Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

A FLIPL isn't magic. If you had paperwork showing that your CIF gear was packed in HHG, and then paperwork showing your CIF gear was missing upon receipt, and a willingness to lie on paper about it all being gone because an extra ruck and some ammo pouches is that important to ya, then a commander can use that to justify writing things off because a paper trailer clearly establishes liability to the moving company.

If you're just some guy who never cleared, and then CIF says "hey i have a record that shows you signed for this" and you can't come back with a piece of paper proving you turned it in, you're gonna pay for it.

You are counting on organizations that failed bureaucratly on a proper clearing and ETS to do the IRS garnishment paperwork correctly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Midjack posted:

I expect taking money out of your pocket is the one thing that gets done properly.

I never turned in my gear, left most of it locked in a footlocker and locker in my armory. Have not heard a single word about it. This was 9 years ago, I simply ets'd.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

They flagged me for failing a record pt 6 hours after landing back in Bagram after being on R and R the previous like 20 days counting travel time.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

I’m not gonna do that. I’m fine. I’ll be into summadat grunt poo poo come spring.

loving LOL.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

A Bad Poster posted:

I'm really interested in seeing what will happen down here at Hunter Liggett if the government shuts down. 80% of the support staff here are civilians. All of range control is. Whoops cant actually do anything. Too bad.

Yeab but are they federal or state employees? Hunter Liggett is a guard base right?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

My first cell phone was in 2005 after basic. We all got loving Nextel because they were awesome and would do the dumb walkie talkie chirp chirp.

I got a Nextel phone in 04 because I hated Sprint..........

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Were you as pissed as I was when Sprint bought them?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Soulex posted:

I’ve taken a class on FBcB2.

I was pulled at the last two hours of class and was told I didn’t pass because my certificate has 36 hours on it because the test was worth 4 hours.

I also was reprimanded for putting up alerts for hostile camels constantly.

I didn’t remember a loving thing.

Edit: pulled for work. Not kicked out.

There was like 30 of us in that class with our commander and we kept setting off nuke alerts on our Commander's position and then someone drew a dick with Nuke alerts on the map. The instructor was not pleased.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

not caring here posted:

How long have you been out? They can reach out for you a long time after the fact.

Can they go 10 years? Asking for a friend.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Technically they can go after you at any time. The issue is they would 1) have to audit their system and 2) actually have put you into it or still have your paperwork. Considering I have SMIF paperwork leap into the nether realms moments after created I’d say you are ok. When I went green to gold my entire existence in the Army disappeared because they deleted it instead of transferring it to cadet command. I had to resubmit everything in order to re build it up. It took me like 2 years just to get my TIS correct because finance and admin people couldn’t agree if I had 4 years or 4 years and 1 month.

Yeah they were going through a change of command right as I was getting out and half of our poo poo hadn't even made it back from deployment yet. I figured they took what I left in my locker and pencil whipped the rest of it.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

yeah I feel like the rocket fuel residue in an at4 Army is bad for your health

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Naked Bear posted:

Holy gently caress

That was my basic training battalion :catstare:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

The following is now obsolete (unless your commander is dumb):

POV inspections.

MSAF 360

Transgender training: Declared complete across the army, don't have to do new sessions anymore.

Substance abuse training: No longer unit requirement, case by case only.

Now, to see how many scaredy cat commanders still require this stuff as CYA.

All of them.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

With most american states having no vehicle inspections of any kind, I was actually kind of okay with the POV inspection thing. South Carolina's roads are full of 2000 pounds rust missiles with no proper way to control or slow them down, and soldiers shouldn't be driving those.

State inspections don't really fix that.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Valtonen posted:

Yea 22 weeks of osut is retarded long time to learn how to properly half-right face. Especially since the reasoning is so retarded- If they want to extend the training So that soldiers are ready to instantly join a unit in deployment why train them the TRADOC stuff that no field unit ever does? ”Oh, tradoc and real Army Arent the same? Well lets extend tradoc”

I did 20 week OSUT in 2004 as a MP, what the gently caress is the difference?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

That was 14 years ago. The future is now, old man.

Fuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccckkkkkkkkk................

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Valtonen posted:

MPs do OSUT? Not BCT +AIT? Because there is a world of difference.

Yeppers.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

A little bit off the normal gently caress the army mode, but I just had two of my four man team ETS this week. They weren't always the most soldiery soldiers but they worked for me.

Honest question especially for people in the National Guard how did you let go of your old Joe's?

You look at yourself and wonder why you didn't make the smart choice

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

I have a few months left. Sorry it's not cool to care but I really do.

Sorry for making a joke, but people move on with their lives and the guard just isn't always conducive to what people want so wish them well. After getting out a decade ago I stay in touch with 2 guys I was I the guard with YMMV :shrug:

Also obligatory LOL if you are still in.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Mustang posted:

I lost you here

loving LOL

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

boop the snoot posted:

I stand by my statement that he is an elaborate troll.

Nah, he posts in CA about his motorcycle being in Italy. I think he is legit but has chugged the Kool Aid.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

SimonCat posted:

That's a Spec 5.

My uncle used to be a spec 5, worked in a shop that was run by a corporal until the Army eliminated that rank and made all of the spec 5s Sergeants and suddenly that corporal was out ranked by everyone that used to work for him. He apparently didn't take it well.

My uncle then went on to be a Warrant.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Naked Bear posted:

Holy poo poo, this is a thing.

:mcnally:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Mustang posted:

Of my year group in my BN I am the one guy that's for sure going to the career course, the rest of them are either getting out or heavily leaning towards getting out.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

Well, gently caress capitalism.

Shouldn't have left Finland.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

When's the last time you humped A.L.I.C.E.?!?!?!

2005ish I think?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

I was rocking my old ALICE pack, civilian sleeping bag, and a 90's single chin strap Kevlar. That poo poo felt so comfy since I have my pack dialed in.

Did they think you were a Desert Storm Cosplayer?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Summadat grunt poo poo

Life crippling injury?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

EBB posted:

Lastly, we all have tinnitus. ALL OF US. So sign on the line if you want to join the permanant EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE club.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

If your unit plans the “fun” day for the weekend instead of a day off of regular work, you’re in a bad unit, even by army standards.

Family Day during a guard drill was all the single soldiers hiding and waiting for word they could go so they could scatter before they got caught in a cleanup detail.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Mustang posted:

The day prior is another, different mandatory fun day scheduled on a post DONSA. So it's a 3 day weekend with 2 social events on 2 different days.

Gotta find some way to legitimately get out of both. Hmmmm, cousins wedding?

Too high and need to go to rehab

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

not caring here posted:

If they gave me a statement of charges I'd call the MPs to report a theft. Prime suspects being the people who gave me the statement of charges because they saw it, knew whose it was, and knew that it went missing.

You can waste me time but I'm gonna waste yours.

No MPs to call at most armories, state police on the other hand....

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

McNally posted:

Supply will have them ready for him in threesix months probably.

If he stays on supply's rear end.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

ASUs are cool because they are for honoring loving the Confederates up. Also they look nice for fancy purposes, but suck for office wear.

Yeah but Pinks and Greens honor loving Nazis up.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

This is why veterans who cut all ties do so great in civilian life.

Says the guy who served in two different countries' armed forces.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

For a bit I was genuinely curious how I managed to gently caress up and bookmark the Marine thread.

This makes much more sense.

Enjoy the sloppy seconds debbildawgs.

You don't lurk all of the service threads?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

You seem lost.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

Aight bois, wish me luck, I did BAR; fought to get cleared, poo poo's all done. I jump tomorrow morning to the dolomites. poo poo is gonna rock.

Didn't you have a severe back injury recently?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

what are you, some kinda force recon dicksuck?

Nah he's an army medic that is currently lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Where else are dumb boots going to get their loving mustangs fixed?

You know they don't have the money to actually fix them,