Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Crain posted:

They've gone on record saying that the company loving hates what Trump is doing to their brand.
What are people going to remember, that statement (that I hadn't heard before now) or 30,000 Tweets™ from Trump that plunged the world into chaos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've seen a lot of these so far and this is the one that makes Obama's supporters look like losers or obsessed wackos the least. I mean, the underwear...

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's probably literally this inside his mind but he wouldn't be frowning about it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I don't like this one because in Taxi Driver, much to my surprise, he was redeemed in the end.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mr. Squishy posted:

You misread the film.
Maybe. It's been a long time.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hey I'm a bit behind on things, where did "Alternative Facts" come from?
Trump's press secretary said a bunch of the kind of complete bullshit we should expect nonstop for the next few years at least, and then some communications lady in an interview afterwards said he was saying "alternative facts".

Edit: these are not just some TV talking heads these are some of Trump's top people, waging a war on the very concept of being right or wrong about things. If they keep up this pace it will be the end of America as we know it not in several years like I thought, but in a couple of months.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 24, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Weird BIAS posted:

This poo poo irritates me so much, draw a woman older than 40 like a loving human being you pieces of poo poo.
Am I the only one who only associates "get off my lawn" with old men?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Honestly this is among the better possible outcomes for this presidency.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I feel like he missed some lies that came between the third and fourth ones.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Erenthal posted:

This is the dumbest goddamn thing, even for a nazi.
Things like this make me wonder if its not just the symbols people are messing up, rather they don't actually know the USSR broke up.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

tyblazitar posted:

It will never cease to infuriate me how MRAs only talk about actual issues facing men as a way to stick it to feminists.
I'm not normally someone on the Reddit hate train I can't even believe how bad they are for this, no matter how many times I see it. Like holy poo poo, not just some buried subreddit but every single top voted comment on anything about women anything. A million guys saying "Wait I hear something! There's a discussion happening somewhere that isn't about guy problems! I'm off!"

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jan 27, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Interesting that health care is the bottom of the stack and thus most fundamental, even before national security, and way before the truth.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Keeping calm is for when your country is under attack by bombs and stuff from a foreign country, not when there is a cancer inside your society.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What's with the hammers?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

Pink Floyd's The Wall uses hammers as the symbol for Neo-Nazis in the movie version.
Oh, I knew that image but didn't make the Nazi connection.

So what, the press corps is also Nazis?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Great, now my mental image of that scene in The Shining is replaced by this.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh yeah I remember all those times Obama personally insulted Fox reporters.

I absolutely don't remember Trump literally making a crude menstruation joke on TV about one of them.

edit: speaking of this, same as when Bill was having his blowjob scandal I am surprised how much you can actually say on the news nowadays when the situation demands it. Besides gross Trump stuff, The U of Washington is running a class titled "Calling Bullshit in the Age of Big Data" and the Seattle Times at least wrote it as-is.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jan 30, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ambitious Spider posted:

Maybe that would have worked better if Giuliani wasn't on tv talking about how they were trying to literally legally create a Muslim ban without calling it such.

Though even without it's pretty drat obvious
Also I think a lot of people voted for Trump because they thought he wasn't going to try to lawyer them, but that's exactly what this is, only way worse than an actual lawyer.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Trapezium Dave posted:

It's a little surreal that Trump isn't even president yet in Tinsley's universe.
Yeah, he's gonna do so much damage before the duck even gets to him.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

achillesforever6 posted:

Guy at work who is "socially liberal fiscally conservative" was telling me how he thought that what Trump was doing was stupid and morally awful, buuuuuuuuuuut non citizens aren't protected by the constitution so legally people can't do anything and its ridiculous to sue. I'm sure that probably isn't true.
I guess the simple response to that is, why can't the police just throw every immigrant they see into jail forever without a trial, since clearly many would like to? There must be something constitutional holding most of them back.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

KillerJunglist posted:

Hmmmm yes hmmm... I wonder how those two things could be different... hmmmm... HHMMMMMMMMM....
I was gonna say "they chose to be Trumps you complete shithead" but I guess the children kinda didn't.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Feb 1, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Vib Rib posted:

Individuals vs groups?
His children don't have much in common with each other other than Trump knocked up their respective mothers so that's kind of like a group.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Vib Rib posted:

But as far as I understand it, the request was "design for my family", right? It wasn't like each member of the family individually went out seeking a tailor?
Oh, maybe.

Anyway if we were talking about them like a clan, which they might become of they become the first imperial family of America, it could be a somewhat valid comparison. There's lots of horrific clan discrimination over in Somalia which America is closer to becoming than it has been in a while.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Feb 1, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Hey Twitter, your logo is being shown literally loving America now. Maybe it's time to do some serious PR work or something?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is it even worth it to point out GOP hypocrisy anymore? It doesn't work. I mean, maybe some of them secretly cry themselves to sleep over what they have become but they come in the next morning ready to debase themselves same as the day before. And most of them probably don't have Trump's excuse of having a legit personality disorder.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Feb 2, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wow, so it's literally "we became Nazis and its all your fault liberals"?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There are some strong cartoons here against the administration but the most scary account of a possible future I read is where critical cartoons and op-ed pieces and stuff continue like now, only no one who can make a difference reads them or cares.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Literally yes as hell. I learned about the restrictions on free speech at least in high school, if not before.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Discendo Vox posted:

Crossposting something relevant from BSS:

The media was working so hard to prevent fascism back then, but then the effort just kinda dropped off and here we are.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Angepain posted:

I didn't even know cookies had a gender.
I assume they have a grammatical gender in Spanish and German and stuff.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
How am I supposed to known what this means if the axe isn't labeled?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
When the hell was this promise? All I ever heard from most of the GOP is that they would be good little toadies.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Awww, look at the cute little drug cartel.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There need to be way more Reagan reacting to Trump cartoons if the right's mental block is ever going to get cracked.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

loquacius posted:

One the one hand there is a serious disconnect there and people hero-worship both of them simultaneously anyway, but on the other hand this is kind of like a conservative saying "there need to be way more MLK reacting to Obama cartoons if the left's mental block is ever going to get cracked".
Did Obama do things that would have sickened King? Reagan was Reagan but he was still a public servant as far as I know, and any public servant should look at Trump and be sickened. And that's leaving aside the cold war stuff.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 7, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shugojin posted:

I dunno about sickened but in many ways Obama was the white moderate that King specifically called the biggest problem.
You're probably right about that but King was used to dealing with them. I dunno if Reagan would have anticipated someone like Trump following in his footsteps.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What the poo poo?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SomeMathGuy posted:

Trump can't grab Justice by the pussy because there's a mouse trap.
My first thought was it was for dicks and I was confused and worried for everyone involved. Why "preservative"?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
English lacks an inclusive/exclusive distinction for "us" so my first thought was she was smugly telling the nonwhite boy that he is screwed.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Feb 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Roland Jones posted:

That is what it's saying. The original is slightly different; you're looking at an edit.
Wow, they looked basically the same on my smartphone screen.

• Locked thread