Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Too bad Mortal Kombat gameplay is weird and all herky jerky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Steezo posted:

Somebody saw Big Trouble in Little China and wanted to make the a fighting game.

I am glad Mortal Kombat is a thing that exists, I just think it’s a game that caters to a different audience than the traditional fight game fan.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That's actually the plan for now. They've already announced it will be on PS5 and the new Xbones.

So the Skyrim plan then?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

So the new XBox came out today. I thought about buying one just because I hate money and Microsoft doing cross platform stuff is kind of cool. Looks like there aren't any in stock anywhere. I guess I should follow this stuff more closely but life gets in the way and all.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah it seems like the options in general were, no name things, console ones, or stuff you use to self certify yourself for an A-10.

Awesome (it has pretty much every feature I wanted) and even more so that it's Microcenter. I live like 20 minutes away from one. Thanks!

That is easily the best flight stick in the category. I have had one for a decade or so and it works fantastic.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

A Bad Poster posted:

Also if you like to play games on easy mode, Stardew has an absurdly easy item dupe glitch that works on every release.

Yeah but why cheat in a game you can't lose at? Even I don't feel the need to try to optimize runs because it doesn't matter. Just plant some cool poo poo and smack monsters in the mines.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

No, its pretty much Calvinball.

I have like 6 or 7 hours in but I can’t ever sneak past the rainy ghosts things and keep getting drug down to hell. All I wanna do is ride my motorcycle around and leave ropes all over the place.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Time Crisis Actor posted:

I still can’t get an RTX 3080 :sigh:

I got an RTX 3080 by buying a 2100 dollar “prebuilt” pc on Newegg. It’s all off the shelf poo poo sold at small markup from retail. I spent 3 months scouring the internet and discord servers trying to snag an individual card and got sick of dealing with it. Twenty one hundred bucks for an I9 with 16 gigs of ddr4 ram and a 1tb ssd and a 3080 wasn’t the worst purchase I’ve ever made. I will probably upgrade to 32 gigs of ram but with video card markups the way they’ve been it was the easiest way to get 90 percent of what I want.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Don’t even bother trying to follow whatever batshit crazy story they pulled out of their asses either. Just kill tons of poo poo and skip the cut scenes. Makes the game infinitely more enjoyable. Adventure mode is also a blast once you get through the main campaign.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I played everything right up until Half Life 2. After that they started to lose me. I recognized Mirrors Edge and Portal.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

US Berder Patrol posted:

I've never played any of this series, but was looking at them. Which games are recommended?

Start with Yakuza 0. It’s on PS4 and PC, is relatively recent, and pretty cheap to pick up. If you get through it and find your appetite for Japanese Crime Drama/beat em up/holy poo poo this is a lot of mini games is still high, then it’s worth digging into the earlier titles.

All of them are pretty good though. Just be aware that Like a Dragon is a departure from the series formula in that it’s turn based because the main character is obsessed with being a hero like in the Dragon Quest RPGs.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Off roading across Iraq during the invasion ruined any hope that’d I’d ever purposely try to drive on lovely roads and trails for kicks.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

US Berder Patrol posted:

I got Yakuza 0 and have been having a lot of fun beating up drunks with trashcans thanks everybody

Give it a couple of hours and you’ll be smashing heads into urinals and dodging samurai sword attacks.

Also the best thing about Yakuza is no matter how batshit insane the story line gets, the main character tries to play it completely straight. The juxtaposition adds a ton of comedy to the games because it’s like everyone should know this is just too over the top to be real.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nick Soapdish posted:

That's already been done with WWII Online and nobody played it.

I used to play all the time back in the early 2000s. There remains a hard cap on how many players can be drawn at any given time. So when you’d get into big battles, it was entirely possible to die from a person or vehicle that would never render on your screen.

Also it was 1/3 scale map of Europe and completely devoid of anything interesting outside of towns.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

https://youtu.be/lW5Dxizy4ZE

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

shame on an IGA posted:

differential updates are too hard for modern devs so they just repackage the entire game every time they change anything

Works on my machine :shrug:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

ded posted:

Was on a squad last night were the 2 guys manning an AT gun took out a tiger, pz4, and another tank in about 2 minutes while we were capping the last point.

This is Hell Let Loose?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

TheWeedNumber posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is the second time you've been probated for using gay as a slur. Figure it the gently caress out or go somewhere else with that poo poo because it won't be tolerated here.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I have one. They don't all come in that awful colour, and there are actual bumpers as well as the black/white buttons. It's the best controller ever.

Some real hot takes in the Gaming thread today.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Lol

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Yeah I messed around with it for an hour last night and had a surprisingly good time. That attack decay from mashing buttons is kind of bullshit but I guess I just need to work on mixing up attacks.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hekk and i rollin loud to paste the walls with 12 year old tryhards online

Lol I did just win a few matches. I need to figure out whether I am spending money on this game. It plays pretty smoothly and the simple controls are fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hekk will back me on this, i just blast through the anime talking and work on making my dudes do 16 quintillion damage per hit while bribing the in-game senate to allow me to cheat

Yeah I am absolutely not a big anime guy at all but underneath an extremely anime layer is the best tactical rpg since Final Fantasy Tactics. There are just so many ways you can customize your team and the entire point of the series is finding ways to try to break the game.

Power level your low level characters, reincarnate high level ones for stat buffs, grind through levels of enemies to buff item stats. There are like two dozen ways you can do things to make numbers bigger and they are all pretty satisfying. I probably put 200 hours in Disgaea 5. Just b button through all the dialog. It doesn’t matter anyway. The story is just the beginning for that game.