Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Q3A has been free forever and UT is only ten bucks on Steam, and I have no idea why they aren't in our Discord rotation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

shame on an IGA posted:

just lol if you think strong opinions about 20 year old PC shooters are less important than elections or bbq (vinegar supremacy, bitch)

:staredog:

MODS?!?!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

EBB posted:

Q3A has been free forever and UT is only ten bucks on Steam, and I have no idea why they aren't in our Discord rotation

We tried UT, it was really hard to play with the ping

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
Tribes>Quake>UT.

Love all 3 of them though.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

subterfudge posted:

Tribes>Quake>UT.

Love all 3 of them though.

I do too but I consider Tribes more like TF or CS because it’s team based.

Also both of the first two tribes are free so that might be a fun addition to the rotation. Less emphasis on ping if you’re flying for those on the far side of the world.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I do too but I consider Tribes more like TF or CS because it’s team based.

Also both of the first two tribes are free so that might be a fun addition to the rotation. Less emphasis on ping if you’re flying for those on the far side of the world.

Enemy Territory.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

All that effort to link a highlight real and you didn't even link one of the better ones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJtY5Df9a8&t=10s

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

EBB posted:

I set up the UT thing for a bit but TF was the only one who would play that instead of goldeneye, and like he said he had issues due to ping.

I tried goldeneye but I don't have the nostalgia factor for it (I was nes and SNES then pc, never had an n64).

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Me and the wifey still play Quake3 together, but KSP and Battletech have consumed any game time I have.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/jayperior/status/1119690179072028672?s=19

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm playing Divinity Original Sin 2 again. First time picking it up since release. Playing on the hardest difficulty and holy loving balls is it hard. I'm still in Fort Joy after 8 hours, having burned almost an hour per major encounter so far. Running two mages (Earth/Fire, Water/Air) a warrior and a ranger.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Vasudus posted:

I'm playing Divinity Original Sin 2 again. First time picking it up since release. Playing on the hardest difficulty and holy loving balls is it hard. I'm still in Fort Joy after 8 hours, having burned almost an hour per major encounter so far. Running two mages (Earth/Fire, Water/Air) a warrior and a ranger.

I keep playing and loving Divinity then never finishing the game or even getting to the middle of the game.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Yo, Division 2 is really good anybody playing it?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

psydude posted:

Enemy Territory.

I’m a Covert Ops!
I’m a Covert Ops!
I’m an Engineer!
I’m an Engineer!
I’m an Engineer!

Ad nauseam or at least until the end of the LAN party.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the virgin/chad smash level is not only visually impressive but also plays well

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Fallom posted:

How's Anno 1800? Is it a return to form?

Yo I didn't see a response to this: 1800 is good as hell. Return to form but the addition of having to staff your various industries, for such a simple change, adds a bunch of complexity.

Game is real fuckin' pretty too.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

psydude posted:

Enemy Territory.

ET was well after those. Splash Damage was started from the European modders who made Q3As Team Fortress mod in 2000-01. They didn’t make ET until 2003.

It’s Tribes/Quake TF < Action Quake 2/ UT Weapons Factory < TFC < a million gldsrc mods <<< a million Q3A mods <<< ET in lineage

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

bengy81 posted:

Yo, Division 2 is really good anybody playing it?

Yes, it's rad

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/lions_by/status/1119718085743616000?s=21

Woops wrong gip thread. Oh well.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I’m a Covert Ops!
I’m a Covert Ops!
I’m an Engineer!
I’m an Engineer!
I’m an Engineer!

Ad nauseam or at least until the end of the LAN party.

Let's all spam mortars on the next objective.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
My dad called, he’s replaying RDR2 and he’s very mad that he can’t just shoot the dude who gives you TB.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Got an email from Microsoft saying that I had $20 in my account that was about to expire. No idea where it came from, but it brought the Gold Edition of Assassin's Creed Odyssey down to $13. Well worth it since it comes with the remaster of AC3, and I haven't played that one either.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Supercuts of the MK11 story mode are starting to drop on Youtube, ranging from 3-4 hours depending on if they include the actual fights or not.

I watched it and my inner 12 year old is very, very entertained. :hawaaaafap:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

The Rat posted:

Supercuts of the MK11 story mode are starting to drop on Youtube, ranging from 3-4 hours depending on if they include the actual fights or not.

I watched it and my inner 12 year old is very, very entertained. :hawaaaafap:

I haven't seen any but I did see that the "gamers" are filling their diapers over Jax's ending.

apparently he goes back in time and ends slavery

Just lol at you if that upsets you somehow.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I wonder what diagnosis leads to doing 100% speedruns of BotW

this is not the act of a well person

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Handsome Ralph posted:

I haven't seen any but I did see that the "gamers" are filling their diapers over Jax's ending.

Dope!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Handsome Ralph posted:

That sounds like gamers

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I went looking for Doom Eternal release date info on the doom Reddit. Man within like 3 comments, a thread became a shitfest about why Wolfenstein is being unfair to nazis.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yes if anything Nazis deserve fair representation :rolleyes:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gently caress all nazis forever

bj is too good to them

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

bj is too good to them

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

bj is too good to them

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Irene Engel was a good warm up

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

orange juche posted:

Yes if anything Nazis deserve fair representation :rolleyes:

but they got fair representation

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

but they got fair representation

hell yeah they did

what do these Nazi apologists want? for BJ to engage in a debate with the biggest bunch of poo poo cunts in the 20th century?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

but he does engage in a debate, it's just that his guns do the talking

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

but he does engage in a debate, it's just that his guns do the talking

hell yeah he does.

probs the best way to debate nazis imo.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
The opening statement is the hatchet, additional points are delivered via firearms. Ideally a matched pair named Civility and Decorum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Jesus loving christ is Divinity: Original Sin 2 hard on the highest setting. But in a good way, like XCOM or something.

And much like XCOM, every time an encounter pops it's at least three or four audible 'oh gently caress's as it reveals what the stats are for the monsters.