Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pants Donkey posted:

No, which is weird because the nuclear football is already close enough.

That's more of a self destruct button for the whole country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

No, but what the gently caress?

Is Lester having a mental breakdown?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Muslims: known for their love of keeping dogs as pets.

A cat would've been more appropriate (everyone knows muslims love cats) but the common expression is "lap dog", so this reads better.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

We don't deserve Ruben Bolling :allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

BarbarianElephant posted:

A big cause of death before modern medicine was getting a bug that caused rampant shits and dehydrating to death. These days, that's a trip to the hospital for a drip. Even over-the-counter rehydration salts could have saved a lot of our ancestors. The human body isn't terribly logical especially in the digestive system which seem to have the programming "catch error: dump all."

That's pretty much the default response to sensory shenanigans. Motion sickness is your body assuming that these weird readings must mean that you've been poisoned so time to empty that belly.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Anyone got that awful gamer comic where Token Black Guy(tm) dreams of killing Obama at his inauguration?

Electronic Tigers, I think? That guy was incredible, he also made that comic disproving evolution with yu gi oh cards and fell for a pyramid scheme selling "activated" water.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Potato Salad posted:

Woah.

This.... this author is still alive?

Sean Delonas is alive and well, although he doesn't work for a newspaper anymore. The New York Post fired him a couple years ago (not for that cartoon) and he took a hiatus for a while after that.

He does the American cartoons that are grotesque like British cartoons.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ah, that's the stuff. Classic Dees.

The most off-putting part is honestly the way Trump and King Salman's heads are pasted onto bodies that look absolutely nothing like them. Force ghost Kissinger has nothing on Trump with normal body proportions.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Mail:
Mac on... Jihadis' web browsing habits

Youtube is truly your best source for long form articles on any subject :allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Lurdiak posted:

Why is the gargoyle labeled "Radical Islam"? Did he decide he wanted to put that on there to stick it to NOBAMA but forgot to leave room for it?

Clearly, radical islam was placed there to share away evil spirits that may otherwise roost in the rafters of Notre Dame. But it isn't working on ISIS, for obvious reasons.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Gazpacho posted:

instant headache. would it be so hard to draw an eagle with putin and trump heads?

Nobody would get it. They'd have to label it "Russia", which would make laypeople confused and people in this thread angry about overlabeling.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"And only one thing can kill children at a time."

This isn't even worth AGCing.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Rall is terrible even when it comes to spouting propaganda for a fascist regime. I honestly wonder if he sees it as just a paycheck or if he thinks of it as revenge against america and more specifically the newspapers that won't hire him.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That second panel :allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

"How dare they fire the voice of a generation/the revolution, Ted Rall! Also he's not really important and they didn't have to be so mean about it."

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Wait I thought now that Trump was president everything was fine. You're telling me the government is still gonna send us all to FEMA camps?

Trump was revealed as a zionist puppet shortly after being elected. Someone hasn't been keeping on their Dees lore.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Grimdude posted:

So I actually live in Illinois, but not in a good part, I'm like 3 hours southwest of Chicago on the border with Iowa. So of course, 90% of the interactions you have here are with people who either really like Trump or don't see anything wrong with him. So to everyone else: whenever people bitch about how bad Chicago is and suggest we make Illinois and the Chicago area two different states, do you usually just assume there's some racist undertones?

Like for one, and I could be completely wrong here, doesn't that Chicago area probably provide enough income to (somewhat) take care of the rest of this big-rear end state? Separating the two just seems like you'd have one bustling and wealthy area that's just surrounded by small towns and family farms that are slowly being absorbed by corporate ones.

Also, I feel like people (at least around here) just think of Chicago as a black city. Which is where I get the idea that there are racist undertones. Because otherwise, why would removing Chicago from Illinois be beneficial?

It's definitely somewhat racist, but that's also just how the rural-urban divide works. You hear the same thing here in Washington with regards to Seattle vs eastern washington. They don't like being beholden to The City, and want to break away, despite the fact that their way of life is subsidized by taxes that come primarily from that city.

The benefit world be removing liberal voters from the equation. Not having Those People telling them how to live their lives and so on.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Samurai Sanders posted:

Recently I read poll data that says Republican voter opposition to gay marriage is dropping and is only at like 50% now. I'm still a little dumbfounded that the right gave up that fight so easily, when just a few years ago it was being sold as an existential crisis for human society and whatever.

Once it's legalized and society doesn't actually collapse, those arguments really lose their teeth. Also it was a supreme court ruling and thus not really actionable without an insane congressional majority.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Low Desert Punk posted:

Where did the "Tinsley is an alcoholic" joke come from?

Two DUIs.

