It's been so long since I've seen it, and when I did see it, I wasn't a film fan and couldn't really apprehend how impressive the filmatic elements were.

I wonder how the VHS releases have colored peoples thoughts of the Disney animated films. They look entirely different on blu-ray.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Unmature posted:

Nah, I'm approaching it fine. "Cool" means something I like, not that they have a skateboard and a sick 'tude. Every time the show introduces something I like it abandons it to focus on a terrible character like Mob's brother. And the show is very much not about what you said. The first couple episodes were and then it was about boring nonsense. It's a real letdown to go directly from YOI to this.

What is it you didn't like about Mob's brother? I personally found him to be an understandable and compelling character, even when he was acting reprehensibly.

I don't mean to come across as pestering you for not liking a show that I liked, but I'm genuinely interested in your opinion.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Turner Feature Animation has produced three feature animations. The other two were Tom and Jerry: The Movie, and the Pagemaster.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ThermoPhysical posted:

They're not raccoons! Tanuki! Tanuki have giant balls in Japanese folklore.

This is actually a point worth making because tanuki are real actual animals that are native to the islands of Japan whereas raccoons are an introduced and harmful species.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Winklebottom posted:

Didn't the raccoon problem in Japan stem from some massively popular anime about a raccoon which lead people to buy them as pets?

Rascal, which was an adaptation of a Wisconsin children's book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YMH5ntJEZ0

It shares a theme song with Frogger.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Unmature posted:

I made a video about what a dick John K is and one of the dickiest things he ever did: https://youtu.be/TCK-4S7EHbA

I'm glad that before there was professionals being petty on the internet, there was professionals being petty on fanzines.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I felt real pity for the man after hearing him talk about his dad and seeing him try to laugh off "jokingly" tantrum at the idea of speaking to him.

It was short lived.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Unmature posted:

I went through a roller coaster of emotions making this video. He clearly had a rough upbringing that warped his sense of masculinity, but after three decades in the industry and still being such a toxic dick he kind of loses his excuse.

The man needs a psychiatrist, not an audience.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

No Idea Where I'm Taking This

maybe not, but there's No backing out of this now

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
This is perhaps not the most appropriate venue for Larry the Cucumber.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I imagine the Robot and Horton are both looking at each other.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Drifter posted:

No. There's no assisted suicide at the end of this one.

It ain't suicide from a legal standpoint but no one getting in a ring with her can value their life that highly.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Lego sets have never been cheap.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Pick posted:

Honestly, they could have just modeled every brick from the get-go and still been ahead. LEGO could even have sent them the specs for each.

You also save a certain amount of time/money on design, since you know your character's base model, for instance.

And no rendering hair or fur :iamafag:

Presumably they would have done that for the original Lego Movie. It's a good thing these movies have been as good as they have, because as cheap as they are to make and with as many assets they can reuse, we're likely getting quite a few more of them.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The Timon of Pumbaa cartoon show was one of the first moments I remember realizing that a cartoon show could be bad.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Macaluso posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

edit: this poo poo is all a big prank on me as revenge for the Barrytoa isn't it

I just remember not caring for it's humor at all, and being surprised because of how much I liked the Lion King.

Granted, I have not seen the show since then.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Don't go all internet detective on a mammal.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It's kind of astonishing how timeless A Goofy Movie is, given that it's simultaneously xtremely 90s.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

All of Tezuka's shorts are excellent.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Phylodox posted:

What's a bear doing there?

Oh my god, Phylodox, you can't just ask someone why they're a bear.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Waffleman_ posted:

I might get drawn and quartered for saying this, but I'm not really the biggest fan of Don Bluth's stuff. Most of his stuff is.....the best way I can put it is visually off-putting. I can't really articulate why, I just don't like it.

I get what you mean, but to me that's actually a point in it's favor. I can't quite articulate what it is, either, but there's a certain crudeness to it that works very well with the stories he tends to tell.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The original Land Before Time holds up.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Sir Lemming posted:

I might be totally wrong on this, but Treasure Planet and Atlantis always struck me as Disney trying to do something like Titan AE, which is bizarre because that movie wasn't even a hit. I guess there was some bug going around the animation studios at the time that people wanted more edgy, action-oriented animated movies? Maybe it was due to the popularity of anime at the time?

Samuel Clemens posted:

Atlantis was conceptualised a few years before production started on Titan A.E. It came about because the team behind The Hunchback of Notre Dame really wanted to make an adventure film in the vein of Raiders of the Lost Ark, drawing inspiration from Jules Vernes' stories. Treasure Planet, meanwhile, was a pet project of Ron Clements that he had been trying to pitch since the 80s. I don't doubt that both films were financed at least partly because Disney saw the diminishing returns of its traditional animated films and tried to explore new ideas, but they weren't reactions to a specific project by a competitor.

I'd bet anything that all three movies were heavily influenced by Hiyao Miyazaki's "Around the World in 80 days by Sea."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Avshalom posted:

i went up to my mother and did my best lioness sitting pose on the floor and asked her what sort of animal i was, she said "a frog" and i threw a tantrum

I'm guessing her favorite was the Jungle Book.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

cartoons are blood

the demon from Rock and Rule dot gif

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The Silver Snail posted:

That big cat guy looks like a character from the Cheetos expanded universe.

He looks like the kind of person who, whenever someone brings up Chester Cheetah, would go into a huge rant about how Chester sold out to the man, unlike himself, who is a true artist.

His band mates are sick of it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
“His theory was that there was this island with these cavemen on it, and basically a car would go there and pick one out. The caveman would plug their spines into the inside of the car and work as part of the brain (you can see the actual brain on top of the caveman’s head). And that’s how the car can move around, because a caveman is in there attached to the brain and manually turning the wheel. As you can see the tires have bones in them and everything. Steve said that Pixar wasn’t wild about his theory.” - Steve Purcell’s - Sam & Max creator and Pixar employee - theory on how the Cars universe works

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Sym-Bionic Titan would have probably been remembered much more fondly if it came out half a decade earlier.

As it happened, it was a mostly average show that didn't quite have the style of Samurai Jack, didn't quite have the humor of Dexter's Lab, and didn't quite have the character of the Powerpuff Girl's. It started to find it's footing just in time for it to not be renewed.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
This makes me a hell of a lot more interested in the BatB remake than anything else I've seen.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

21 Muns posted:

I could really go for a Six Eggs movie. Disney Expanded Universe, anyone?

Gaston is the villain again, and with ever egg he consumes he grows larger and larger.
Basically, it's Pulgasari without the evil king.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Barudak posted:

This summer, 24601 is how many tons he weighs.

Lefou wears an expression halfway between the Budai and Jughead as he watches Gaston's physique become ever more grotesquely Olympian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
That sounds legitimately interesting and I look forward to watching the youtube upload of it N months from now.