Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

What a thoughtful cartoon that I'm sure had a lot of reflection and contemplation put into it to perfectly sculpt its message to these trying times.

Oh hold on, I'm getting an email from an alternate, better, timeline:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

What a thoughtful cartoon that I'm sure had a lot of reflection and contemplation put into it to perfectly sculpt its message to these trying times.

Oh hold on, I'm getting an email from an alternate, better, timeline:

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Literally my little brother

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
See the problem is one of phrasing, it seems like a "gotcha" question so you just give the answer that more closely matches your views. I know Russia didn't literally "hack the vote" but if you asked me a question like this, one that doesn't include context or what I believe to be the correct answer, I'm going to pick the answer that more closely matches my beliefs. There is no room for "No, but..." so, gently caress it: yes.

Potato Salad posted:

Pseudoliberal aging white male hipster Bernouts wealthy enough to own a bigass TV and cable (holy poo poo the first panel) think:
--identity politics constitutes a major problem as opposed to something to advance
-- it's totally a case of overblown "political correctness" that ails the USA, not literal neo-nazism and self-identifying white nationalists
-- it's the liberal elites, not the president elect that is installing the richest administration comprised of ex-lobbyists, bankers, and party family dons any democratic nation has ever on this Earth seen, that don't care about the working class.

I get where there's points to be made where the Dem candidate was a pistol shot in the party's own foot but and that discussion has been done and re-done and re-done here and elsewhere to death, but Lord Jesus this is AGC :suicide:

edit: sp

I shared this comic with brother mine:

"blow it out your rear end. Have you been to any political group meetings since the election? The left is in big big danger, and if they don't accept reality we're screwed. But they're all delusional, holding onto identity politics. Do me a favor and name one conservative author/thinker that you respect. We won't beat this new form of cultural nationalism unless we understand the other side because obviously screaming that they're racist misogynist pigs doesn't work anymore.
Tulsi Gabbard should run in 2020
Also watch Adam Curtis
And that comic is funny how it's punchline is basically "look fox news! Remember to keep being a partisan hack!"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...m=.162c13ace30e "

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
THAT'S all I'm saying

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
*gabble gabble gabble Obama bad Obama bad gabble gabble gabble*

"Yeah but Chicago people die!!"

*GABBLE GABBLE GABBLE CHICAGO PEOPLE DIE CHICAGO PEOPLE DIE GABBLE GABBLE GABBLE*

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Why aren't people jumping on board with the scatterbrained Republican?!

Heh. Heh heh heh. Ha. Haha ha ha!

quote:

Seven years ago President Obama came to this northern Indiana city, where unemployment was heading past 20 percent, for his first trip as president. Ed Neufeldt, the jobless man picked to introduce him, afterward donned three green rubber bracelets, each to be removed in turn as joblessness fell to 5 percent in the county, the state and the nation.
It took years — in 2012, Mr. Neufeldt lamented to a local reporter that he might wear his wristbands “to my casket” — but by last year they had all come off. Elkhart’s unemployment rate, at 3.8 percent, is among the country’s lowest, so low that employers here in the self-described R.V. capital of the world are advertising elsewhere for workers, offering sign-up bonuses, even hiring from a local homeless shelter.

Yet where is Mr. Neufeldt leaning in this presidential election year? He may keep a photograph of himself and Mr. Obama on a desk at the medical office he cleans nightly, but he is considering Donald J. Trump.
“I like the way he just won’t take nothing off of nobody,” Mr. Neufeldt said, though days later he allowed: “He scares me sometimes.”

Now, Mr. Donnelly noted, Chrysler plants employ more than 5,000 people to the south in Kokomo, up from 100 at their nadir, and 7,000 statewide. Yet autoworkers are more apt to complain about the president’s gun proposals than to acknowledge the auto turnaround.

While Indiana’s presidential primaries are relatively late in the race — May 3 — and polls are lacking, Mr. Howey predicted that Mr. Trump would do well.
Now, with unemployment so low, local leaders say the challenge is finding workers who can pass employers’ drug tests.

“Everybody is back to work,” Mr. Neufeldt said recently, driving past once-closed plants lining county roads, their lots full of employees’ vehicles and, in many, newly manufactured R.V.s.
HA!HAHAHAHAHA!

quote:

Clinton 31%
Trump 63%

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Few people here are thanking him for their recovery, despite benefits from the administration’s $800 billion stimulus package — Mr. Obama came here in August 2009 to personally announce one grant — and from the rescues of the auto and financial industries.

