Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Every day I am grateful I'm not in the Army anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

YOO. HOO.

Really not all that different from current enlisted wives.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

It's like a trashy enlisted wife and car combined

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

He should have picked a round with a higher ballistic coefficient
:accountantsay:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I would have been an even bigger piece of poo poo had I not joined. At least this way I got out in the world, got my degree paid for and saved a lot of money via contracting afterwards. Had I gone straight to college after high school, I'd have not known what I wanted and just been a waste of time and money.

I am also very thankful that no one that I knew got injured or killed on deployment. My battalion only had one KIA and he was in another company.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Mike-o posted:

accountabilibuddy

Every time I read over this word, it comes out in Ned Flanders' voice.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

gently caress you suck my dick I'm ouuuuuuuuuuutttttttttt

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

TheAlphaChaser posted:

One of my happiest moments in the Army was some butter bar stopping me while I was driving out of the parking lot during PT hours. I was with my platoon sergeant and we had just zonked our platoon (with my commander's permission) because we were the only unit who finished some dumb maintenance tasks on time. This loving dork had the audacity to walk in front of my car and hold his arm out like a crossing guard then walk around to the driver's side. He asked for my unit info and name, and after going back and forth a few times my overtired brain just snapped and I yelled "suck my dick human being" and sped off while my PSG was cracking up in the passenger seat welp that's my PT story thanks.

:patriot:

I mean that with zero sarcasm.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I can just imagine a nervous private whipping this out and stammering like Kif from Futurama and the woman getting the lady equivalent of going instantly flaccid.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

"Do you know how to conjugate?"

"Heavens, I've never even kissed a girl!"

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I was opfor for a little over a year there. Pretty scenery, but I wouldn't want to go back and visit. Very much the epitome of a one Walmart town.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

It's basically this:

Except with PT, hiking, shooting, or anything else the Army tried to ruin.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I went to JRTC in a SBCT.

This was in 2005 though. Things change apparently.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

milk milk lemonade posted:

You know what doesn't change? How motherfucking gay the Army is

So true, so true.

Side note every time I say/remember something from the Army and then afterwards realize how long ago it was, it feels something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVLukeA8EdM

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

That is one fabulous cock.

And I say that as someone with 27 chickens.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah but you can't get away with beating children as easily.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

I like working with 6 year olds because I've been in the Army 21 years and it's nice to have an intelligent conversation for once.

:vince:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

So did I, but at least in my platoon that was the exception rather than the rule.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Mustang posted:

Interesting, considering some training guidance we were given. Not sure why "commando's" is in the title though haha.

What's the weird triangular nods mount that one dude has? I've seen the black, tan and grey pvs-14 mounts and the 2 models PSQ-20 mounts but never seen the triangular mount for 14's.

It's the private with the skedco on the facebook post.

I can't make it out from the graininess of the pics, but there are more than a few triangular mounts out there.

https://tnvc.com/shop/category/shrouds/

I have the Norotos universal mount on one of my spare MICH helmets and it's nice and stable, doesn't wobble back and forth like the USGI one. My Ops-Core helmet has a triangle mount as well, and that doesn't wobble either.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I don't know what this is from, but it makes me laugh because it reminds me of grunt banter.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

:mediocre:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

the F stands for Forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhSW9vDTRyY

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBuvRk1thQ

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Someone more eloquent than me needs to rephrase that into a diatribe about pointless guard posts and ejaculating all over the walls of porta shitters in 125 degree heat.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Why couldn't it be the other kind of mermaid, with the fish part on top and the woman part on the bottom?!

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

psydude posted:

I don't understand the purpose of Florida.

It's America's prolapsed anus, hanging out there and full of dying, rotting things that should be all rights be excreted into the ocean.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

redneck nazgul posted:

*father issues :eng101:

:golfclap:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

My Aussie is a critical part of Task Force Trash Panda. He is a good boy. He protects the chickens and runs around outside all day.

edit:

The Rat fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 7, 2018

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

A response: http://havokjournal.com/culture/military/joyride-how-one-lieutenant-just-became-the-militarys-most-unlikely-folk-hero/

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

the Army shields me from the otherwise terrible parts of american society.

Hahahaha wow

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

If being out of the Army were a viscous liquid, I'd put a plastic sheet over the bed, spray it all over and then just roll around in it because it feels so good

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

A Bad Poster posted:

Well I have good news. I'm out of the army as of yesterday afternoon, and am currently hundreds of miles away from the morons I used to work with/for. I'm going to be in Yellowstone tomorrow and I can't tell what I'm going to be enjoying more, that, or NOT BEING IN THE ARMY.

If you have time, swing up to Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park in Montana, it's a few hours from Yellowstone and pretty cool.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

When I was 18, in high school, 2003, and about to ship for basic in a few months, I was seriously worried that the war would be over before I could deploy and get some.

In retrospect, this is so beyond laughable.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Who claims Caro though?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

My first thought there was the World Eaters legion's elite ship combat (boarding and defense from boarding) unit rather than the Roman unit type that they got the name from.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Shut down to what extent? What brought that about?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Naked Bear posted:

Reading this and really glad that I'm out.

Saaaaaaaame. You just know all the hard chargers are going to make this an injury circus.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Naked Bear posted:

Say what you will about Strykers, but they are great for sleeping in. Four people can comfortably stretch out inside and those heaters can absolutely cook.

Truth. It was even better when you ripped the back seat out of some local cars you had to search and strapped it to the bench seats for extra padding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Haha. Why don't you just get out instead.