Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Trapezium Dave posted:

Happy New Year! :toot:

Even Bill Leak is right once in a while. Stopped clock and all that. gently caress the War on Terror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

only because it's inconveniencing poor stepped upon white men
Well, sure. It's like the one Garrison I ever agreed with, where he clearly had just gotten a speeding ticket or something and wrote an angry red-faced screed about schlubs who put on cop uniforms and become AUTHORITY MAN inconveniencing (white) citizens.

e:

Sandpuppy posted:

As I recall, it went something like, "Bad webcomics, eh? I've seen dozens of Lesters and McCoys!", followed shortly by :stare:. So yeah, it wasn't an experience I'd care to repeat, hence my asking.
As someone who reads that thread, no, we don't post Muir there. I think it's just one of those consensus stay-away things, like the worse ones only less bad.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Memento posted:

*72 Anthropocene. Lots of workers in the (my) field are coming around to the idea that on the 16th of July 1945 we qualified for the title.
You know, I never really thought about when we'd start marking it, but that makes perfect sense. The first really irreversible change.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cloks posted:

The guest Klurf is embarrassingly better at him in both art and conveying a message unambiguously. Too bad they're wrong.
The one klurf is even named "White Man" based on the initials on his... speed suit?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm confused. Is this some sort of argument about sola fide, one way or the other? Is Lietha one of those Jack Chick types who thinks good works are completely irrelevant? I only know about his ark fetishism and hatred of Bill Nye.

Or is it literally just "person is famous and seems good but maybe is not a good person slash true christian makes u think"?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cat Mattress posted:

Also lol at the terror car. Payne can't help himself, he has to draw cars.
I like how you don't put bumper stickers on the front, so it just straight-up says "TERROR".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Trogdos! posted:

America is garbage -A.F. Branco
Obama's like "gently caress, this box smells, I'm glad I'm handing it off finally" and Trump is just... nonplussed by it.

Branco's default "uppity Obama" expression really makes this one a lot less aggressive than he probably intended it as.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Gorrell. You literally drew a donkey reaching right and an elephant reaching left. That's what a compromise between the parties they represent would look like.

You were dumb in 2013 and you're dumb now, you hack.

(although "reaching left with your right hand" on the elephant's part is admittedly somewhat compelling, I know it's unintentional.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The West is empty as gently caress and Palestine deserves to be a country. A Just Cartoon.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This is great, though I won't lie, I was hoping for that McCoy where terrorists fly judges into the WTC but instead flying into that edit.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Wait. Stantis is skeptical of Repeal and Replace? Has the GOP hosed up that badly?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Somfin posted:

Like that one artist who draws ultra-sexualised underage girls sucking cocks and being exploited but then he swaps out the cocks for cell phones and all of a sudden it's legal to put it on Facebook.
I can't decide if I'm judging you for knowing about this or just sadly sighing that this probably isn't actually a unique description of only a single individual on the internet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

prefect posted:

They are run by Moldavian teenagers who write interesting headlines for ad bucks.
I thought alt-news was Stormfront and fake news was Moldova?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Okay Rob, I admit it. You made me smile and for once we have the same opinion on something, albeit in a horseshoe theory kind of way.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

I AM THE TOILET posted:

AND THEN HE PEES ALL OVER THE BIRD AND THEN EATS IT AND REFUSES TO PAY FOR ANYTHING HE JUST DID PRESIDENT PISSBABY EVERYONE
1) username, post, etc

2) now I want a Fun-Pak Comix that redoes the 9/11 gimmick but with "President-Elect Donald Trump paid prostitutes to urinate in front of him".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The Democrats actually have a really solid bench for the presidency imo, the problem is that no one will ever live up to the lofty ideals of the far-left because they are literally impossible to please. Warren is poised to have a great run, Booker is obviously going to run at some point in the future (depending on how his political stock does in the next 4 years), Keith Ellison has been bucking for more national attention, the list goes on. The republican bench on the other hand is completely hosed, it's how Trump was able to totally usurp the party in the first place. Democrats aren't really in want of candidates, but are in need of solid well-targeted messaging, which has been their problem since basically forever so I'm not sure how they plan on fixing it.
Still hoping for Duckworth/Warren 2020.

