Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Crazy Ferret posted:

Yeah.

It was a fan theory for a long time but the director has said that it is true. Apparently the reveal got cut from the finished movie.

And added to the second direct-to-video sequel, if I recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Spatula City posted:

my dad thinks Emmy Rossum is a better singer in the movie than Sarah Brightman in general. PEOPLE HAVE CRAZY OPINIONS.

Sarah Brightman sounds like a Muppet in Phantom of the Opera.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Macaluso posted:

Uh they already had this it was called Space Jam and it was basically perfect

There's nothing basic about Space Jam. :colbert:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
But Sausage Party was so transgressive!!! Swearing! Racism! Sex! In a cartoon movie?!? *record scratch, bulldog tilts head to the side*

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Having seen Sausage Party (it took me two sittings to get through the whole thing) and then seen the reviews it got, I can only conclude that it was so incomprehensibly bad as to literally break the minds of the critics who viewed it. Like, Sam Neill at the end of In the Mouth of Madness broken.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Man, that's one of those old cartoons that kind of feels like a weird fever dream.

So, most cartoon shows from the 80s, then.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is that the star of jude but it says Yiff

Looks more like "Yiffy".

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

You can almost hear the quotation marks around "all-new, original movie".

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

The_Doctor posted:

Christ, it uses the actual soundtrack of the Gene Wilder film? What the eff?

All-new! Original!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
If I had unlimited money, I'd want the Beast cels from these:

Or somewhere thereabouts.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
My wife loved the first Kingdom Hearts. The second one, she was less enthusiastic about. But she fuckin' adored the Winnie the Pooh segments. Just the most chill, gentle, sweet area where there's no fighting or stress, just hangin' around, chilling with Pooh and his buddies. That was like a zen escape for her.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
High school is terrible at actually educating, but super good and effective at engendering in teenagers an intensely adversarial attitude towards learning and educators.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Hedrigall posted:

Dayum, between chunky-legged Hawaiian women in this and Chel in The Road To El Dorado, i'm discovering a thing i like

Have you seen Chris Sanders' Deviantart page? The man likes him some legs.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's funny. Lotta classic action movies get by the sheer charisma of the actor that you never learn the character's name. Without looking it up, see if you could remember Arnold's character's name from Predator. You can't. No one knows it. Yet, people remember Jakesu-lee's name because of that, despite the actor being the living embodiment of white noise.

Dutch Schaeffer.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but maybe Predator wasn't the best choice.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Pick posted:

This movie is, and I strongly and confidently assert this, going to suck rear end.

This, but it's also going to make a billion dollars.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Who do I have to kill to prevent the space jam sequel

Well, if you kill yourself it won't prevent it, but you won't have to live in a world where it exists.

Don't kill yourself, though.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

starkebn posted:

The plot is interesting, the script is really tight with lots of humour but plenty of poignant moments, no superfluous characters, awesome kungfu action, very strong voice acting, and the animation still holds up even if the texturing is a bit weak if you really look for it.

I mean...this is really debatable. The Furious Five are barely sketched in, character-wise.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm watching The Black Hole right now. Weird. It's from that period where Disney were still trying to break into more serious live action fare, but with some weird, goofy moments kind of incongruously shoved in for the kids.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Samuel Clemens posted:

I will not stand for this slandering of poor Elmo.

Fuzzy little shithead stole Grover's spotlight. :argh:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I was amazed at how The Last Airbender managed to botch even simple things like basic framing and dialogue. Conversations in that movie were weird, disjointed affairs where characters took turns stating things at each other, sometimes completely unrelated to what had just been said, while the camera cut between weirdly close-up shots of the actors, making it impossible to ignore how bored and confused they looked, like nobody was actually in the same room at the time, they just recorded each actor saying their lines separately and then spliced it together in post, which I guess is faithful to the show's animated roots, but nobody bothered to actually direct the actors.

But the costumes and set design were good.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Looper posted:

This is the part where someone posts Princess Dickhair

Again, that can be attributed to basic cinematography. Film school 101, day 1, framing lesson 1: Don't inadvertently make your subjects look like cocks.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Hemingway To Go! posted:

It's also surprising that the two movies about nontraditional families come from the superhero genre.

Three. The first Guardians of the Galaxy was totally about assembling a de facto family, too, it was just slightly less explicit about it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Martytoof posted:

This is so good. Mrs. Beakley got a spot on the title shot too.

I'm assuming that's Mrs. Beakley, I mean who else would it be.

I like that Mrs. Beakley looks fuckin' ripped. Like, she ain't gonna take poo poo from anyone, especially not some Beagle Boy scrub.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Guy Mann posted:

I saw the McDonalds happy meal display for DM3 and all of the toys but one or two are Minions.

Last time I was at McDonald's I saw that same display. So did an eight or nine year old little boy, who proceeded to shout "Mummy! Mummy! Minions 3 toys!!!" and then bounce around his mother in circles going "Bello! Bello, Mummy! Bello! Bello!!! Mummy! Mummy! Bello! Bello, Mummy!!! Bello!!!" It was like something out of a David Lynch movie. There's a reason those stupid yellow things are everywhere, and it's because kids can't get enough of them.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I feel like I gave My Little Pony a fair chance, despite reservations. Watched three episodes. I feel like I'd be happy with my daughter watching it, if I had one, but it really didn't grab me at all. Plus, the voices were like bandsaws in my brain, especially the dumb pink one.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I mean, there's nothing really wrong with grown men enjoying My Little Pony, but it's super loving gross and creepy that they would get all proprietary about it. Does that actually happen? Grown men resenting little girls for intruding on their fandom...surrounding a show for little girls?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I guess that's still better than the guys who are a bit too welcoming of little girls.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Robindaybird posted:

So apparently the Netflix Castlevania series is all hand-drawn animation and it looks so drat good.

We'll see if they can maintain that level of quality for more than four episodes.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

Starrin' Pewdiepie's racist rear end.

Is the movie self-aware enough to make him the villain?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Aces High posted:

props for him for patriotism but that doesn't even look like something that had a commercial release

Helping to get that movie released feels like the opposite of patriotism. Like, no one's coming out of that movie thinking better of Scotland.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
"The trouble with Scotland is that it's full of Scots."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bimmi posted:

Oh, dear. That is the face of a man who didn't quite read his contract carefully enough.

Honestly, they've all got a bit of the thousand-yard-stare going in that picture. But, hell, I don't blame them. I can only imagine the ridiculous paycheques they all got for this.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
TJ Miller looks like he's having a great time until you zoom in on his face. Then you see his eyes. He's dead inside. That's why Gwen Steffani is wearing sunglasses.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
There's Fantasy by DYE. It's hella hosed up, though.

:nws: :nms: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uba0EjsPFTg&autoplay=1 :nms: :nws:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Butt Detective posted:

Kind of surprised I haven't seen mention of this one yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTP2RUD_cL0

The post you responded to was responding to that video?

Or is this some sort of Groundhog Day situation?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Shadow Hog posted:

I dunno, I think it's a remarkably on-model little figma they've got there, and I kinda wanna buy one.

How many hundreds of dollars is it gonna be, though?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Schwarzwald posted:

I think most revoltech figures are around $20-40.

:eyepop::monocle::pirate::swoon::wth:

From what I can see, the figure is about $70, which, while still enough to give me pause, is insane for such a nice looking toy.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

The_Doctor posted:

You're right, I should be able to spot bait by now.

There’s a reason he’s the only person I’ve ever ignored.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
He’s probably best known as Erlich Bachman from Silicon Valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I love the Dolph Lundgren Masters of the Universe movie, fight me.