“He gets very, very little credit, and I think that’s too bad because we got quite a bit of help,” said Dick Moore, Elkhart’s mayor the past eight years, a Democrat who lost election to a third term in November. “I don’t know what we would have done without it."

quote:

“He didn’t help us here, but he took credit for what happened,” Chris Corbin, 47, who works for a dispatch company in Elkhart, told me. Corbin thinks it will be Trump who improves the economy. “It’s going to take two terms, but he’ll fix things,” he said.
Trump will "fix" your record low unemployment and and record breaking economic boom? That's...good?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Xander77 posted:

Well, if your lifelong ambition was to actually blow someone's mind by posting a link, consider it achieved.

Racism aside, what the gently caress else do these assholes want?

quote:

Andi Ermes, 39, offered a number of reasons for disliking Obama. She said Obama didn’t attend the Army-Navy football game, even though other presidents had. Obama has actually attended more Army-Navy games than George H.W. Bush. She said that he had taken too many vacations. He has taken fewer vacation days than George W. Bush. She also said that he refused to wear a flag pin on his lapel. While it is true that Obama did not wear a flag on his lapel at points during the 2007 campaign, it was back on his suit by 2008. Ermes told me the news sources she consumes most are Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and a local conservative radio show hosted by Casey Hendrickson.
They were TOLD to hate Obama and, by gum, they are going to hate Obama. All they want is to be told what to do and what to think 24/7.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I have no loving clue why the site let the results stand unless they have some weird delusions that the controversy will drive drive in the long term.

Fake edit: I love that Milo got triggered by being called "alt-right" but also irritated the site caved and removed it from the article.

"Haha look at those stupid fags that want to 'identify' as something else! Stop calling me names jerks! THAT'S not how I identify!!"~QILTBAG of the year Milo

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

What basis would they ban him on? If making ridiculous lies and insulting people was against the rules then half of Twitter would be banned.
because it's a private company that has no obligation to be "fair" to any and all random racist clown sticks that happen to own fingers and/or assistants with fingers?

Of course Twitter can't figure out how to monetize something that now takes up 90% of the world's word cloud so I'm not counting on them being bright enough to know that.

BigglesSWE posted:

They should ban Trump on Inauguration Day, preferably early, so he'd be steaming at the ceremony and his speech will be a whole pile of incomprehensible yelling. You know, more than the usual amount.

Yes.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

He said Meryl Streep was overrated. I'm fairly certain that should automatically get you the death penalty.

Donald only has three insults: overrated, failing, ugly/fat, all insults that have been leveled at him that he took very personal and, as a narcissist and an idiot, thinks are just as devastating to others as they are to him.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

So Sideshow Bob was right in a completely literal sense when he said some people want to be ruled like a king?

Oh, but I guess he said "deep down" not so clearly on the surface like we saw in the election.

Trump voters absolutely do. Obama would have been better off just going full Socialized medicine, it was all the options and thought that had to go into finding insurance that riled these idiots up. Just stand up there and say "I'm taking your money to pay your doctors. Done."

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

This needs more love

Too easy

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 13, 2017

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I'm loving glad SOMEONE loving said it! Now those CLOWNS in Congress that so want to repeal the ACA get to go back to their tax payer supported healthcare. gently caress. gently caress it, blow the whole thing up and throw all of them off the teat for gently caress's sake, loving fascist hypocrite fucks. gently caress this is going to be a long forever.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sandpuppy posted:

Yeah, it's a human interest story from outside the U.S. I'd say that alone makes it a less than 1% chance Ramirez knows about it.

Oh no Obama isn't respected by ANY of our closest allies!! What a loser!!

Sandpuppy posted:

The party that never ventures from Fox News cracking about "safe spaces" will never not be hilarious.
Front and center is a black bald man obviously meant to represent Congressman John Lewis, noted child and safe space needing baby who did such childish antics as setting out to draw attention to his people's struggle by purposely putting himself in situations that would, and DID, lead to him being beaten by mobs and beaten THEN arrested by the state. Dozens of times. Over and over. For years. He still has scars today. Maybe some day he'll be as courageous and heroic as Cartoonist Glenn McCoy who writes for Disney Magazine!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Beeg posted:

How many people are aware of Daryl Cagle's daughter, Susie (also a cartoonist)?

https://twitter.com/susie_c/status/823986329738285056

Needless to say, she's more "on the nose" than her dad.

