Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I played some Quake II today, turns out it's still a good game.

Kind of makes me want to rent a server for Quake III and get a big ol goon game going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I'm glad I'm not the only one not way into Mario kart. I have to play it with the kids, because they love it, but I die a little inside everytime I get hit by a blue shell.
Double dash was real good on the cube, last good handheld one was Mario Kart DS,
Sonic team racing has been ok with the kids. It's not nearly as good as transformed, but we are all digging it so far.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Dude McAwesome posted:

how the gently caress do you counter a blue shell?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I never actually played double cash, don’t @ me. But lol when the DS mario kart is better than the wii version. Def my fav one having not played DD

Sonic Team Racing is cool, this is a new one? Why didn’t they just port the good one everyone loved

Its the one that came out in late may or early july. It's perfectly adequate, it's no Mario kart killer, but it's fun with the kids. Not sure if it's worth purchasing to play solo or not, but probably worth a night from Redbox at least. The theme song is :krad:

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I started playing BF4 again, goddammit I didn't need this in my life.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

That community is somehow less toxic than the Siege community as a whole.

I haven't played Siege, but everybody in BF4 is super chill still. Like for a 5 year old game you would think they would all be bitter assholes, but nope, everybody is cool unless you are a real obvious troll.

What's Siege comparable too? Like R6: Vegas 2 was my poo poo once upon a time, is it close to that gameplay wise?

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I like reading the updates, I wish I could get into anything as much as you dudes get into your games.
Spicy hot take: I think the Switch is held back by how garbage the joycons are. I think they are mushy and uncomfortable for playing anything more than 10 minutes at a time. I like the pro controller, but that doesnt do me any good in handheld mode.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
RE: R6 Siege
I see its on sale on the Uplay store, Do I "need" any of the operators that come with the other editions of the game? I don't mind burning money if there is fun to be had, but if they don't add anything significant I'll stick with the base game.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

colachute posted:

If you’re into the gadgets that you can use with other operators, yeah you should probably spend a bit more.

If you’re just running and gunning you can get away without a bunch of operators, though loadouts are different for every operator, but you should be able to find something that suits a running and gunning play style.

Otherwise you can unlock them as you play, it just takes forrrrreeevvvveeeerrrrrrrr for some of them.

Meh, I might wait until this weekend then, since its F2 play for the holiday, see if I even like it before I buy.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
R6: Siege report:
I've only hosed with a few of the tutorials, but I suspect that this game is more complicated than I want it to be and I don't think I have time for that bullshit in my life. Gonna gently caress with it some more this weekend, but I'm not sold on it yet. 15 year old me would have loved this though.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Godholio posted:

Same. Even 4.

Yo, reinstall it. There are still a handful of really good servers running and they are mostly pretty chill. The map rotation can be a little rough, but its still a pretty good time.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
UGG is so good. Gamve of the year every year.

I hope it gets DLC that adds an entire goose family or a hiss/nip button.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

It really needs this

Only two things in the world make me reverse course: rattlesnakes and hissing geese.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I really wish I knew what half these memes were from.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Vas, do you have any thoughts on the PoE announcements today? I havent had a chance to check anything out myself...

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Oh man, I had so much fun with the Korg DS-10, lots of time wasted on deployment making lovely techno. Definitely gonna buy that.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

That’s why I’d always restart my Civ II games on the PSX. Late game took forever so I’d just kill everyone before we got there.

I would go home on my lunch break from school to do turns, so I could do like 3 a day! Took me like a month to do the end game of ine match and I'm pretty sure I left my psx running 24/7.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Ive been really digging new CoD. BLOPS never really hit for me, so I appreciate what they are doing with this one. I wish there was a lobby browser, or that the filters were better, I dont mind infected, but it sucks on night maps same with gun game.

Unlock the M4 and melt faces.

Battlefield 4 is still active, and oddly enough super chill. Just dont get too picky about game modes and you will be fine.
I've heard battlefront II is good, but I havent personally played it. Also if you are on PS4, Titanfall 2 has a playerbase again.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I've been splitting my time between CoD: MW and Dirt Rally 2.0.
Really like the new CoD, I wish they would give a few more filter options or have dedicated servers or something.

Dirt Rally has been fun, wish it had a tutorial though, I haven't played a serious racing sim since GT2, and there is a whole lot online about how to actually play the game.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I’m not playing another Dirt game until they add the in-game rewind feature again. I get the stakes are much higher & realistic, but when you gently caress up your perfect run right at the end, ugh

Did they add that feature back yet

I don't know, there is literally no tutorial or even a video running down the features, or tips or anything.
I guess they just kind of assume you know how to play this sort of game.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
CoD battle Royale is real good. For that matter the CoD is currently really good. I don't remember liking one this much since like BLOPS 1 or something.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I spent the last two and a half hours playing warzone with my best buddy while drinking beer and laughing my rear end off.

We spent the majority of our time rebelling against our appointed - and extremely confused - team leader, parachuting to our deaths intentionally, dominating gulag fights, and spray painting our team leader to look like a neon Christmas tree.

I've learned that BR games ultimately aren't for me as long as I'm playing them sober and approaching them with a sense of competitive logic.

