Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BarbarianElephant posted:

I'd guess that African-Americans don't like camping because heading out into the middle of nowhere where the folks are very white and very odd and very armed might be a little scary.

It's scary for everyone. Something I learned when I was having a party at my cabin in the woods and the morning after some of the hungover people from that party opened the door and was greeted by two guys with shotguns who politely asked if they could borrow our trap so they could go skeet shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sandpuppy posted:

The again, I also enjoy political cartoons.

Nobody who posts in this thread enjoys political cartoons.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

The hell artifact in the basement did you disturb to get "polite rednecks"?

Maybe the photo of my grandfather sitting next to literally hundreds of dead squirrels?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MikeyTsi posted:

Political Cartoons 2017: Everything looks like dicks.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The invention of the ascot?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

It's another Assay moment. There are buzzwords that will offend dying boomers (hairless male chests, "queer-eye masculinity", a dude in a dress, women wearing whatever they want :freep:), but to sane, well adjusted humans, it's just "Yeah, attractive people having a :krad: party. What's your point?".

I was going to include some piping hot take about how the generation who got criticized for wearing long hair and bell-bottoms is now getting mad about gauzy skirts and waxed chests, but they were probably the assholes screaming "Better dead than red!" during Vietnam protests and cheering for the cops during the 1968 DNC.

When you start to interpret "women at Coachella wears three variants of these garments" as "women wearing whatever they want :freep:)" you need to take a breather from reading this thread.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Unfortunately he's right:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Burn the au pair program to the loving ground and salt the earth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Au_pair#Norway

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So they are just going to ignore that a nazi punched a woman during the demonstration?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I didn't realize slow cookers was such a controversial topic.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

KillerJunglist posted:

gently caress fish.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

Garrison has had a big think about things.

Again, a woman was literally punched in the face by a nazi at Berkeley.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Actual nazis keep showing up and defending Trump, so the right has to kick projection into high gear.

Actual nazis keep showing up at Berkeley.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

Studying Vikings at the moment and I am starting to think that a good portion of libertarians need to be dumped off in England at the height of viking raids to see just how fun it is to live in a society where they are not protected by the governments they so despise.

Vikings were actually statist, their version of government, the Thing, made laws and even decided who was to be king. Here we have one norseman, Ţorgnýr the Lawspeaker, engaging in political debate:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

tyblazitar posted:

It's to highlight the fact that Tinsley's disgusting views are placed together with the inoffensive comic strips for children in newspapers.

I will never understand why it's so important to keep the newspaper strips "inoffensive":

Translation:
International women's day? Why isn't there an international men's day?

You're right! Why am I holding this stupid sign? Let's make a day for the world's men instead!
But why stop there? Lets's make hospital for the healthy, soup kitchen for the filled and shelters for the millionaires!
Here take my clothes! It looks like you're not freezing!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

Before the 12th century, "she" wasn't a word and women had to use "heo," a generic plural pronoun that could be used by men as well. Ye Fowl Herald probably got his feathers in a ruffle over that one. Broads, amiright.

Gender neutral pronouns does exists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hen_(pronoun)
Although I've heard that it has caused some confusion with people who's primary language is english (I've heard about a group of foreign exchange students who, when they heard about it, though that Scandinavia had kindergartens and schools for chickens).

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

e: another, (2013)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

When I was growing up, one of my favorite moments of the day came when my father got home from work because he'd have the daily paper, from which I was allowed to cut out Calvin and Hobbes once the adults were done reading it. :corsair:

But how did your fragile, childish mind cope with those pages that dared to be political?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lodin posted:

Don't post loving Zelda. At this point that strip is as bad as Nemi.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ToxicFrog posted:

I would rather read a hundred of those back to back than a single Branco. Keep 'em coming.

Translation;
Why are girls so mean to each other?
Really, Zelda?That old cliche? Who is systematically oppressing women? It sure as hell isn't "mean girls"!
That's precisely the aggressive "us against them" rhetoric that keeps scaring people away from feminism!
So we should close our eyes for the facts? We all know which gender that rules the world!
Revolution!
Hello, there's more than two genders! You all need to analyze this!
Your rear end needs analyzing!
Uhuhuhu, do you have to be so angry?

Oh god, just let me sleep...

Samurai Sanders posted:

I guess it's the artist of that comic above (which I rather like) but I dunno if I have seen her work before today. I guess she writes other comics that are awful or something?
Zelda is the name of the character (named after Zelda Fitzgerald), the artist is Lina Neidestam:

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 30, 2017

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I say we keep posting these, they're good and it's nice to have something to wash your eyes out with after looking at a Branco.

Italian researchers says that the vaginal g-spot does not exist.
Good! Then we can put the myth that dull penetration sex is enough to induce fountain orgasms to rest!
But the g-spot is more sensitive and I do come with dull penetration sex....
That the clitoris nerves. The g-spot is a myth!
Santa Claus, the Loch Ness beast, Atlantis and now the g-spot...There's no mystery left in the world.

You who are feminist, could you explain why..
Nope! I have no interest in educating you. If you're interested in feminism google it.
But stop being so aggressive, you have to debate this!
Okay, then I demand to know what you think of Russia's pipelines in the Baltic Sea! Now!
Welfare? Surrogacy? Euthanasia? Taxes? The growing middleclass in China? Oil reserves in the Arctic? Refugees? Obamacare? MIley Cyrus? Debate it!
Come back! You owe me arguments you've been practiced for ten years so I can brush them off with stupid idiotic answers I just thought off!

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Apr 30, 2017

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MokBa posted:

I love these comics.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kinda NWS I guess? http://imgur.com/9bzgt4q

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Crazycryodude posted:

Ok I'm hooked, Zelda is officially good. Keep posting them, it's nice to have a break from :tinsley: and friends.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Crazycryodude posted:

The more I see, the more convinced I become that Zelda is my spirit animal.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Begemot posted:

These Zelda comics are fantastic, please keep posting them.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 10:47 on May 1, 2017

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

UberJew posted:

i really want to ask the artist if they're ok

these are more frustrated and angry than all the crosshatches in the world

Two things:
I don't see why it's wrong to feel angry and frustrated, especially with how hosed the political climate is these days. And its not like she is writing an autobiography.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Introducing the characters in Zelda:

Zelda's long suffering dad:

Zelda's gay friends, Tove and Kim:

Zelda's friend, Nova, which she treats like poo poo most of the time:

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jun 13, 2017

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred