Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Emasculator posted:

ah yes, thank goodness uncontroversial leftist hero joseph stalin swept into nazi germany and put an end to all injustice there.

Alternatively, know the righteousness of the cause to address climate change and ensure marriage and reproductive human rights and stomp the gently caress out of backwards fuckwits in your path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Emasculator posted:

Yeah, those millions of backwards fuckwits, none of whom were ethnically cleansed, nosiree.

I like the "hey plenty of non-Jewish whites died in the Holocaust too" fact pointed out here as though it defends resurgent nationalism.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Like, Emasculator, do you actually get away with thinking that shallow on a daily basis with your family or workplace?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Emasculator posted:

Glorifying Stalin for "stomping backwards fuckwits", as was being done upthread, is really pretty hosed up. I wasn't aware that that was controversial.

I glorified or even mentioned Stalin?

No, my point is I'm personally much more politically involved now with one of those initiatives being helping put guns in the hands of visible and invisible minorities. Then the rest of my post up there

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

WERE. As in past tense.

Nobody thinks Trump is biologically Hitler. He's a nationalist in the same way the 1930s Nazis called themselves nationalists.

The WWII Russian Communist vs German Nazi idealogical friction KKKlurf is referring to was indeed in the past. Today, Russia is extremely different.

This concludes today's lesson on "things change," have a good day and may God bless your life with joy.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

SexyBlindfold posted:

The Trumpist fauna has plenty of species to marvel at, but for me the most pathetic is the trolls who somehow still think they're "ironically" supporting fascism and white supremacy. Because yeah, I'm fully aware that there's nothing "ironic" about the core of the alt-right, and I'm also aware that this whole propaganda-thru-dank-memes was part of Stormfront's strategy to coopt 4chan and other cesspools in order to spread their message. But when these shitheads say "b-b-but the alt-right aren't all neo-nazis!", like, they're actually right. It's just that, for me, that makes it worse, not better. Because jesus christ, how pathetic do you have to be to understand that your group is infested with neo-nazis, not be a neo-nazi yourself, and still help the general effort for the sake of feeling you're "in on the joke"?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm assuming this makes sense to someone who sees Facebook as an independent public service as opposed to a media corporation.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm the specifically-black vet the US Right still doesn't actually want to spend any money on.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

This cartoon but when you replace "Free" with "Hate" then watch conservatives who otherwise preach absolutes try to say hate is subjective.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

I misread this at first and thought Dan was being reasonable. NOPE. Bible literalist.

I liked the part where the bible goes on to say humans were actually not created on the first day, but the sixth, which isn't the beginning.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Even putting aside the issues with framing Obamacare as a "five seconds to explode" level catastrophe, isn't control over Obamacare exactly what the GOP asked for?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

This is how that went down.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Xander77 posted:

Unironically (?), yes.

Yes. No sarcasm was intended; the present hand-wringing over Trump's victory for is basically lifted from 1930s-period German papers.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Trogdos! posted:

:godwinning:

If you ever wondered what kind of people follow red panels,
https://twitter.com/Red_Panels/status/834197059750215680

Future Red Panels comic: Anthropomophic 1488 is feeling fat and old, panel one. Panel two, he hits the gym hard, lifting lies and pumping hatred. Panel 3, 1488 steps onto his bathroom scale. He's done it:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The people dumping content into this thread are heroes for putting time into something worth no money, upvotes or bragging rights. I don't dare bite the hands that feed this thread and commend you for what must be an awful lot of copy/paste/format drudgery every day.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Funerary post for KKKlurf when I get home.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Regarding multi-imaged comics or comics otherwise using obfuscation to prevent sharing, you should only ever share through approved means and totally, totally not search for one of many browser plugins that will take a full sreenshot of the site you are on, from top to bottom of the scrollbar because that's eeeeeeevil :wink:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

OMB: This is the cost assessment FY17.

WH: This isn't the assessment we asked for *scratches out presidential domestic travel costs, fires OMB admins until someone willing to lie publishes it*

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Vib Rib posted:

Scott Stantis and the descent into madness.

Fucks like you thought it would be cool and edgy to establish yourselves as counterculture warriors for the Clinton administration, equivocating endlessly on BOTH SIDES bullshit, and got someone who is now making a task force to pin crimes by some immigrants on all immigrants, burning cash on the military and wall, warmongering over the middle east and reassuring us that, in an ecosystem where it is hard enough to be careful with the drugs that go in your body, that killing the FDA really is happening.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Even the alt-right is embracing whaddaboutism. An incredibly good cartoon.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Telnaes is seriously losing her edge. The last few comics she's drawn miss great rhetorical opportunities or just don't....make any sense.