Not that she'd actually make a good veep.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jedit posted:

A serious question: assuming he isn't already gone and the world is still here, what are the odds of someone challenging Trump at the 2020 RNC?
Wild guess: Fairly low. If he's not already gone and the world is still here, the party as a whole is probably on board with him or at least not willing to rock the boat.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Potato Salad posted:

Until I fund wherever USPol went, Jill Stein is doing Things still :sigh:
Uh, it's gone forever ever since its closure immediately post-election and nobody has told me why. I thought about making a new one but I figured it'd just get instagassed and I'd get probated.

e: much like the 6% of Democratic Florida voters who believed that Hillary Clinton was "an actual, literal devil from Hell" or whatever, I would totally mark myself as "Democrat, believes Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya, will vote for him anyway".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BattleHork posted:

I've been ready

Gosh, Plan "B" sounds so liberating!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Political cartoonists everywhere must have rejoiced at the RB&BB closure news. They can just do clowns for a week for no reason! Every single day, clowns! Elephants! Whatever circus jokes they want!

edit: wait, poo poo, genuine question, is the Ringling Museum in Sarasota, FL going to stay open? I assume so because it's attached to an actual art museum and endowed by John and Mabel Ringling but the Circus Museum might close and that would be a drat shame because it rules.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pants Donkey posted:

Speaking of which, I love this incredibly stupid cartoon.
Oh my god, this is amazing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sandpuppy posted:

Gonna do that constitution. Do it right in the rear end.
I'm okay with the artistic composition (if not the words) of this Branco.

What a strange universe we're living in.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Fulchrum posted:

Why is Green Arrow there? And why is he trying to give Green Lantern the same look the black guy is?
I assume it's from an issue of the old Green Arrow/Green Lantern series.

Which was way, way better than it sounds from the initial idea of "let's pair two guys who only have a color in common", because the writers actually decided to tackle real social issues eventually.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
If only there was some candidate you could have supported and voted for who wasn't an insane fascist piece of poo poo, huh Ted?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jurgan posted:

I'm not sure I get it. All I can see is the faint outline of bricks, so I guess it's a prison cell? Is my monitor too dark? What does the writing in the window say?
It's the same thing that was written on that diaper-with-a-stain a few pages back, so I'm guessing it's his formal signature?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Peanut Butler posted:

more surprising that mexico isn't both tenth and last on his list of known countries
Right, its position means it's clearly at the end of the list because it starts again after only one or two more countries tops, it's more amazing he knows that many.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
IHS is brilliant :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Mods, change my username to ISIS rear end Selfie

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Same cartoon, switch to elephant, switch years, switch name to Garland, leave at 10 AM to start drinking.

I'm the anti-Gorrell.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This only needs a Korner Kelly...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

beepsandboops posted:

The first of many cartoonists who will struggle to caricature Gorsuch in a way that is distinguishable from Pence.

Guess when you stock your whole political world with old white dudes it gets hard to tell them apart :shrug:
It genuinely took me a second read to figure out why it wasn't Pence turning into Scalia.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Spiffster posted:

Holy crap drunk duck let the Limbaugh thing go already... :wtc:
No, no, he should keep up with it.

...because this is unironically the first time I've heard it and of course it's him that told me :shepicide:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Mike Pence hasn't actually done anything yet.

An All Old White Guys Look The Same Cartoon.

Seriously, what the gently caress, Gorsuch and Pence are indistinguishable in caricature apparently?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jurgan posted:

Is this the same artist who did "Nothing gets past this guy?" It has a similar feel to me.
I think it's... Matt Lubchansky? I'm probably butchering his name. Pretty sure he did that, he's a prolific dude.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
HACKITY HACK
Tillerson Flynn
Who's Yer Daddy?
Exxon
Pootie
RT=PRAVDA
Kremlin KGB

that's a drat good monitor that I'm sure nobody will bother to read except us goons

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Farking Bastage posted:

No surprises here. Dick spencer publicly stated he pulled for the pats as well because they have more white players. Can someone punch the lot of them again?
Okay, credit where credit is due, LI being one more than L is kind of clever.

...unless he didn't actually mean that part and just wanted to write LOSER TROPHY.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh my god, he actually didn't forget his Straw Muslims? Where's the offensive gay stereotype?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Why, does it have Perry dancing on a pile of corpses or something

It's not actually on the Sacramento Bee's website anymore as best as I can tell, but it's still on dailykos, and the SacBee still has Ohman's oped defending it.

(that said, I did find the "buy prints of this", they didn't disavow it or anything)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Read this in JFK-from-Clone-High's voice and it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"Tear open this box" elicited a giggle from me. That's a good one.

• Locked thread