Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Sennheiser PC 350 got in 2010

Was gonna give this away locally but figured I’d see if anyone here needed a PC gaming headset. I definitely got my mileage out of it. Ear cups are pretty much brand new, I replaced them right before I stopped using them. Foam part in headband is exposed and the covering is all flaked off. It has a separate plug for mic. Definitely needs powerful drivers

Just give me your address and promise you’ll put them to use and they’re yours. I gotcha postage, it’s not gonna be packaged fancy

also actually post here

My kiddo needs a new headset in a bad way so he can poo poo talk to his Uncle while playing Overwatch. I'd kick you some cash for shipping if you'd ship to an FPO address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

There is a new fighting game coming out at the end of January that looks pretty cool. I don't know anything about Dragonball but the Dragonball Fighterz gameplay looks fast as gently caress.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Yeah Stardew Valley is a love letter to the original Harvest Moon and the work of one really dedicated dev who spent many years on it. Remember when Minecraft first came out back in 2009? Stardew Valley was in alpha at the same time. Dude just wouldn't release it until he was finished.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

When did Galactic Civilizations II come out? That was one of my favorite 4X games of all time.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Gal Civ 2 came out way before 2009. Sins of a Solar Empire, co-developed by Stardock, came out in 2008.
Everything else Stardock has made or published after 2009 has been either re-releases of existing Stardock games
(cough SINS cough) or badly insert-adjective games at best.

Like Elemental: War of Magic which came out in 2010.
At launch it resembled a uglier minecraft with worse-character models, and no those weren't placeholder graphics, that was the game at maxed out graphics settings.
The dialogue seemed like it was translated from the original english into japanese then russian then into welsch then back into english by a drunken gaelic is my 1st language septic technican.
The actual gameplay in Elemental: War of Magic, welp, it kept the trend of being really bad. So bad everyone who pre-ordered Elemental got free license keys to the followup game, which also sucked real bad. Source for this info: I was one of the morons who pre-ordered Elemental: War of Magic, which cured me of pre-ordering games until Witcher 3 was announced.

Yeah I was a sucker too because Stardock did such a great job with the Galactic Civ games. I thought they were going to do a fantasy version of the previous games and instead it was a weird mix of Heroes of Might and Magic and Dominions that didn't work and was unfun and unstable. I forgot about how much that game sucked. I also never bought Gal Civ III because it's reviews were bad and I had other games to play.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

boop the snoot posted:

I got Dark Souls down to just over two hours and beat it like 10 times.

Probably one of my top 5 video games ever.

I fuckin suck at Bloodborne though.

Bloodborne was much easier for me because you can regain health by doing damage to enemies.

My son was like 7 or 8 when Dark Souls came out and he actually beat the game before I did.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Why, what a fine name for my new horse, first try on the random name generator, I think I'll take it.

Also, this game is so goddamn :3:

I am good at farming. I am not good at the relationship thing but it doesn't really matter anyway so I am still really happy with how the game came out.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

It does. You can reset the predictive typing suggestions under options from the main menu.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Mustang posted:

Bought a Switch for the new Zelda. God drat is this a good game, crazy how huge it is

The new Mario is pretty loving fantastic too.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Because back when Dark Souls came out console games were shifting to being easier so a broader range of players could complete them. Dark Souls was a refinement of the formula Demon's Souls first implemented which was basically "gently caress You Get Good" .

That resonated with the core video game playing demographic and it became a well regarded series.

Everyone excited about the remaster are looking forward to invading unsuspecting players and leaving malicious hints around that will inevitably lead to player deaths and rage.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Yeah EU4 is the best title of the current gen Paradox stuff. Usually you can get the DLC on sale and get almost everything for less than the cost of a new title. I love playing as minor nations and trying to do completely ahistorical things. My last game had Ethiopia take over all of eastern Africa and convert almost everyone to Christianity. I may have save scummed a couple of times in the early game but it still felt really satisfying.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the new dragonball fighting game is fun as heck

It is very good. I don't know poo poo about the show but the fat pink guy is really fun. I like how even scrub tier players can do cool moves and smash people real good.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

played a bunch more dbzf

it's so loving nice compared to playing sfv

the inputs are so simple, the characters play differently (even the 3 gokus and 2 vegetas.) and they're all fun and awesome to play

android 16 is the ultimate best character though

Fat pink guy and Android 18 and her hubby are my go to crew. Can't wait to get home and mash some buttons.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I don't know anything about Dragonball and I like fighting games but am terrible at them. This new Dragonball Fighterz game is super cool even if I don't know anything about the characters. It's really fast and you can mash buttons and make it through the campaign. Did you ever play Ryu in Street Fighter? Learn how to throw fireballs? Can you do a quarter circle to the rear as well? Congrats you know enough to use many of the moves in the game. Everything else you pick up on the fly.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

mods change my name posted:

