Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Is this indicative of Andretti reliability? Will My Alonso be at a higher than average risk of suffering mechanical failure when he wins the Indy 500 at the first attempt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Uh, how many wheel guns does IndyCar go through if they just throw them around like that?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

What did that electric PP means?

I think its when they're using their push-to-pass??

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

its like DRS or it gives more power to the car?

From what I understand it's DRS but you can use it whenever you want for a maximum of 200 seconds per race and instead of it being a rear wing flap it's just added boost.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

The cars are slower than f1 cars, right?

Yeah, the part behind the wheel are pretty slo---- did he just say Max Chilton? Lmao, MAX CHILTON?!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ok.

Is there a race on or did this just become the Alonso Interview Special?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
That old guy getting Alonso's signature on that R25/26 rear wing replica owns.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Do you think Alonso spoke with Sato at any point?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
So does IndyCar have a podium like a real racing series or is it like NASCAR where some dumb hick raises up a Subway footlong and praises the Under 6 grams of fat power of the cold cut combo on honey oat with spinach, tomatoes, onions, black olives and cucumbers with light mayo for powering his way to the win along with the quenching rehydrating power of Gatorade?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He should because Sato nearly won the 500 once

But has he ever forgiven him for 2007 Canada?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I didn't realize everyone was so protective of the ability to lift a huge lobster up when you win something vs. an actual trophy.

My apologies.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Are these commentators literally advocating for him to have stayed out and just gone into the run off when it did inevitably go? What?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Well, that was actually relatively fun to watch. I can't remember the last time I watched an IndyCar race from start to finish and I do watch more than just F1 but never gave IndyCar a second glance.

As long as you look past the American Exceptionalism which tries to shroud that this is a bunch of terrible and washed-up drivers in heavy ugly cars and seemingly implies this is some sort of top-tier series then, yeah, it's a lot of fun. I think I'll be watching the next race as well which hopefully will be more indicative of the coverage vs. an extended interview of Actually Good Racing Driver in the booth.

NBC's graphics are atrocious. Is there an alternative?

Also, I've only been just exposed to this man but gently caress Townsend Bell forever. What an atrocious person and I hate listening to him.

Thanks for having me, IndyCar thread.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
:confused:

It was actually fun to watch this Indy race and Barber looks like a really fun track. And, yeah, Lance Stroll is terrible along with a bunch of other drivers in F1. Not sure where I said Lance Stroll in particular was some sort of good driver but sorry if you guys misunderstood.

If you guys enjoy other forms of motorsport I heartily recommend the new generation of rally cars in WRC, along with WEC, GP2, MotoGP, Moto2 & 3 and Super GT.

Also, V8 Supercars in Australia is a great series, too. :)

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Alonso at Indy will generate some buzz and maybe some people will like the races and stay?

I mean, gently caress, I literally watched the Grand Prix of Alabama (lol) and enjoyed myself and that is a direct result of Alonso and he wasn't even racing in that one.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

I have a strong feeling Nando might say gently caress the cash and end up in indy if he enjoys the cars.

gently caress they would make a killing on merch from me alone.

Yeah, no. Relax. He might do the 500 a couple more times if he enjoys it enough but he's gonna be off to WEC after this and the 24 hours.

If anything he needs to end up in Super GT. Also, lol once again how global superstars are completely anonymous in the US every single time.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Why the gently caress would he go to Anime GT?

And the immense Samurai knowledge he possesses. How have you never noticed that he's actually a big Japanophile? Er, sorry, Nipponophile?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Buxton usually comes off as a pretentious rear end in a top hat but this was actually a pretty decent column from him.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

F1 is better than Indy and NASCAR.

This is the scene Die Hard with a Vengeance where Bruce Willis wears the sign in Harlem.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Where'd you find that Kimoa journal link? It's unlisted. I just don't wanna miss any I really liked that.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Thank god Emma is safe.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
How long does the Indy 500 usually go on for assuming no drastic race stoppages? 2 hours? 3?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Who is the lovely evil team that I should at no point ever support or hope for good things to happen? Who is the Red Bull of the Indy 500?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

CactusWeasle posted:

Wow Marty Smith found people as insufferable as him

What's her name? Lindsay Cz something? She definitely summed it up in that those people around him probably have no clue there's a race going on lol

Holy poo poo, that muscle bro. I'm surprised they didn't all just start chanting Trump.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Basticle posted:

I wonder how much they had to pay dennis leary to sound interested in these drivers

This is actually kinda funny, heh.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
This is.... so incredibly weird. Is this the supposed free country of America or North Korea?

Just loving start going in circles already for fucks sake.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

devmd01 posted:

I'm anti America rah rah whatever, but if you can't get a little gently caress yeah at a B52 flyover I don't know what to tell you

Yeah, just turn it into a proper airshow and that'd be kickin' rad.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The flag truck should be in the race.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I don't remember so many ads during the Alabama Grand Prix (lol). This is awful. I've watched more ads than laps. Please tell me the ads tone down later on?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

kidcoelacanth posted:

scott's had a hell of a back and forth week, huh?

Is this crash higher or lower than getting robbed at a Taco Bell in America at gunpoint?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

EvilHawk posted:

Unrelated to that mental crash but I'm watching a Canadian stream and uhh... it's wall to wall drink driving and hockey adverts.

The guys spelling their name and the horribly synthesized song about don't drink and drive and the other one about getting stoned and driving.... on a loop forever.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I will never post in this thread again if Alonso's engine doesn't blow :toxx:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

IOwnCalculus posted:

This a million times over.

Great race, rollercoaster as hell. My wife wanted to sell the Honda after Nando's popped, but I think now it needs a Sato sticker.

Your wife is still right. Sato won and that's loving awesome. But gently caress Honda forever. No credit to them, all credit to Andretti Racing and Sato.

Poor Alonso...

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

VikingSkull posted:

Hamilton had a blast when he swapped cars with Tony Stewart, I think he'd love it tbh

Hamilton specifically mentioned that he'd be interested in doing the Daytona 500 but that he really doesn't care for IndyCars at all.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

I was mildly curious what the people in this thread looked like and now I regret it thanks

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Flikken posted:

I mean hasn't the 500 been won by a foreign driver a bunch of times? What's the big deal, hasn't it been an international race for a while?

Meet my two friends.... Fat Man and Little Boy.

It took decades but the Japanese have finally gotten their revenge. :smugdon:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Good. gently caress Honda.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

rear end struggle posted:

Monaco is an ideologically incorrect race.

I think actually indycar is probably the most ideologically correct racing sport.
It's internationalist but doesn't have as much racism or church as NASCAR and also doesn't play to the parasite aristocracy like F1 does.

We can probably keep it around after the revolution.

:frog:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

Someone has to help fill out the field :shrug:

I have a hunch Jolyon Palmer is heading IndyCar way soon enough.

I'm mildly surprised Maldonado hasn't taken a punt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Mmmm, that's some fine grade sea salt.

• Locked thread