Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

EBB posted:

build more factory

defeat industrial inefficiency by sheer increase in carbon footprint

the gamer green new deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Play The Division 2

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

EBB posted:

Is it still the bullet sponge is was in the alpha?

It's always going to be a bullet sponge until you each endgame and can really spec out otherwise you'd simple waltz through it in a few hours

It is definitely a mobile game though. The AI is constantly trying you flush you so no more sitting back with a sniper and playing peek-a-boo.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
D1 you could easily sit back with a sniper but and mow the mooks down but this time the AI will actively attempt to flush you out with rushing NPCs and grenades.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
All these babies that got no idea how to railgun people with lovely ping

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

bengy81 posted:

Yo, Division 2 is really good anybody playing it?

Yes, it's rad

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
City of Heroes. It was just announced that not only has there been a private server going all along, but everyone's character data also survived.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://youtu.be/zkgwmPUak70

God bless these creatures, I hope they inherit the earth

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Ultrawides loving own, I use one as my second monitor since I'm scuffed and only have a 27" 144hz for games

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Holy poo poo

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I’m sure I’m going to regret asking this, but what was the context for this one again?

Regina Kay Walters.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
It's the Demon Core

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
woe betide any nerd dumb enough to spend money on Fallout 76

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

I was trying to figure out what the current player count looks like, found the FO76 subreddit flipping its poo poo instead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/

Here's a neat stat.

474 people are currently watching people play FO76 on Twitch.tv. This puts it behind Russian Fishing 4(514 viewers) and head of Farming Simulator 2019(358)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Blizzard is reaaaaally out of ideas which is why relaunching WoW 15 years later was the best thing they could do

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
lmao they finally launched it despite saying it would be available immediately after the E3 annoucement, 6 months ago.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

we ran cat 5 cable out of the back of the ambulance and stopped every 10
feet to tamp it down

labeled it HALO WIRE and no one touched it

thats awesome

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

pressing X so loving hard to sell out the Lamb of God

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
This is what you get for playing Fallout 76

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/Fujyno/status/1238155063283142656?s=20

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
well yeah '6G' indicates 6 gigs of memory so it wouldn't have 8.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

And that's the beauty of it. Even the order confirmation says 8GB of DDR6, so I'm getting a graphics card that I probably will be perfectly happy with, and still have carte-blanche to return it whenever-the-gently caress for the full purchase price because of a gently caress-up.

/edit: out of pure curiosity: the clock speed still determines the overall performance for games that don't max out RAM, or has that changed as well?
I've completely moonwalked out of following the technological development of PC hardware in the last decade, but if RAM is now a deciding factor in addition to clock speed, I might grab a higher-end model at the end of the year

yeah depending on the game you can hit one or both bottlenecks. can't do anything for running out of video RAM, but you can overclock your card and get a bit more oomph out of it. best of all, its very simple and you can't actually damage your card doing it, you're just adding the risk of or actual instability into it. see MSI Afterburner for details!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
we're pretty late in the current nVidia GPU lifecycles, new 3xxx series will probably be dropping towards the end of the year. RTX is cool the but current gen has never been a great price/performance prospect. if you need a card NOW and cost is an issue, the 1660ti is pretty awesome.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

OC is still a thing in 2020?

I mean I know you can do it safely and reliably I just thought we moved past all that

I mean, its free performance just left on the table. We do not know why a chip failed validation at certain speeds/voltages. Whatever failure it experienced might never even be encountered. Is it gamebreaking gains like back in Ye Old Days? No, but that extra 3-4% could be the difference between hitting your framerate cap or not.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I mean, would probably be win-wins all around and really smart business moves.

Especially Animal Crossing

need to get people's money while they still have it

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Really enjoying Modern Warfare. First CoD I've enjoyed since... Modern Warfare

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i just wanna play mw1

on shipment

with 64 players

noob tube, smoke grenades, martyrdom

and not care at all

Killhouse with 64 and an RPK hell yeah

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
muffed a grenade throw, bounced right back at me, tried to run, but some guy grabbed me to execute me... and the grenade killed us both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I enjoyed watching people play it and reading the lore