Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

D.N. Nation posted:

Get ready for a ton of this. (Trump does terrible thing.) Sheeesh, why are you libs so mean and rude about everything?

The "best" part is that it's just more projection. Trump is such a thin skinned baby that he threw a giant screaming tantrum on Twitter because Saturday Night Live made fun of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I have no loving clue why the site let the results stand unless they have some weird delusions that the controversy will drive traffic in the long term.

Fake edit: I love that Milo got triggered by being called "alt-right" but also irritated the site caved and removed it from the article.

Milo is only angry about being called "alt-right" because when he tried sucking up to them by claiming they aren't really horrible racists and are just doing it to be a bunch of shocking edgelords, their response could roughly be summarized "no, we really are racist, you race-traitor human being." Milo's just as much a Nazi as the people he tried sucking up to, he's just bitter that they're not willing to see he's One Of The Good Ones.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

For all the horrible poo poo Tinsley does and terrible opinions he holds, it is his constant misuse of the term "hater" that makes me want him to hurry up and wrap his car around a telephone pole.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Squashy Nipples posted:

Interesting that this is IT: I saw the exact same things in my first career as an engineer, and that was 25 years ago. gently caress developing talent, let's just steal it and underpay the kids. That's sustainable, right?

This a cycle that's going to be hard to break, because the first one that blinks and goes "maybe we should try training new people instead of constantly poaching" is suddenly going to find all of their people poached, because corporations are amoral entities that exist only to consume and grow with a focus on right now and no fucks given about tomorrow.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I can't help but wonder if, in two weeks, we're going to see an awful lot of comics about how it's wrong to punch someone, even if you disagree with them about your right to not be murdered by the state.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

Forgive my ignorance but in what contexts is a white supremacist not a neo-Nazi?

In contexts where they realize that identifying as a Nazi will get them punched, but weaseling around it by saying you're not a Nazi but you just support all of their beliefs will get easily duped people who can't see through transparent bullshit on your side when you snivel about "free speech" instead of joining in a good old fashioned curb stomping.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Somfin posted:

Oh, you mean they were arrested and charged, Tinsley?

Man, it's sounding like justice was loving done. Wow.

poo poo like this is why I want fucks like Tinsley to just die of liver failure already. They just love bringing up poo poo like this and going SEE BOTH SIDES ARE JUST AS BAD, IT'S OKAY THAT COPS SHOOT BLACK PEOPLE while completely ignoring things like "black people attacking white people go to jail, white people shooting black people get paid vacations."

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Obama signing a bunch of executive orders was a gross abuse of power and disgusting overreach, while Trump doing it is cutting through red tape and bureaucracy and getting things done, and it's okay when our guy does it because

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

The author is the kind of rear end in a top hat neo-liberal who whinged about the nazi punch while writing Captain America, a character whose debut was punching Hitler in the face.

Not only whined about the punch, but had his defense of the punched Nazi get retweeted by the punched Nazi.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

These same worthless shitbags that deserve every single set of knuckles that comes flying their way because people dare to protest ideologies that call for them to be loving murdered en masse are also the same pieces of poo poo that throw giant loving screaming tantrums because we don't immediately roll out the tanks for every nation that doesn't like us.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I think the key difference between "slacktivism" (or whatever) and "virtue signaling," at least as used by assholes, is that "slacktivism" is about talking a good game but not actually putting your money where your mouth is.

"Virtue signaling," when used by shitbags like Garrison, is "the only reason to care about anything that does not immediately and directly impact you is to make other people think better of you," because these people are self-centered sociopaths.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Sandpuppy posted:

AGC. Fun exercise: Imagine how McCoy would draw him if Milo Y were a liberal.

You don't beat fascists with debate, you beat them with chairs. AGC.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Cartoons like these always piss me off, because it treats regulations as things that the mean ol' government does to poor plucky entrepreneurs just to be dicks, and not direct responses to ways in which business are loving people over.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

So on the one hand there's the "yeah she's so intolerant for not letting him preach a platform that thinks she should be chattel at best and murdered at worst" thing, but that's been covered.

