Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pants Donkey posted:

To defend Latuff, he does make his cartoons with the expectation that they'll end up on protest signs, and that's not exactly where one goes for subtlety.
It is apparently where one goes for antisemitism, if that's his excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sandpuppy posted:

California has had a lot of rain lately. A lot = some.
lil' shadehopping businessman is :kimchi: as gently caress

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Starving Wolf posted:

I'm the single, framed picture of the hammer and sickle on the wall.
I'm the sack of clearly-extra money next to the 2017 BUDGET on the bottom shelf.

California has so much money they can leave it lying around on the bookshelf and keeps the budget around to refer to. Kind of confusing given the nearby junkie cat?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Starving Wolf posted:

That's no sack, it's another cat! Albeit a very lumpy one, with a dollar sign on its back because ?????
Does it represent California's department of finance, given its worried expression? the wealthy elite? THE TAX PAYER? DEBT?!?!
...I thought it was a sack and the cat head was the bit above the tie-string thing.

:eyepop:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Playstation 4 posted:

I give it till June, KKKlurf will be banned like DbD. And will have deserved it three months earlier.
I do enjoy that every week or so people post "well, time to report his Patreon for hate speech again".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TheBigAristotle posted:

What a mess this is. I'm noticing Branco's Trump is always innocently watching as lie-bruls wildly take control, not unlike that meek Hitler cartoon.
Dude's only got like seven arrows, he won't be much good against TERRORISM ISIS anyway.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Lefty is just trying to do his job while he's on camera for some loving reason and he doesn't appreciate Righto's sarcasm.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Which reminds me I don't remember seeing this offering posted yet...

This is gold, but I have a Kelly Kanon Kwestion:

Wasn't he on the Hillary train because it would get Bill back in the White House? And he was mad that Charles wasn't put In Charge, if I recall.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Fulchrum posted:

No, he was on the Trump train, even back with the fanged, flag burning family putting up their "DON'T Make America Great Again!" Lawn signs.

As far as I recall, he only posted about wanting to rescue Chelsea Clinton from Ungrateful Brats, No Good Husband, and Bill.
I forgot about the fangs. I do remember the Chelsea one where he rode in on a horse, but I was thinking... Bill with a ball and chain in a closet, maybe? It's actually impossible to search for past Kellys on the website in any reasonable way :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vib Rib posted:

While looking into McCoy's latest disaster I ran across this, posted on Twitter, which I'd never seen before:

I wonder if there's something he overlooked.
He's a hack, but isn't he the one of the two that worked on Minions and drew that awesome picture for his kid? He definitely knows Batman's origin story. Blame the card company for this one.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I don't recognize the signature, who's the new artist I actually agree with? So few of those.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
...I regret asking. Dude went full Rall.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Liccar turning on Trump? What?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Big fan of the giant portrait.
Even bigger fan of the balls on this Indian cartoonist, that's a pretty sweet combination call-back-and-out :eyepop:

Retromancer posted:

It's a "bias in the media" comic, not a "Trump sucks" comic.
...aaand I AGC'd myself, unironically :eng99:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tenebrais posted:

As far as I know the nazi hides his identity.

Were there zero cartoons between the one where he mocks people who think Bannon controls Trump and the one where Bannon tells Trump what to do?
oh my god I forgot the A Wyatt Mann one was literally the previous one

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Trogdos! posted:

Obama is so bad he's there twice
Nah, the one behind Uncle Sam is just an uncentered "Bama". Somehow sports comes into this too.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Even by Galatianman standards this is weird. What poll is he misinterpreting?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh, are we supposed to be teaming up now? If anybody's got that dorky haircut on the left, I can supply my own sign.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
RIP Fred Churchkin :ohdear:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
You know it's a Branco when John McCain is the most accurately portrayed and least stereotypical and, above all, most normal-looking human being.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I only ever skim your posts but this one is fuckin great and I want to see a Nixon in the same style side-by-side.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Crossposted from not-USPol because they definitely deserve to be here too:
(my favorite is the Brexit one)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vib Rib posted:

