Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I was gonna say, being a poo poo rear end CG they can keep the name, save Smalls for a good ship lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I seem to recall on both my deployments we liked to shift clocks during the midwatch, usually 0200.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Somebody has gotta stay in the Navy.

It wasn't gonna be me; but god bless those maniacs who stay in past their first enlistment.

FTN

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

there's nothing wrong with doing a career in the service. it's just generally not advisable.

I'm just glad it's someone else not me

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Please tell us details of how the Navy screwed you, it provides us salty vets much entertainment.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Boilerplate. There are few things shittier than being enlisted in the shipyards.

CVN73 has has what like 8 suicides in the last 18 months? That's what five years in the yard will do.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

It's very rate dependent but yeah at sea time is usually way chiller than in port for ETs at least.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Imagine joining the Navy to try to escape Hampton Roads of all places.

I've honestly met more than one sailor who tried to do exactly that and failed.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

They are building LPDs in Pascagoula too!

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Flyinglemur posted:

When I was in deck department on my first ship, the Bos'n had an "onboard, on duty" policy which was fantastic for us boot camp scrubs that had nowhere else to go. And that man would work us until well after taps.

What a piece of poo poo that guy was

I got pretty angry just reading this post holy poo poo. FTN

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

It would be easier to list the spaces on the ship that I didn't try to nap in.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Elviscat posted:

I switched from Jameson to Evan Williams when I went past 750ml/day on my first boat.

Took longer than it should have to realize I felt lovely around lunch every day because I was sobering up.

I can smell this post

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Yeah pretty much most vets I know in real life are too busy shouting Go Brandon and chugging monsters.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Flyinglemur posted:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/n...dd5bc5f0e&ei=22

Forgot that it wouldn't put a preview up with the link. I'm so spoiled by the twitter posts.

CO of the Transition Service Center at Great Lakes got canned. How the gently caress do you take a cushy desk job like that and screw it so badly that oh wait, forgot what thread I was in. Keelhaul him.

look at that dude's picture, my :10bux: are on sexual assault or worse

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Saluting is dumb as gently caress and it's not even in the top 20 dumb things about being enlisted

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

tacopie posted:

Your AV looks like a dumb kid who forgot his cover on his way to the smokepit.

loving lol too accurate

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

US navy has been loving up pirates for many years now. If you gently caress with civilian shipping, you're gonna get hosed up.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Again, you're posting against a strawman who isn't here. No one here thinks Israel, or the US, is the good guys in any of this but that doesn't make random civilian attacks by the Houthies cool and good all of a sudden. If we (the global hegemons) allow civilian shipping to be held hostage by every rear end in a top hat with an anti ship missile then we're all going to have bigger problems very quickly.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

In my experience it's always the first week and the last month underway when people are the most likely to go crack-ping.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Every other Navy has better food than USN in my experience so far.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

#justcpothings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

No one (re)enlists in the Navy unless they have already failed a few tests in their life.