You think Ramirez knows or cares that if shitclowns like Milo got their way, he'd be on a plane or in a ditch within a week? They're not going to give a poo poo about his politics, they only care that he's not white, so they want him out of the country by any means necessary.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Xander77 posted:

The thread regularly speculates about a conservative hivemind or marching orders to draw the exact same imagery or the same message.

It's because "if you're so tolerant, why won't you tolerate my intolerance :smuggo:" is considered a rhetorical masterstroke by idiots who do not seem to grasp that calling for people to be marginalized goes outside the bounds of "difference in political opinion," especially when they think it doesn't impact anybody they know.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Is it really that much of a surprise that a guy who's constantly going on with warnings about THE JEWS fell in line with poorly rebranded Nazis?

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Duke Igthorn posted:

Which is the usual "Haha you're judging them on the content of their character instead of the color of their skin/contents of their underwear, what a hypocrite!!!" type bullshit that the Right ALWAYS thinks is some sort of slam dunk instead of them missing the point so badly it's in danger of hitting the sun.

How many of them also turned out comics where MLK was embarrassed that people were supporting Obama because he's black? I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of overlap between the "you should evaluate Obama critically" and the "how dare you evaluate Jenner critically" crowd.

Plus there's the whole "Caitlyn Jenner's chosen party wants to strip her of her rights and see her in an institution or a grave" thing.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Well, it's like the saying goes, "those who do not study history are doomed to prove themselves delusional dumbfucks who have no idea what they're talking about and need to shut the gently caress up forever." Or something like that.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I think the logic behind the idea of "Clinton will get us into wars, Trump won't" while ignoring all the everything Trump's doing is that Clinton would get us into wars because she's an aggressive warhawk (which would make the fault ours), whereas Trump would get us into wars because he's a belligerent idiot who'll posture and bellow and piss off the rest of the world until they all go "y'know what, gently caress those guys" (which would make the fault theirs somehow).

Because apparently a war doesn't count if it got started because of American bluster or something? I dunno, there's only so much of this seven dimensional pretzel I can try to wrap my head around at once.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

The thing I wonder about Brietbart is if they're going to try hiring someone else to do video game stuff, or if they're going to quietly drop it now that catering to Gamergate has served its purpose and they're no longer required.

As a fun reminder, a few weeks before Milo hitched his wagon to Gaters, he said that video games weren't for him, any man with their hands "clamped on a 360 controller instead of a pair of tits deserved to be slapped," and people who play video games are "unemployed saddos in yellowing underpants living in their mothers basement," and he did a 180 because he's a whore with no personal moral compass that will say and do anything for attention.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Has the KKKlurf guy done any trans issue comics? Because "nobody cares what you identify as, we can see what you are" is the core of their hatred for anybody not cis, and...well, that's kinda the logic being applied to Milo. Nobody gives a poo poo if he claims he's not a Nazi, we're calling him a Nazi because he believes all the same poo poo.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Vib Rib posted:

It's a fantastic curtain-pull that he's been going on all this time like "No, me and my supporters and my friends AREN'T "Nazis", we're 14 but not 88 (or we're neither depending on the strip), don't you see? We're not Nazis, you just call everyone you disagree with Nazis!"
And then he turns to his fanbase who respond, with great eagerness and no shame, "No -- we totally are Nazis. We are literal, actual Nazis. Don't mislabel us."