After which he made this cartoon about the judge who sentenced him:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Oh wow, even Colbert covered it at the time http://www.cc.com/video-clips/klp05i/the-colbert-report-blood-in-the-water---bruce-tinsley-s-dui

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

How the gently caress do you make an extravagantly over-labeled shipwreck cartoon and not label the rocks that the ship is wrecking on :psyduck:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

TheBigAristotle posted:

Click here for the rest, but it's just more of this.

Literally "no u". Like he didn't even make a good strawman! At least have the decency to either have your opponent spout obviously faulty lines of logic, or make them DASGDC.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

D.N. Nation posted:

Ha ha! Loser CNN got punched in the mouth ha ha OH NO IT'S HORRIBLE WHAT CNN HAS DONE TO OUR POLITICAL DISCOURSE HOW DARE THEY, SIRS, HOW DARE THEY

Can these doughy, fashy hacks keep their story straight for 20 seconds?

:umberto:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake!

byeyoz sfudd
tetyais

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It's almost like people have used backwards Rs as a shorthand for Russia for decades, not only in recent political cartoons.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

loquacius posted:

It's the second one

picture the underwear gnomes, but with the order of the steps changed slightly

1. abolish minimum wage
2. (short-term) PROFIT! (for shareholders)

Profit is literally the only thing that ever matters. The invisible hand takes care of everything else!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Cloud Potato posted:

Evening Standard:

Those clowns in parliament are at it again.

What a bunch of clowns.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

SexyBlindfold posted:

So it seems Trumpcare's gone belly-up for the time being. Was there any cartoonist left who actually supported it? Some shits like Ramirez et al were quick to pre-emptively adopt the "WELL ACTUALLY THIS IS BAD BECAUSE IT DOESN'T GET RID OF ENTITLEMENTS" position, others were a bit more nebulously against it, but was anyone actually for it?
Matter of fact, I don't remember Garrison letting out a single peep about healthcare.

Garrison doesn't give two shits about actual policy. Because he's a libertarian at heart and thus can't really tow the GOP party line.

The only people likely to actually shed a tear over trumpcare itself and not just continue railing against obamacare are Branco and probably Rall, somehow.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Crabtree posted:

Not yet anyway, but he totally wants to.

In this analogy, Obi-wan is just still better at lightsaber fighting than Vader, and gets away scot-free. Vader shakes his fist but consoles himself with the fact that Obi-wan will die of old age soon anyway.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Obamacare is a tragic figure cobbled together from different parts and only barely functional, but it is still deserving of love and is blameless in its creation. The ignorant townsfolk hate and fear it, and try to round up a mob to kill Obamacare, but are luckily foiled by laziness and incompetence. A Good Cartoon and An Apt Metaphor.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

IIPE3NOEHT COEONHEHHbIX IIITATOB AMEPNKN? What the heck does that mean???

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Vib Rib posted:

I think it's got to be some kind of law that 80% of all British politoons are set on the white cliffs of Dover.
It's only been ramping up, too. Every goddamn comic is someone perched on or striding off the cliff.

Probably doesn't help that the film Dunkirk features them pretty prominently. You know how those Brits love to combine A Thing Happened with A Political Thing Happened.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ah yes, everyone knows there were no panics or bubbles before the invention of the nefarious Federal Reserve.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

loquacius posted:

this is a tweet with a picture under it

Hey c'mon.

That is way too many characters for a tweet. It's clearly a tumblr post.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Avirosb posted:

Didn't they already have a revolt in GOT?

Definitely in the books, I'm not sure if it's as prominent in the show.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Radish posted:

Imagine if someone made a comic about how the people fighting Isis are just as bad or in fact THEY are the victims and how fast that person would be fired.

There are already lots of cartoons that portray refugees fleeing ISIS as terrorists coming to infiltrate the US.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Holy poo poo a good Gosse.

Although, come to think of it, it's usually hard to divine his opinion through the thick layers of labels. But I have a distinct impression of him being a shitheel.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pakled posted:

I really hope Garrison does a cartoon about Bannon getting fired.

Finally, I hear some good news from this thread.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Am I wrong, or is the donkey in Lester's cartoon also a gay caricature? On top of everything else - being a Nazi, a wife beater, etc - he's knocking down a gay straw man too.

I find it hard to believe that Mike "Rainbow Tie Obama" Lester would be homophobic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Xander77 posted:

Are there any good alternate history thinking on what such a victory would actually result in? (I know the mockumentary but that's not quite what I mean)

I'm updating my Garrison profile, and I need a cartoon by Wyatt Mann or one of his colleagues with a perfidious Jew ordering a black man around.

There is a ridiculous number of books about it. Not to mention movies and TV and games and speculative articles. It's a real dead horse topic at this point. Can't really point out any particularly good ones, though.

Begemot fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Aug 22, 2017

• Locked thread