My brother went from a Lefty, to "We must LISTEN to the enemy!! THAT'S why Trump won!!" idiot after the election, to unironically sharing pro-Trump anti-poor memes. He's just loving lost it and I'm so very worried about him. It's like my brother decided "if you can't beat them, join them" was the only option, he insists he's not right wing, he's just holding the rightwing and leftwing to the same standards which, apparently, means cheering everything the right does while booing everything the left does, He said all the same poo poo the Nazi apologists have been for the last 5 pages, "But what if it wasn't a Nazi???" "Then...it wouldn't have been ok...I mean...he's a Nazi..." "But what if it WASN'T????" "Then it wouldn't be ok? Cause then it wouldn't be a Nazi?" "But it's ok if it IS a Nazi???" "Yeah...they're Nazis..." "But what if it WASN'T a Nazi????" etc etc etc Like every single thing in life ever is unquestionably a slippery slope instead of, you know, starting and ending at loving Nazis.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Not willing to go down what is assuredly a VERY ugly hole so Snopes this one for me?

How about the "Shithead cartoonist who refused to pick a side because 'both sides are just as bad' until it was far too late" statue?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder how FOX News people feel knowing they have so much power. How long until FOX News is specifically tailored towards Trump alone during his normal viewing hours?

Arglebargle III posted:

The DOW has been almost at 20,000 for months. Obama's presidency saw it go from 7,000 to just below 20,000.
I more meant that the DOW under Obama going up to 19,000 made no difference to these people. Almost like they have a narrative already and apply facts to it where possible. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the DOW leaps to 20,000 from the presumable pounding it was taking under Obama!
Also, the DOW is only 30 behemoth companies.
"Gee," I thought, "'record high'?? The last record high must have been decades and decades ago because I NEVER remember hearing about it breaking records before! I'll just look up exactly WHEN it, before now, actually 'broke records'... ... ...oh..."

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

duz posted:

Yes, that is what they want. That's not what the Donald is doing tho.

Seriously. SERIOUSLY.

All those "campaign promises" like "lock her up"?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
GOD! Look at those SLUTS and WHORES judging that woman for the content of her character and not her gender!!! What a bunch of hypocrites!!
Yup, nothing bad has EVER come from excessive speeding right Grace Kelly, Paul Walker, Princess Diana, James Dean, Jayne Mansfield, Ryan Dunn, Sam Kinison, Dale Earnhardt....

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Four players: a white man, a Muslim woman, a black man, and a white woman.

And it's the white guy in the only cushioned chair whose idea it was to play the game that is being beaten?

I don't think Not-Bors puts too much thought into his comics.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

that guy is Lubchansky's self-insert (see: my av) and he probably felt more comfortable drawing himself getting brutally beaten than drawing someone else getting brutally beaten

(and it's been said but I dunno where you're getting the chair thing from)
I'm still salty about his "mooooooooral highground" bullshit cartoon but still: the white male isn't the one the StormTrumpers are going to go right for with smiles on their faces given the targets of opportunity clearly presented.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I gotta write this new Conservative hot take down to embroider on a pillow: "People...who like one thing...might NOT like...a totally different thing". Christ why has it taken so long to come to such a mind blowing idea? "But you liked when I pushed you on a swing, how can you NOT like it when I push you over a cliff????"

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum posted:

If he's the only one who is trying to go by the rules and therefore say what Trump can or cannot do, then yes they are.

This isn't like a rodeo bull thing, where white people trying to stopped Trump could use Muslims and black people to distract him. You do get that, right?

White people aren't going to bear the harshest treatment under Trump relative to minorities. I KNOW it's not what he's going because of who he is for he's using the same imagery as KKlurf and the "B-b-but MEN!" in response to women being attacked. It's bad optics and makes it a questionable cartoon.

Also yes, you absolutely could use a minority to distract from white people when dealing with Trump supporters, much like they use a nebulous "homeless vets" concept to distract from refugees while not actually caring about real homeless vets.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Brother Entropy posted:

just pretend the white guy is gay or trans if it'll stop your moronic nitpicking
I'm talking about a political cartoon in the political cartoon thread'????? Since when is a forum the place for opinions or discussion??? Call the thread police!!!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

It was a huge stretch of a complaint against a good cartoonist, and people disagreeing with you on it also counts as discussion

Calling me "moronic" for pointing out that "one of the good ones" has a imagery problem with his cartoon is just rife with conversational possibilities and responses. But I guess dissent only emboldens our enemies so I shouldn't point out optic problem and just nod in agreement with every comic that hints at being on the Left even if you have to know who the comic is by to grasp their real meaning.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Brother Entropy posted:

again, just assume the white guy is some kind of non-racial minority and your myopic 'optic problem' goes away

you're dumb as hell if you think the deep meaning of 'oh god the trump presidency is gonna suck' is obfuscated by including a white person

Yup. "Dumb as hell" to dissect the visual cues in a visual medium in a thread to discuss the visual medium of political cartoons. Next I'll want to talk about the SOUND of a band in the MUSIC thread! ANARCHY!!