This is literally what happened to Milo when he tried to play off Stormfront as just being edgelords in it for the lulz so he could suck up to them and provide a fig leaf of respectability.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

This is actually a good case of stuck clock-ism. The problem is that a lot of our government is built on the assumption that everyone is acting with, if not total competence, at least a clue and some good faith. So when you get poo poo like the executive branch saying "hey ICE, go round people up" and the judicial branch says "uh how about no, that poo poo is not consitutional," there is no mechanism to deal with it if the executive says "gently caress you, we're doing it anyway." I read a pretty good twitter thing about it (what do you call those anyway?), the point of which is "the Constitution is badly written because nobody stopped to ask what happens if a shitbag gets in charge."

quote:

Ah, Bok, you worthless hypocritical disingenuous piece of poo poo. Go gently caress yourself. We all know exactly what "states rights" is a dogwhistle for, and we also all know you're so full of poo poo it spills out when you open your vile lying mouth because you loving love having the government in the bedroom controlling what happens as long as it isn't between one (white) man and one (white) woman.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Please tell me you're joking.

I don't know if you mean that in a "how hosed up is the US government" sense or in the "are you really this stupid" sense, but it's entirely possible I'm way off on this. So if you mean it in the latter sense, then the answer is "apparently yes, please disregard my prior statement."

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

If you don't want to click on that link:

KKKlurf posted:

2017-02-27
Dear Readers,

After 18 wonderful months as the creator of RedPanels, I am announcing my retirement. Knowing and interacting with you has made all the labor worthwhile.

My decision is motivated by a bright future. The Meme President has ascended to the throne, Brexit has shaken the foundations of the E.U., and everywhere you look there is a new independent media eating the lunch of the mainstream. The Left has been routed and the tide of the culture war turns in our favor. In the midst of all this good fortune I am taking the opportunity to rest.

RedPanels has been the most fun project I have ever undertaken, though it is not the only one I plan to. Producing free comics for you has been immensely rewarding, but future endeavors require the funds that a proper career would provide. As such, I am focusing my time accordingly. If you'd like to leave me a parting gift as I make the transition, you may do so via my Patreon, (I will close it early in March, so new patrons will only be charged a single contribution.) or via Bitcoin (1D2BWBz1Yv8qJs6K1NnYZNUYYQxFxJxibx). If you are privvy to a position in the Houston area concerning tech sales or CCNA recipients in April, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Those who wish to contact me may continue to do so via my official email, admin@redpanels.com, or via Twitter. My comics will be archived on this site for the forseeable future. You are free to share, copy, or remix them however you see fit.

Thank you all.

Love,

Red

Good riddance and die in a car fire, you loving Nazi.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Spiffster posted:

He is loving going out on a nazi salute... what a loving gem :cripes:

Yeah, that's the real crowning turd of all of this. He spent all this time going "I'm not really a Nazi therefore CHECKMATE LIBERALS :smuggo:" and then he ends with that.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

How much time and money did we spend on EMAILS and BENGHAZI only to repeatedly turn up nothing? Because that's one of the major things disingenuous hacks like Ramirez deliberately never bring up. Every single one of those loving things was investigated, over and over and over and over and over and (imagine I filled a page with this poo poo) and OVER and gently caress-all was found.

But sure, let's use that to ignore very real and dangerous allegations about Russia loving with our government.

And then there's Good Ol' Chip Bok, who loses his poo poo over "hey a lot of these guys may have had connections to the Russians" but I'd bet had loving nothing to say over "Mexico is flooding our country with criminals" type poo poo and is fully in favor of the cops pre-emptively jailing anybody two shades darker than milk.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

You'll know it's been about two weeks since Milo self-destructed when Tinsley abrupt changes the subject to media bias or something.

Is there enough time for that, though? I thought "Milo supports pedophilia" was what caused his fall from grace, so there wouldn't be enough time for Drunky Duck to trot out his full throated support of the guy before it turned out WHOOPS he's a shitbag, which anybody who's not a Nazi has been saying for years.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

:ironicat:

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Xander77 posted:

I'm just going to save these for a compilation, because "judging someone by the contents of their character is exactly the same as judging them by race / gender" is apparently a repeating talk point.

Whenever liberals agree with anybody who's not a straight white male, the right trots out a weeping MLK complaining about "content of character not color of skin," but whenever liberals disagree with anybody who's not a straight white male, they start in with "WHY AREN'T YOU SUPPORTING THIS PERSON, HEH SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT."