Like, Trump consumes daytime Fox News reporting on the job. Guy drinks up Breitbart articles and has accepted them as truth since before he even ran for prez. Drinking from a bottle is a bad metaphor for twitter overuse, and if it's a "drinking the koolaid" line Ann wants to push here, why not label those bottles "FOX," "ETF," and Bretibart?

Ann Telnaes posted:

President Trump tweets without providing evidence that President Barack Obama wiretapped his Trump Tower office and calls the former president a “bad (or sick) guy.” Someone is unhinged and needing of help, but it’s not the former president

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 6, 2017

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Stop. Conflating. Dissimilar. Items.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I see we are back to the, "these lefties can't deny an argument founded upon a core of death=bad, let's compare communism and fascism in uninteresting ways, frame the relaively-moderate economic tenets of Classic Liberalism or Social Democracy as communistic and checkmate these Libtards"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

loquacius posted:

W/r/t conflating fascism with communism, or conflating New-Deal social-democratic capitalism with communism?

Because one of those things is dumber than the other, but both have happened in the last two pages and fit your post p well

You're giving me too much credit, but yes

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Fulchrum posted:

You get how this works?

Having seen my share of political venn diagrams people draw up to try to support shaky analysis, hoooo boy yes.

A good, what, third? quarter? of the AGC in this thread is enabled by awful, overly-simplistic contrasts drawn between items meant to be intellectual killshots that underscore the artist's own gross incompetence or lack of information

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 13, 2017

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

This post was gong to be a list of quoted A Good Cartoon examples, but Jesus I can't pick. Just hit the back button and pay attention to comics with tu quoque / "no u" punchlines.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:dukedoge: :fh:

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 21, 2017

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Johnny Walker posted:

Sometimes the denial of reality just gets to be too much for me. I mean you don't like Obamacare, fine, I admit it has problems. But how you can sit there and legitimately try to make it look like the Republican plan is an example of Republicans being staunch and sober conservatives in the face of Democratic recklessness is just beyond me. Millions of people will lose health insurance. A number of those people will die as a direct result. This is literally what the plan will do.

The richest loving bit is how there's no mandate in the AHCA to get insurance but you also can't be turned down for pre-existing conditions.

This is the fiscally responsible party.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Shangri-Law School posted:

But if you draw what specific Democrats are actually doing, how can you portray them all as worthless centrists?

Happy World Water Day!

:smith:

I'm the people of Flint the GOP continues to gently caress today. Good thing they're seeing so much attention on this of all day- :suicide:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm digging the fact that Garrison would rather reach decades into the past than talk about Trump's present policies and issues.

I am the face of Jeff Sessions carrying bags of money over his shoulder while burning in Hell.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

KillerQueen posted:

Satans wife kinda looks like Melania

It's also reminiscent of how he's drawn Michelle Obama.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

What the loving gently caress is this trying to tell me

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Keep loving bragging about there being sufficient cause for four FISA warrants on your savior's team, you loving hack.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Arglebargle III posted:

What does this mean? It was Obama hacking the DNC the whole time?!

yes there are grammar errors, gently caress you i'm typing while furious

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I will never understand Kirschen well enough to get a glimpse on how his views are consistent from his frame of reference.

Every time I feel like I'm getting close, bam. I don't know what parts of my own worldview need to be dropped or modified to be able to appreciate his work.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Internet Webguy posted:

They should be more concerned about the quicksand they're sinking into than internet privacy.

"I'm being murdered for DNC CNN SCANDAL!"

Meanwhile, splattered across the walls of the rest of the house,

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:phone: Holy poo poo, it turns out someone actually knew the names of Americans on phone calls and in meetings with Russian officials?

:phoneb: Yes, we caught Trump officials discussing American policy with Russian agents we've been tracking under FISA law.

The above conversation, ladies and gentlemen, is interpreted by /r/the_donald and /pol/ as a Good Thing for Them

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Regalingualius posted:

I don't get it.

https://twitter.com/JohnnyMcNulty/status/849040944401985536

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Hazamuth posted:

Somehow this seemed a better idea ten minutes ago.

:five: :gizz: :five:

The King shits, and the Hand wipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Fully-geared riot police drinks liquid sugar, enters diabetic shock

• Locked thread