I've been playing solo squads mostly, solo queue isn't very much fun IMO. If you haven't tried it yet, check out plunder, it's like the super chill, no stakes BR mode.

I might hop into Discord later to try to queue up with goons.

In regular CoD news: Cranked is really good y'all. I really like that they keep adding new modes, still wish it had dedicated servers, but I'll take what I can get.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I do this too, if I don't want to wear a headset and hear idiots.

I've been playing Risk most of the day on xbone. I'm surprised anyone else was playing online.

Not sure if it is on Xbone, but Small World 2 is a fantastic Risk style board game, and it only takes 20 minutes to play.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
The Crazy Taxi idle game was really good too. Like way better than a mobile idle game has any right to be.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Internet is more or less garbage, so I had to give up on CoD, so I've finally started dumping time into Dark Souls 3. Jesus Christ this game is good. I've never really had any luck getting into a Souls game. Too bad I decided 4 years after it came out. Seems like lots of people still doing PVP though, so that's cool.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
In case you nerds care, Humble is doing a pretty awesome Sierra classics bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/sierra-the-3rd

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Naked Bear posted:

I think it's safe to say that Super Mega Baseball 3 is the only baseball game I've ever actually enjoyed playing, and it's because of moments like this:

https://i.imgur.com/1n5CTlS.gifv

Just bought and I'm waiting for it to finish downloading, all because of your gif.
My favorite baseball game of all time was MLB Power Pros, god I miss that series so much.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

My dude, I totally forgot about that one.
I really like the SNK arcade Baseball game too.

RE: Super Mega Baseball
Holy poo poo the team names and logos are great. Having a hard time deciding between the Moose and the Jacks right now.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I HAVE A STARTING PITCHER NAMED DONK OH!!!

GOTY 2020

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I'll eventually buy a PS5, I have a nice gaming PC, but my kids have been using it a lot for Roblox, so I've been spending more time with my PS4.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I'm literally going to throw 600 bucks down the drain for Horizon 2 and nothing else. And I don't even care.

Demon Souls, Gran Turismo and Horizon for me.
Although I'm not sure I can pay 600 for a console, I barely play my PS4 and there are some fantastic games on it.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

ElMaligno posted:

i have been playing the Dark Souls III Cinders mods and it makes miracles/sorceries/pyromancies build actually cool and good. I'm running a Dual Miracles/Sorceries build fast roll guy that uses a spear that can cast either.

Its fun but it makes the game too easy.

I'm working thru DSR and DSII at the moment, and when I'm done I'm gonna try cinders out. I like III a lot, but It's way to stressful to pick up and play on work nights.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

you try sins of the first scholar yet? its my personal top souls

Yeah I've got that going on my PC, I like it a lot, but I'm not super deep in yet, but I'm digging it so far.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I haven't played ME1 in like a decade, but I remember there were a few builds that just completely broke the game.
I don't think I want to go back to it for fear of ruining my memories of it, but man the citadel was a cool place to go through.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
D3 was disappointing at launch, but after they fixed it, (RIP RMAH) it turned into my personal favorite ARPG. I want to like POE, but it has way too many systems to keep track of, so I get super stoked for a new patch and then fall off like 4 hours in every time.
Haven't heard much about Torchlight 3, hoping it's good, I'll probably check it out after I'm done with Spelunky 2.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

For someone who doesn't have Reaper of Souls, which changes made that happen?

Off the top of my head, Ross added a new class and a new chapter.
Revamped the loot system so that you more or less get showered in green drops while playing post game.
Leveling is much faster. You can power level a character in an hour or two.
Added adventure mode, so you don't have to constantly run the campaign.
Added rifts, which are randomized dungeons with adjustable difficulty.
Rebalanced sets, and added a few more for each class.
Seasons, usually have some gimmick and reward for meeting achievements and milestones. Meant to encourage you to play with different builds.

I'm sure I'm missing other things too.

I might have convinced myself to start a new season character.

Edit: new ways to craft, and you can augment items with the cube!

bengy81 fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 20, 2020

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ive been looking at the ps5 just because i want a system to play my ps4 games on that doesnt sound like a 747

The disc drive in my PS4 died like two months ago, so I would really like to get my hands on a PS5 and it really looks like that's not gonna happen until after the holidays, which is bumming me out way more than it should.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Picked up Death Stranding, you guys did a good job selling it. It should be a nice break from Hades, finally starting to get burnt out on it.
Speaking of, you all should be playing Hades if you aren't. If I played more than two games that came out last year, it would be my GOTY. It is also the horniest game I've played since MGS V.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I'm in episode 2, I would be farther along, but I keep doing more things in Hades. Game is loving weird, soundtrack rules. Seriously, it's a joy every time a song comes on while you're running around. BTs are very unsettling, I'm hoping they end up like the fire guys in MGSV where they are more of a nuisance than poo poo that's gonna give me nightmares.
I wish I would have bought the game at launch...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

My recent game purchase was Snowrunner. It allows a ton more customization and variety than it's predecessors Mudrunner and Spintires. I've got about 90 hours in it over the last month and without a lot of interest in sim games prior to this.

Man, I keep forgetting about that game, I might have to pick it up next time Epic gives a $10 off coupon. I love janky car games, I got my brother into My Summer Car, it's funny listen to him bitch about it, he won't stop playing though.