Almost none of them address even the barest specifics. It's just screaming into a void while trying really hard not to let the void know what you're really talking about. I don't understand it. Why the aversion to clarity? Why keep things so generic and bland?
Two week delay plus conservative writers who haven't stopped drinking all the Flavor-Aid yet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Afriscipio posted:

I like that he got the medial s right.
Misspelled "peregrinations", though.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Discendo Vox posted:

Marlette's a lefty. It's probably something specific to NC politicians.
He's been running a lot more both-sides lately. But I'm not disagreeing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DACK FAYDEN posted:

He's been running a lot more both-sides lately. But I'm not disagreeing.

Discendo Vox posted:

I've just checked. It's in response to a specific USA Today article. I knew Doug, and I'd be astonished if anyone related to him was to the right of Trotsky.
Man, we just had this conversation about Marlette yesterday. I swear the dude is shining boots for the administration way more than never! I'm not crazy :shobon:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Starshark posted:

I had a unisex communal shower and it wasn't any problem. Mind you, I was in Starship Troopers.
I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say shower with 'em all!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Oh, I thought that there's a message I'm missing because of the font.
I mean, dude is Ialdabaoth. Which Adam4d would probably agree with if he knew anything about Gnosticism, seeing as how he's big on the Old Testament fire and brimstone.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Let's all just marinate in this Branco for a bit.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Rall writing directly for the one audience that still reads him: us.

e: :laffo: I just noticed "AFTEIR"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Spun Dog posted:

Speak for yourself
All Rall readers are goons, not all goons read Rall.

Well, that would require him to be a goon too, but let's face it, that seems not completely implausible.

(go read panel 3 and then go back to not reading him, it's worth it)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Oxyclean posted:

They're pronounced the same. :confused:
And one is an actual anagram, so it's more aesthetically pleasing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Right, it's a "reverse" witch hunt or something.

I will admit, for all that Branco bungled it, he did manage to depict Nancy Pelosi as a literal witch and somehow have it not come out even remotely sexist (because everything else in the cartoon was such a clusterfuck)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I just noticed the Obama witch in the shadows.
The best part of this is that you have to actually be a regular Branco reader to recognize that silhouette. We might be the only group of people on the planet who get it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Uh, nuns made a choice to become nuns? This is super disingenuous because it doesn't do a good idea of actually picking an idea that is imposed upon Christian women externally.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mystic Mongol posted:

Some of them did. Others of them were forced into it, and then made to assemble Hasbro games as slave labor.
I hadn't heard that Hasbro used nun slave labor, what the hell :eyepop:

(Also, that's fair. I should have been more present tense. And even then... well, if it's criticism of just the Church and not its members, complaint retracted I guess.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tyblazitar posted:

Someone should start a collection of cartoons depicting muslims with swords like it's the loving 16th century.
It's a step up from the ones where they have scimitars straight out of Aladdin, like the old McCoy "flying judges into the WTC".

edit: yeah, yeah, found it:

Thanks, whoever runs that Gay Abortions tumblr.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 8, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Said it before and I'll say it again, Paul Ryan's head is God's gift to cartoonists. Easy to draw recognizably, conventionally handsome with distinctive features, dude really did hit the lottery. He should swap heads with someone more famous but harder to draw, like Pence.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Today is a good demonstration of how Fish comic quality is dependent on how many words are in it.

gently caress off, Fish. Obama brought a gravitas to the office we haven't had since, what, loving Eisenhower at least? Dude was presidential to a T and even with the opposing party throwing poo poo at him for eight solid years never had a single scandal (although this wiretapping, man, clearly that's going to be it.)

It's not that there aren't valid complaints about him. Lots of them, in fact! But gently caress right off with this mediocrity bullshit. A great orator, a symbol of what America can be, and yeah, he was a pretty okay president too :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
If Ramirez was alive at the same time as Louis D. Brandeis he would be mocking the concept of a judicially-created penumbral right to privacy.

And if Ramirez was writing a year ago this cartoon would be ten times as vitriolic.

Go gently caress yourself, Mikey boy.

• Locked thread