Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What regions belong in the Pacific Northwest?
Alaska, US
British Columbia, CA
Washington, US
Oregon, US
Idaho, US
Montana, US
Wyoming, US
California, US (MODS PLEASE BAN ANYONE VOTING FOR THIS OPTION TIA)
View Results

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

GodFish posted:

My hot take, the PNW is better than non-PNW sections of the US because we didn't vote for Trump, thus proving our moral and intellectual superiority for all time fart

my district voted 89% for hillary! and only 52% for coal tax :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
why would i care about the Gap when LLBean has a presidential endorsement? sheesh

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

The Oldest Man posted:

The Republican sabotage campaign against ST3 continues and I loving hate these people more each day:
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/politics-government/article135838933.html

Reminder: if this actually gets turned into law, you'll be doing per-district (not per capita or anything like it) voting for non-partisan board members who cannot be elected officials and yet still are only granted a $10k stipend. Ensuring the board is dominated by rich fuckwads from Puyallup and their ilk.

republican senate, democratic house, right? doesn't seem likely that this'll pass muster there.

and isn't there a senate vacancy that could result in a tie that favors democrats after the special election this year? that's something to look forward to fighting for, at least

edit: guess not, bummer. i did learn we have a democrat that caucuses with the republicans, though. good poo poo :toughguy:

Venuz Patrol fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 3, 2017

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it is more appropriate for a police officer to take injury in the process of deescalating a situation than it is for one to commit murder in response to any potential threat. police should serve the public, not the other way around

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Jack2142 posted:

:jerkbag: Yeah because killing people is cool and good and I foresee no issues stemming from that.

not people. cops.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

500+ is still going to cover a fuckload of people and I feel like they are likely the worst abusers of it. Enforcement will probably be lacking.

you're wrong about that middle bit, there. the Small Business Owners that politicians love to fawn over are some of the worst scumbags on earth. they're all galt wannabes who think violating labor rights is the only way to get by in business.

think about uber for a second, and now imagine a CEO with travis kalanick's contempt for regulation combined with the bitterness of being unable to cop it on a national level, and you have the average small business owner

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i think if that negative seattle minimum wage study ever does make it through peer review it will serve as a good indicator that more needs to be done to help workers. abolishing the sales tax and taxing high income brackets to compensate would be a good start

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
we need rent control AND vacancy tax AND professional dick kickers on retainer to kick landlords in the dick on a daily basis

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
if i could buy an apartment that would be amazing. i have no reason to own something as large as a house and not nearly enough self loathing to own a microhouse

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Jenny Durkan is cruising to win the primary :sigh: Cary Moon is in 2nd, and Oliver is in a close 3rd. Late ballots could tip in Oliver's favor.

Not sure if Moon or Oliver has the firepower to beat Durkan.

i'll be happy to have an actual progressive with ideals i support on the ballot in november. electability is a fake idea

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

George posted:

Seattle is poo poo, move to Oregon instead.

ooh yeah lets all just pull up roots and move to the police brutality capitol of the world (seattle is also the police brutality capitol of the world)

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
governors in every state are anti-nazi right up until it would require them to make any change to a police department

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
at least the seattle times didnt pussyfoot around the fact that they shot and killed the guy

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

anthonypants posted:

Certainly not any of these "journalists" who feel the need need to keep doing biographies and interviews of avowed nazis.

i don't think an article like this serves as the kind of publicity nazis want. i do have a problem with the kind of journalism like what comes from the new york times that carefully avoids any sort of moral judgment. this one doesn't shy away from how awful, but also unbearably tedious modern nazis are, though

Solkanar512 posted:

Look man, if you honestly believe that racism is a unique problem within the tech industry that doesn't exist elsewhere then come out and say it.

you're the one who whined about the article being too mean to tech workers in the first place. when people roll their eyes at you, they're rolling their eyes at your immediate impulsive desire to defend a multibillion dollar industry

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
does washington's impending triumvirate government control actually make things like income tax possible, or will that still need ballot initiatives that will inevitably be torpedoed by outraged liberal tech startup employees

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

anthonypants posted:

#36 in crime what the hell

iirc liberal states usually have worse overall crime stats because they actually track sexual assault statistics instead of chalking all of them up to hysteria

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
left wing and right wing media gladly band together against bills that reduces their journalistic access, which that records law definitely will do if it passes inslee's desk

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Imagine murdering a sea lion and feeling all pumped up about your life choices.

Whoa. Just killed a sea lion and I feel great! I gotta do this more often!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Turtle Blogger posted:

Katie Herzog is right in saying he's not a pedophile. The proper label based on the ages I've seen mentioned is either ephebephile or hebephile.

:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
amazing that anybody continued talking to that guy after he made pedophile libertarian argument number one right off the bat