I remember when anime was ban worthy in gip

Now it's just emoticons :nallears:

Spoken like someone who sucks at fighting games.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

mods change my name posted:

Whatever i will fite u and mash buttons

The good thing is that fights only last a couple of minutes so your frustration won't last too long. The shame you will feel from losing will be much harder to make go away though.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I loved my Dreamcast and played the hell out of it. It was the first new console I bought after I'd moved out on my own and the only source of internet connectivity I had. Unfortunately I also had a bootleg loader disc and could get any of the games for five bucks down at the local barber shop.

I tried to do the right thing and buy the official releases. But young and broke made it easy for me to make excuses about :filez:.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

getting Dreamcast that x-mas eve when they were all sold out is one of my most cherished childhood moments. Those were some good days there playing Powerstone and Sonic. Do y'all remember that x-mas rush? It was insane

I was pissed I never got to dabble online. Really wanted to play Phantasy Star. I spent more hours than I care to share trying to connect via those free internet services (net zero I think?)

I played Phantasy Star Online a poo poo ton. We figured out how to dupe stuff and I was space rich from selling end game weapons to people. Game was a ton of fun coop and it even had friends lists and stuff which was new for consoles back then.

I also had Seaman which was a weird pet with an Asian face that I never really figured out. He mostly just kind of sat around and looked like a frog or something.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I had a bunch of terrible Sega CD games like jurrasic park and the sewer rat one where you had to shoot things on the screen and remember the directions or you died.

Then again the Sega CD version of Ecco the Dolphin was one of my favorite games growing up. So it wasn't all bad.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Publishers see how much $$$ paradox makes from the DLC for Crusader Kings 2 & EU4, and just forget to actually um have a workable game when they try to emulate paradox's DLC strategy.

Strike Chaos Overlords from my possible future playlist, I just remembered I own Challenge of the 5 realms, and that game is wicked.
Gamers with completionist autism should not play challenge of the 5 realms, it will break you.

The amount of DLC that Paradox puts out is out of control but you can catch most of the stuff on sale if you aren't in a rush to get the latest release AND most of the non cosmetic stuff does add a ton of new content and options to lengthen the playtime of their titles. They also never tried charging wargame money for their stuff like all of the Matrix Games crap that used to get shoveled out at $80 a pop. Additionally, they include a lot of the quality of life improvements to the base game patch that everyone gets without buying the DLC. Finally, you know that Paradox is going to keep supporting their titles for many years after release so there will always be patches and updates to fix anything gamebreaking that someone finds.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i logged on to sfv to do the weekly challenge to get part 3 of the viewtiful joe costume and it felt like poo poo

marvel was already dropped from Evo this year, jfc what a turd.

in dbzf developments my new purpose in life is to do the lvl 3 suicide super with android 16 every single match

also the tien level 3 where choutsou kills himself for you

gd i love this game

I finished my fight stick build with the Brook Universal PCB and Art Hong's acrylic case kit. I had a white plate for the stick but I stripped a screw trying to get the metal plate off and couldn't remove it. I also replaced the stock spring with a 2lbs spring since I am kind of heavy handed.

I finished the first story arc in DBZF thinking it'd unlock Android 21. Do I have to do the other two before she's playable?

Hekk fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 8, 2018

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Does anything require a 1080 these days? I'm running everything at max with a 970

If you run 1440p or 4k you most definitely need a more powerful card. 1080p works great with a 970 though.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Vasudus posted:

Welp, I'm on the list for a 1080ti now. Hopefully I can get one before the heat death of the universe.

This PC is almost 6 years old, with the exception of the video card, which is 3 years old. I run a single 24" monitor that is 1920x1200 that I've had since 2006. It's time.