Your only point is "Don't talk bad about the good ones because they agree with us". Ok. Good point. I'm sorry I emboldened our enemies. Boy that pro-Trump cartoon sure had troubling visuals amIrite????

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

Chill your pill, guy, nobody is attacking your freedom of speech by disagreeing with your opinions
When the only response is "You're stupid for thinking that way against a good cartoonist" without context or reason it is, in essence, "just shut up". Then you pop up to tell me that "u stoopid" is part of the fabric of healthy debate that I should embrace and respond to.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know which I like better, the "You're mean for calling us Nazis!!!" instead of, I don't know, denying you're Nazis comics, or the "Yeah he was lying, BUT OBAMA LIED TOO!!" comics. They're both just so pathetically transparent.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So Branco, Lisa, and idiot piss man with the ugly rear end art and uglier coloring who I forget the name of are the only cartoonists 100% behind Trump?

Great coalition there. The best. Yugest. Most talent.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Regalingualius posted:

Someone find the comic he must've made to justify the Republicans refusing to hold Garland's confirmation hearing and I'll send it side-by-side with this one to him.
Or the half dozen or so "wise baby schools Dumbocrats" cartoons he's created

ZERO self awareness that maybe the loving president should be noticing this stuff too instead of tweeting about the press. His cartoon has Trump literally even further away from the issue than the people he's complaining are far away from the issue!
Garrison is seriously bad at this poo poo. He draws the uniform of the anti-fa, a artistic shorthand, and then labels him anyway (well, the tree). It's like drawing a guy in white grease paint with a big red nose and a rainbow wig and writing "THIS IS A CLOWN" across a nearby fire hydrant.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
And yeah, The Left IS being super rude with the allotted time Milo usually calmly and cooly gives them to respond

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

OldTennisCourt posted:

Spencer does not advocate violence, unless you count genocide I guess
Ummm, it's only "violence" if those thugs on the Left don't file orderly into the camps like normal, civilized people.

This needs to be on the top of every page

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Two weeks in, Ramirez is still more comfortable attacking the previous president than supporting (or drawing) the current president.

The cartoon would be less inept if he had Wormbama either holding the huge sign or whispering his agreement rather than the ISIS guy doing both. "Psssst... I secretly believe the message on this huge sign I'm holding!"

Yup. If there's one thing ISIS wants it is their hostages escaping

PSST: I agree with this post

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar be it from me to criticize MULTIPLE PULITZER PRIZE WINNER MICHAEL SHITBIRD RAMIREZ but

It's not gonna matter how big Meatstack there is if beardy is the only one who can actually use his legs

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Trogdos! posted:

saw this in cspam, might as well post it here
Honestly I really like it. If only it had competent art.

"Haha we're going to murder you if you protest! Also stop calling us Nazis or we'll put you in camps! The beatings will continue until morale improves!"

Is there currently a better, more accurate comic about the current administration than this one?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Hmm, seems like it could be a much better cartoon, if it had Rick Perry gripping a dead body by the shoulders, shaking it madly and crying "my nigga have u tried deregulation"

(I'm joking, this is a joke. i'm not seriously mad about this)

So much for the tolerant left

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum posted:

This actually happened, you realise.

Haha he did! Holy poo poo he totally did!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

OldTennisCourt posted:

Wow Red Panels dude straight up supports beheadings, in his rabid hatred of Muslims he literally supports ISIS, holy poo poo.

I mean, I'm not even joking, he all but straight up stated he supports them, drat dude :stare:
The name Vanilla ISIS is so accurate it hurts. The only difference they have with ISIS is their targets (the Christian ones Vanilla ISIS cares about that is, not the vast Muslim majority). In fact they absolutely agree with everything about ISIS...as long as it applies to the others.

I mean really LOOK at this comic:

It's saying two things intentionally that lead, inevitably and unintentionally, to a single conclusion:

1+: Stupid Leftists and their "diversity will kill us all" because all Muslims are dirty savages ready to be set off by the things they violently disagree with
2=: which are the same things MY PEOPLE also violently disagree with
3: so they're right.

If ISIS tomorrow announced they'll no longer target straight, white Christians but only gays and Muslims all travel bans would be lifted and the Nazis would whistle and look the other way while spouting off about "Our Muslim friends and allies" and how "don't judge them all by a few bad examples" and they just won't admit it.

• Locked thread