But that's because they're a pack of disingenuous fuckweasels who constantly make arguments in bad faith and then whine when you refuse to engage in their obvious bullshit.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Hey, remember when people were expressing concerns about W expanding the ability of the government to spy on people, and conservatives were responding with "if you're not guilty of anything you shouldn't have anything to hide :smuggo:" like that was a reasonable response to a government going too far?

Drunky Duck clearly doesn't!

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Wasn't the counterargument for that "the very fact that you consented to this shows you aren't mentally fit to give consent for much of anything"?

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

There is actually truth to the tomato flavor thing. It's because large commercial growers, when breeding their tomatoes, select for things like "grows quickly" and "transports well." Stuff like "actually tastes good" is pretty far down the list.

There's a lesson to be learned here by the people who love jerking off to UNGH FREE MARKET BIG BUSINESS but I don't think they'll figure it out.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Xander77 posted:

Yeah, but that's... like the last century or more.

Early 20th century tomatoes were apparently sweet enough to just eat on their own, like an apple. And would splatter satisfyingly when hitting vaudeville performers.

I know it's been going on for a long while, but hey, Drunky Duck gets all his morals from the last century, why not his complaints too?

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Call a beekeeper to relocate it.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

By definition conspiracy theories rely on unfalsifiable evidence, vague hypotheses and logical fallacies. The government spying conspiracies weren't substantiated by Snowden et al's leaks because those conspiracies were about NWO Illuminati bullshit. They were overblown nonsense that only resembles the truth if you think that the banal reality of the USAs spy policies are equal to the insanity of thinking that government satellites can read your brain.

While it's worthwhile not to dismiss conspiracies theories out of hand there's a reason why they're conspiracy theories and not just conspiracies. The vast majority of them are nonsense that bear as much resemblance to reality as a bad episode of The X-Files.

More importantly, there's only so many hours in a day, and how many of them do you want to spend verifying claims made by David "THE GOVERNMENT BROKE INTO MY HOUSE TO REARRANGE MY SHOES" Dees?

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

D.N. Nation posted:

The hell is with wingnuts who think mere invocation of Caitlyn Jenner's name constitutes WOCKA WOCKA A-OOGA GUFFAW funny?

It's really not that complicated. Caitlyn Jenner is a prominent trans person, and the Republican party hates trans people, just like they hate anybody who's not a straight cis rich white Christian male.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Pakled posted:

How many aspiring cartoonists have failed to get their work published in a real newspaper while Tinsley coasts on the laziest poo poo on the planet? I'm guessing something in the four digit range.

This is actually kind of a running issue with the newspaper comic industry. New artists can't get a break, because the old ones just don't loving leave. Hm, there's an allegory here, but we'll leave that aside for now. Some of these things are approaching a century old, and are artifacts of their era. Like Barney Google & Snuffy Smith became what it is because it was originally about...well, who gives a poo poo, the point is he visited a town in Appalachia because hillbilly humor was super popular and it jumped on the bandwagon and it just sort of took over, even though nobody's given a poo poo about hillbilly jokes for decades. Barney Google himself hasn't been a regular character in the strip that bears his name for over sixty loving years.

The newspaper comics industry is a hosed up place where inertia is king, is what I'm getting at, and Bill Waterson was wise to go out on a high note like he did.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

D.N. Nation posted:

Democrats doing a thing I support proves that they are nevertheless losers. - Frederick Theodore Rall III

I think the point he's trying to make is that Democrats keep trying to find a middle ground and compromise with people who hate them and have made obstructionism their #1 goal, kind of like the left half of Kreider's The Choice comic, except it's Rall so it comes out all lovely and horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

NewMars posted:

Zyklon Ben's getting a bit anxious.

Yes, clearly this is the result of "Trump is being swayed by THE ESTABLISHMENT people around him," and not "Trump is a serial con-man who lied his rear end off and now the ugly truth is coming out."

• Locked thread