Yeah my rig is 2 years old now and I am running one 1080p monitor and one 1440p monitor with an MSI Radeon R9 390. Both my wife and son are on 1070s and I am a little jealous of their extra GPU power but no jealous enough to spend any real money on trying to get another card.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MATZR7LGECQ

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Jesus Christ that's insane. I spent 1500 on my entire setup including 1440p monitor.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Found on reddit (I know I know)

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh poo poo puyo puyo tetris is coming on steam

I have it on Switch. It's hard as gently caress if you are color blind.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I think I am burning out a little bit on DBFZ. I am going to try to take a day or two to rest. I am at that point where I am good enough to beat the the story mode but not good enough to beat Arcade hard mode. So I do casual matches and a lot of training. I managed to win a few casual matches but get my rear end destroyed more often than not. I am sitting on like 25 hours playtime right now but most of that has been in the last week. It's a fantastic game but I need to pick a team and start to get good or I feel like I am not going to progress any further.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I thought everything was official until I saw the Stalin portrait. It went downhill from there.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I've played a couple of games 50 years or so but always seem to get outpaced and outgunned by the AI as soon as I meet them. A lot of times they butt right up against where I need to expand and I wind up underpowered in my inevitable war against them. If I try to go the opposite direction the space monsters loving wreck anything I can send that way so I wind up with three or four systems I can mine resources from and I lag behind everyone else.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Capn Beeb posted:

:same:

Sure wish I could get into Bloodborne, at least far enough I can level up and become somewhat big and strong instead of just dying on the loving werewolf bridge as one of them smashes me against the wall and the second careens from off camera and finishes me off :argh:

Half of the Dark Souls and Bloodborne games is knowing when to run away. Those werewolves can be avoided pretty easily if you just run past them.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Capn Beeb posted:

Wouldn't that be running smack into the bridge boss though? :ohdear:

It's been forever since I've played but you can literally run right past the werewolves and into the sewers or into the building with the old guy in a wheelchair with the shotgun. You don't have to kill them if they give you trouble.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Dude McAwesome posted:

How many war crimes have you committed friend? I think that’s what these gentlemen are asking. If the answer is greater than zero, welcome!

I thought the newest GIP rules stated it was a two war crime minimum to post in the games thread. One will get you in the door but you've got to wait until you get a chance to do it again to hang with the cool kids.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is hearts of iron 4 worth getting

Not really. I probably own every Paradox strategy game and HOI4 is the least played of them. I understand the appeal of huge tech trees and running all of these "what if" scenarios. What if Mexico turned fascist and invaded the US in the late 1930s? What if the UK turned communist and helped the Soviet Union conquer Europe? But the tech trees are overly complex and most of the military units are overpriced and under performing. This will lead to you getting stomped by the AI until you go to the message boards and learn the "correct" three units to make for max damage output and after you learn the formula you will never make anything else.

Is it the WWII theme that interests you or the grand strategy? Europa Universalis is a lot of fun and inxludes simplified combat rules that aren't completely broken.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Vasudus posted:

I've had incredibly disappointing times with AAA games in the last 4-5 years, to the point where I largely don't buy them anymore as a rule. I bought FC5 thinking how in the world could they screw up an open world shootmans and welp. So while the idea of Destiny is tempting, I'm not about to break my #1 rule - NO MMOs.

I am like the exact opposite I guess because my most memorable video game playing time has been with MMOs. My wife, my son, and I all played Everquest 2 together for several years. We started a guild and made friends with other nerds whom we've met up with in person and kept in touch with even though it's been like 6 or 7 years since we played EQ2 together.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

A Bad Poster posted:

Alright, I'm staring down the barrel of two months of convalescent leave, during which I won't really be able to walk, so I need some game recommendations. I've got a PS4, Xbox One and a decent gaming laptop so I'm open to anything. I hear Battletech is where it's at right now, but I've also got The Witcher 3 with all the DLC which I haven't really played at all, along with a ton on other stuff. Not really into stuff that's too difficult, just something kind of easy to zone out and play. Was thinking of restarting a town in Stardew Valley.

Stardew Valley is what I played after my surgery. I didn't do any pain medication so I needed something that wasn't too involved because the first week or so was pretty rough pain wise. Also Rimworld is easy to fall into if you want a light Dwarf Fortress-esque game to mess around with.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Playing Hyrule Warriors again but this time on my Switch. I know I should dislike the shallow repetitive gameplay but I don't. I have lots of fun killing thousands of super weak enemies with my overpowered combos over and over again.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I haven't played the remaster but I imagine some of the luster has worn off from multiplayer because everyone knows what to expect from invasions now. There is no more element of surprise or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I am probably going to buy this and play Pokemon with my wife because she likes it and doesn't play a ton of videogames.

Also I've been playing through the Megaman games on the Switch and have found they hold up way better than I thought they would. I remember buying Megaman 2 at a yard sale for 4 dollars back in the early 90s and managed to play through most of the NES ones. I never followed the series after it's jump to the SNES but the old school games were super fun and still manage to be.