Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Justin Tyme posted:

What the gently caress kinda unit would send dudes out on patrol with CROWS and MRAPs with those little screens and thermals scopes and NODs but not issue laser aiming devices? That's like, supply completely forgetting to order MREs or not having any batteries for any of the radios.

Did they at least give you tracers to kentucky windage your shots in? :v: In our unit, not having NODs/lasers was like not being issued a weapon.

prolly gave them all to cooks, clerks and mechanics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

not that you would want to but you can reenlist into the irr with no mando drills.

vains
May 26, 2004

Mustang posted:

Probably possible during gunnery but I doubt I'll have the time to during PLT and CO force on force/live fire.

Can definitely do some squats, overhead presses and curls with a tow bar though. Most annoying thing would be strapping it back onto the stryker and doing the loop things so it looks all neat and squared away because this is the Army and if it's not all dress right dress I should go kill myself

you could probably buy some trx straps and bring a kettlebell. i didnt really like trx straps but there are plenty of super jacked dudes on instagram that like them.

vains
May 26, 2004

Mustang posted:

I don't understand the point of strykers. You can fart in the wrong direction in these things and they'll be deadlined.

Doesn't help that an SBCT has the maintenance support of a IBCT while it needs support more like an ABCT.

I want to trade in my strykers for humvees.

lavs built in the 80s run forever so its weird that strykers built in the 00s are crap. is there not a mechanic in the platoon?

vains
May 26, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

whats up with cav deciding that the coolest part of their history was carrying genocide on american indians :confused:

what is the coolest part of their heritage then

vains
May 26, 2004

Soulex posted:

Oh yeah. I loving HATED them. Especially them being like "oh poo poo, we forgot to account for you food wise" and I went down to an MRE a day for a week.

war is hell

vains
May 26, 2004

Soulex posted:

At least your unit brought a Public Affairs section.

why do you think this is important? like when has someone said, 'if not for the PAO, the battle would surely have been lost. thank god he logged in and updated the unit facebook' in combat or training?

vains
May 26, 2004

milk milk lemonade posted:

Soulex was public affairs and has an unhealthy fixation on their POGy activities

Personally I think the Army should outsource everything that isn't combat arms. Discuss.

i know that. i find it amusing that he thinks anyone else gives a poo poo what the pao/his staff of pogs does or did. like someone is going to write an award '...and he valiantly issued a boilerplate press release in the finest traditions of the united states armed services. he missed his lunch for his country.'

i think the army should probably take a top to bottom look at the organization and start eliminating billets/tasks.

vains
May 26, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

It's almost like the Army just doesn't shoot dudes 24-7 and actually is like an organization that does a wholesome service maintaining PR, recruitment, peacekeeping, local relations, civilian education, etc etc and all kinds of poo poo where it matters how you make it look, and maybe there should be a dude out there ensuring, that the pics get taken, stories written, and such.

no loving way really? maybe some of those functions aren't important and maintaining them actually degrades the entire organization????

milk milk lemonade posted:

It's almost like who cares bring back the 20 11 series MOS's and kick the loving horse food makers out

Would be a lot easier to get poo poo done if the organization were full of killers and not a huge beuracratic POG swamp full of fatties

weird attempt at straw manning me here lol

vains
May 26, 2004

xsf421 posted:

Amazon web services is essentially a completely different company from amazon the website that sells things. I've heard great things about AWS, but nothing but terrible about amazon itself.

a friend of mine worked for amazon managing a dc. he said the pay(salary + bonus + stock) were good, the hours atrocious, and the pressure to perform was very high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

Grem posted:

One time my SNCO told me to write a page 11 for a black kid wearing a Tupac shirt. I asked if I was to write up a white dude wearing a Travis Tritt shirt and got yelled at, then my own page 11.

gently caress the last year of my time in the Corps, seriously.

on the other hand, you were a pig on quantico or something. king buddy fucker