Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

seiferguy posted:

In case anyone cares, conservatives are real mad that liberal women aren't dating them:

https://twitter.com/FDRLST/status/910173482394226688

Why Won't People Who Hate My Opinions Date Me aside, I'm sure a person's views on abortion are completely irrelevant when you're looking for someone to possibly have sex with and be able to talk to afterward, how could that possibly ever be an issue

Angepain fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Avirosb posted:

Why would a conservative want to date a liberal anyway?

They assume it'll be a traditional old fashioned relationship where the husband decides how both of them are going to vote

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

I mean, I don't blame you. He's only recently started actually doing more than "Woe everything is bad."

So what's the betting on how long it takes for him to go back to that, I'm saying a week tops

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I know he's a madman and all but calling someone a politoon is going too far.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

:golfclap:

does the original actually contain "SJW" because I'm still not sure how I feel about that phrase being printed in actual papers in the real world

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

BarbarianElephant posted:

Old lady has a mild illnes therefore she is decrepit and dying and hopeless. Clinton or May?

at least with May it's just being used as a metaphor for her dying political career, unlike garrison's clinton conspiracy where the point was literally how ill she supposedly was

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Is he implying that William Wallace isn't real?

well, the one in the movie wasn't

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I'm mostly concerned about that disembodied head Meryl Streep is holding

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

crazy loony liberals want us to believe in female eagles. was this kind of madness the world that the Founding Fathers envisaged

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Despera posted:

Think about how boring uk cartoons would be if may was some normal looking dude.

David Cameron was a somewhat normal looking dude by tory politician standards and that didn't stop steve bell drawing him as a talking condom

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

What's even going on in the bottom right there. Just a weird rock?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

But then where are all your comics on O'Reilly and Ailes :thunk:

Think you'll find they've done plenty of cartoons about how things are bad and people are bad and bad things are bad. If they went into specifics ever they'd have no time for the complex plot and character development.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

which one's Trump? which one represents the Democrats? goddammit I need labels, people

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

MelvinBison posted:

I never realized it was there, but why does the pickle have a face?

Veggie Tales was an alt-right sleeper cell this whole time

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

He probably said something not 100% positive about trump once, that's what being left wing is right?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

I’ve been out of the loop; did donny embarrass himself in China?

The sheer optimism in you asking "did he" rather than "how did he this time" is downright inspiring

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

Fighting bigotry, hate, intolerance, and fascism? The Gaystopo sound like an alright bunch.

And I had no idea World War I was a trans-pride thing.

No, it's "World War T". Like World War Z except Brad Pitt is running from hordes of trans people desperate to change all the cis people's genders. I'd watch it.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

now I've never been to a Ruby Tuesday's, let alone the one at Vine and Sherwood, but this guy definitely speaks for me. drat kids with their music.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

I'm choosing to believe it was a deliberate choice to call the gender ambiguity chicken Ken the Hen. Who doesn't put references to recently invented swedish pronouns in their comics? Nobody.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

gowb posted:

are you kidding? Is this a bit?

It wasn't until reading this page of cartoons that I even heard the news about Charlie Rose. It can be hard to keep up with the parade of sex offenders at the moment. Granted I'm not American so I barely knew who the guy was in the first place.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Starshark posted:

Think about your international audience, Ramierez!

god, please no. Ramirez's hot takes on politics that only affect me indirectly are bad enough.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I haven't been following closely but I really do think that's the case. Neither side wants to actually be the ones to pull the trigger, so they're going to hem and haw and jawbone each other until it's been so long that they can hold another non-binding referendum which would produce a "Stay" vote.

You can tell this isn't actually the answer because it involves hope for the future, and we're talking about the UK here.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Okay Bob, let's go over this again. As advertised by who, exactly?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Duke Igthorn posted:

And did he just use "anti fascist" as an insult? Why yes: I am against fascism. Sorry that offends you?

No no not anti-facist, "antifa", a secret highly-organised SJW terrorist cell named after a strange meaningless word of unclear origin - presumably derived from some kind of acronym, or maybe something in Arabic, it's a mystery.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Having Theresa loving May be a better example of strong and brave leadership is probably the biggest insult imaginable.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

There is no way an anti-feminist dudebro of that caliber would ever actually shut up or become less obnoxious after getting sick-burned, Ms. Neidestam. My immersion in your world of snappy feminist owns is ruined.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I'm going to save all the curious pedants out there a few seconds googling: chameleons do in fact have literal backbones. As for metaphorical backbones I haven't found any literature on the subject.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Triskelli posted:

”...but the future refused to change.” :smith:

I mean yes, the planet is probably going to still be here after the year's out, I'll give you that much

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Not entirely sure about those axes there. Would like to see this guy's original data and the details of the complex statistical analysis I assume he made to produce this.

Putin's birthday is in October though so that seems to work out at least.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Normally I would think a cartoon celebrating the passports being a different colour while showing the opponents of Brexit as crying little children could only be sarcastic, but this is the loving Telegraph and it's British politics in 2017 so all bets are off.

Neodoomium posted:

I really, really love whoever keeps drawing Theresa May as a melting ghost.

Martin Rowson, and yes, it's very fitting and much better than Steve Bell's weird creepy clown thing that stopped being relevant over a year back.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Wait, why’s Jesus handing some guy a dead bird?

Mallard has sacrificed himself for the greater good. The strip ends tomorrow. All is right with the world.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Hihohe posted:

British comics have me convinced that island resides in the Warp where beings of raw emotion roil and convulse while saying "oval office"

How dare you accuse we Brits of having emotions, I'll have you know we have those beaten out of us at an early age as is good and proper.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Oh god it's time for ten billion baby-in-a-top-hat cartoons oh god

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Grimdude posted:

Yeah yeah, frivolous sexual harassment claims are SUCH a problem :jerkbag:

Also 2017 has definitely assaulted all of us in multiple ways, there is no way the allegations aren't true

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

He's not even pretending not to just be redpanels under a different name anymore, is he

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

Redpanels guy: Wait nevermind white supremacy is bad now just so I can compare this to that as a gotcha

I don't know if there's a name for that argument that goes "You mock me for believing X, but actually it's equivalent to Y which you do believe, also Y is wrong but X isn't somehow" but it seems to be a widespread internet favourite

• Locked thread