Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pants Donkey posted:

Here's the wall of shame from 2016:

Well at least I'm not at the TOP of the list :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wheany posted:

I skip almost all posts without cartoons. Also most vintage and non-English cartoons. And I don't even try to make sanse of the British cartoons. Makes the thread a lot more manageable.

Stephen Collins' surreal pieces are part of what helps keep me sane. That and Kelly, of course.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cloud Potato posted:

Pilchenstein posted:

Here's a Collins that I don't think's been posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Doesn't he have some of the highest approval ratings of any outgoing president?:lol:

If you discount all those fake percentage points though and look at the REAL approval rating he's actually got the lowest approval rating of any outgoing President.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Should have Michelle holding Obama's ankles hauling him with all her might the other way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Somfin posted:

Jesus wasn't exactly a violence-is-good sort of dude.

Ummm, don't you remember when the soldiers came to arrest him and Peter cut off that one dude's ear? Jesus was all,"Peter duuuuude that poo poo was totally sick :hfive:"

GOD it sometimes feels like I'm the only one who has read the Bible!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Man, growing up and learning that lots of Americans didn't explicitly learn that Jesus talked in metaphors like I did in Sunday school was pretty shocking. I thought that was the literal whole idea of him, and the Bible in general.

I grew up just taking it as read that Adam & Eve was a metaphor, it was a hell of a rude awakening to discover a significant portion of the world takes it as a literal story.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

duz posted:

When you're famous they let you do what ever you want.

Don't be ridiculous, did you learn nothing from last year? :rolleyes:

When you're famous they let you do what ever you want.... unless you're a woman.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

What basis would they ban him on?

He said Meryl Streep was overrated. I'm fairly certain that should automatically get you the death penalty.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

beepsandboops posted:

Does anybody have that old (like early 20th century) toon about the differences between the generations? I remember one side said "how it used to be" and had a picture of a woman properly dressed, sitting upright, reading the bible; the other side had a woman slouching, smoking, reading a magazine.

I love all of the "here's the problem with TODAY'S generation" toons from the past, it really emphasizes that poo poo has always stayed the same

EDIT: found it

And as always, the inescapable conclusion to modern eyes is that the "after" woman looks boss as gently caress.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Or..... can I? :getin:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pants Donkey posted:

EDIT: Looking forward to comics about Trump and piss :unsmigghh:

What's all this now?
Reads up on the news
I'm somehow not even surprised.... :sigh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mister Beeg posted:

At least one (left wing) cartoonist said he's not gonna do a cartoon about it, because he found it too gross to even touch on.

I've only vaguely read up on it so far but the whole thing is unverified, right? At least so far.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well that's fair enough I guess, pizzagate somehow remains a thing despite how patently ludicrous it is. Donald Trump pays ladies to piss on stuff out of spite at least sounds plausible!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Maybe the Obamas left a jellyfish in the bed and one of those Institute Pros giving Trump a presentation got stung by one? Did any of you ever think of that, huh?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Abyssal Squid posted:

I thought so but apparently there's something to it:

http://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818990655418617856

To be fair, a 13 year old kid could tweet "Lol fggot die in fire faggit" and Trump would reply angrily insisting that isn't true and the kid is sad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Breaks my heart that Trump hired Russian hookers instead of good ol' fashioned American ones :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Plan Z posted:

loving Buzzfeed.

In his volcano lair, hooked up to a young person's blood, Peter Thiel reads Donald Trump's furious Twitter account. He picks up the phone and grunts,"Get me Hulk Hogan, we're going back to war."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He can't hear her over the sound of Michelle Obama honking the horn and screaming at him to get his rear end in the car.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Yeah, but think of all the donors to the Clinton Foundation that Hillary would be beholden to.

Not to mention that she did the e-mail thing and hackers might have found out about her desire to know where the State Department was on gefilte fish!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

M'Garrison's response when Trump inevitably doesn't have George Soros arrested will be:

A cartoon of a crying pink-haired SJW saying,"Why isn't anybody angry about Trump not arresting Soros!?!", next to a smug farmer-looking dude saying,"We're worried about IMPORTANT things" while a :smug: Trump shovels coal into an engine that says,"Humming American Economy". A pressure gauge on the engine reads "Obama/Sub-Normal/All Cylinders/MAGA" and the arrow is pointing to MAGA.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That the lady is correct?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Johnny Walker posted:

The worst part is his denial of clime change.

It's the weath, stupid.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gotta agree with this, why isn't Obama giving the medal to Jimmy Carter? :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

But with Obamacare gone that guy will get reasonable insurance at an affordable price, right? :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cat Mattress posted:

I want Trump to confiscate guns.

Just to see Garrison's (lack of) reaction. It would be funny.

I can easily imagine the majority of Republicans (apart from the NRA nutcase true believers) just crowing that they achieved what the Democrats failed to do when in power, "Because we get things done!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

...y.... yes? :confused:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pants Donkey posted:

See it's good people are losing health care, because instead of crushing insurance costs they'll DIE when they get sick!

Imagine the horror of being Canadian, though. You get really sick and you go to the hospital and you have to wait HOURS to be treated.

Then you get treated.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't think I've seen this Rodney Dangerfield movie, but I'd like to!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

gently caress I'm so tired of this "UGH CELEBRITIES AND THEIR DUMB OPINIONS!" bullshit. How dare those evil monsters use their First Amendment rights!

I don't know, I kinda agree that celebrities should stay out of politics. Specifically TV celebrities. More specifically reality TV celebrities!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

loving Isis :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's.... beautiful

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

King Possum III posted:

This was the only one I could find;

Nah I'm sure this guy would be happy with Trump serving less than 4 years too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Y...yes? :confused:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I always imagine a cartoon Michelle Obama just out of frame in these cartoons, honking the car horn and shouting at Barack to hurry up so they can finally get the gently caress out of the garbage fire that is national politics.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Did Reed Richards write this article? Because that is one hell of a stretch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

neongrey posted:

loving voter turnout.

"Pfft, it's not like my one vote would make a difference" said 40+% of the voting population.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mister Beeg posted:

Yep, and that actually pissed off a lot of people when it first came out. Fiorello La Guardia, mayor of New York City at the time, had to call for police protection at the offices of Marvel Comics because they got so many death threats against them.

"Captain America" was, quite literally, created as a political statement against the Nazis.

If I remember right some pro-Nazi thugs showed up at Marvel offices wanting to pick a fight and Jack Kirby rolled up his sleeves and was gonna go out and beat the poo poo out of them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MikeyTsi posted:

We've succeeded in our goal to keep Obama a two-term president!

Interesting that the Republicans ended up adopting the same strategy the Democrats used during the Bush years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Roland Jones posted:

In his first appearance as White House Press Secretary, Sean Spicer lied adamantly about Trump's inauguration and claimed it was the biggest ever, "period". People ripped into this and provided proof he was wrong.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Trump's press secretary said a bunch of the kind of complete bullshit we should expect nonstop for the next few years at least

I'm just happy that Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf has found new work, even if he had to change his name to Sean Spicer.

• Locked thread