Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is it even worth it to point out GOP hypocrisy anymore? It doesn't work. I mean, maybe some of them secretly cry themselves to sleep over what they have become but they come in the next morning ready to debase themselves same as the day before. And most of them probably don't have Trump's excuse of having a legit personality disorder.

As Chapo pointed out, they have repeatedly shown they don't care about Republican hypocrisy so it's pointless and a waste of time to treat it as some sort of "gotcha" that'll get them on your side.

World Famous W posted:

I am almost convinced that Red Panels is a long con troll. It has to be. The mask slips to much. Still, pretending to be a nazi or actually being one are both heinous things so gently caress 'em to hell and back.

Ironic racism is still racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

One side of the argument is provable false, agc.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Mystic Mongol posted:

The oxford comma promotes legibility, dignity, and civilization in general.

Well sure, if you don't want to waste effort in trying to understand the context of the list.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

My first thought was it was for dicks and I was confused and worried for everyone involved. Why "preservative"?

http://i.imgur.com/khXaSMb.gifv

duz
Jul 11, 2005

BarbarianElephant posted:

I think Democrat politicians try not to patronize people by explaining the bloody obvious, that refugees are vetted. Problem is, most people are so ignorant that they do need this explained.

No one ever went broke (or lost reelection) underestimating the intelligence of the public.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Figures he'd think their portrayal of Clinton was positive.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

So Musk's plan is to kill all humans with poisonous gases?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IPAOxrH7Ro

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Spiffster posted:

But Gary and Glenn are different shades of terrible... it's hard to compare

Yes, but one of them has a career with Universal Pictures and can be pressured into being a less vocal rear end in a top hat.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Ironic racism is still racism.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

HAT FETISH posted:

The gently caress is this

Welcome to the school of Penny Arcade web cartooning.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Fangz posted:

Does anyone ever think 'gosh I wish Asay was still around, would be interesting seeing his take'?

No. We've got enough new shitheads, we don't need to bring back old ones.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

21 Muns posted:

Gonna :toxx: here: if PizzaGate is real and Podesta is convicted for it - or if it's not real and he's convicted for it anyway - literally ban me from this website. I'm fine with it being permanent. I encourage everyone else to do this same :toxx: because Garrison is a dipshit who says inflammatory stuff that there's no loving way he actually believes in and I want to demonstrate that we're both smarter and better than him.

Boy, you sure you want to risk your account like that?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

The Republicans were the monster on the wing. A Shatner was right cartoon.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Just because you say it happened, doesn't mean it happened Gorrell.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Skeley is projecting so much I just saw a Thanos stinger.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Kerning Chameleon posted:

How are you people signing things like ID cards and legal documents?

I make a squiggle. Turns out if they want something legible, they ask you to print your name.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Stevoblunt posted:

Sure, a's long as you don't mind paying 4 dollars for a cucumber or a 2 dollars for a tomato. Americans sure don't seem to understand that the reason they have cheap goods is because of the exploitation of foreign workers.

They understand, they just don't care.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Radish posted:

Not only is it unusual but GOP politicians are literally hiding from these events in order to not get yelled at and in some cases using Giffords as an example of dangerous citizens.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.b2862bc323dd

But those were just surveyor marks and not a threat at all?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

Do we really want outright Nazi white supremacist comics here? There's enough of that covertly.

For some reason people like posting lovely webcomics in here. :shrug:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Edit: n/m

Straub seems like a cool dude.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Saint Sputnik posted:

Be prepared for at least one "Game over man, game over!" cartoon in the next few days
e: Beaten, but in my defense I have cat mattress on ignore for reasons I can't even remember.

That's not a very good defense for your post.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

I wrote a python program to get around having to click "download image". Clearly I'm too lazy for 2 minutes in GIMP. :qq:

I've mentioned it before when I've posted them, but The Nib/Matt Bors has a tumblr where the comics are posted as single images instead of multiple.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Potato Salad posted:

Regarding multi-imaged comics or comics otherwise using obfuscation to prevent sharing, you should only ever share through approved means and totally, totally not search for one of many browser plugins that will take a full sreenshot of the site you are on, from top to bottom of the scrollbar because that's eeeeeeevil :wink:

Or use Windows' built in Snipping tool.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Sandpuppy posted:

Cool story, bro

"10 minutes later, it was no big deal."
That kind of sounds like he spent 10 minutes jacking off or something.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Kellyanne was making herself less-than-appropriately comfortable on her boss's couch.

Yeah, but did you see this picture of Obama putting his feet up on an ottoman?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Shadowed Bacon posted:

State of fear by Michael Crichton, of Jurassic Park fame. The plot is global warming is made up by murderous (possibly suicidal) eco-terrorists, that drive Prius's and use super exotic blowfish to kill instead of guns, so that people will give them money to fight global warming. Also: Hollywood types are hypocrites for using airplanes, petrified forests prove logging is good, cannibal tribes, and made up sonic digging equipment that can make earthquakes that cause tidal waves.

I cannot overstate the pettiness and stupidity of it all.

All of Crichton's books are reactionary pieces about man's hubris.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Fates End posted:

...the smoke is unlabeled. Is he seriously making the argument that yes, Trump works for Russia, but Democrats being mad about him working for Russia is far worse?

Yes, just like a white person being called a racist is much worse than being a racist.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Regalingualius posted:

Wh
What
:psyduck:

Does he seriously not know what a witch hunt actually is?

This is the guy that drew a briefcase in front of a judge and labeled it "The Case for The Immigration Ban".

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Only trump is dumb enough to get caught in a mousetrap. AGC.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

Last I checked Signal and Whatsapp weren't mentioned at all in the Vault 7 docs

I think they were mentioned in the sense that they can get around their encryption by just hacking the device instead. They haven't actually been compromised despite what Todd Rall & the press say.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

PALESTINIAN Territories

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Cloks posted:

A good First Dog (unironically).

What do you mean unironically? They're all good first dogs, brent.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Sardine Wit posted:

Where are these loving weird public bathrooms where toilets aren't in lockable stalls? Do americans just have a line of open toilets up against the far wall or something?

To save on materials, a lot of stall door/walls only go down to shin height. Due to poor build quality, there's usually an inch gap between the panels as well.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Flipperwaldt posted:

Try to avoid flagrant spelling errors next time.

Why should he put in more effort than Tinsley?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

quote:

Kellyanne Conway, President Trump's senior adviser, said her comments on using a microwave oven as a surveillance device had been taken out of context.

She didn't give the context they were meant in, instead she said she wasn't Inspector Gadget. No, really, she told CNN she wasn't Inspector Gadget and can't explain how, in her words, "microwaves ... turn into cameras".

duz fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 14, 2017

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Pentaro posted:

She meant microwave ovens? For some reason I thought she was talking about literal energy waves, which was amazing in a weird sci-fi sort of way. :downs:

Yes, she very clearly heard about the Vault 7 leaks and got very confused as to what was meant by turning IoT devices into covert microphones.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

loving christ people, if you're going to respond to Fulchrum, at least do it in the form of an edited political cartoon so you can at least pretend to be on topic.

I don't think this GIF from the Nib was posted yet:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

T-man posted:

...what the hell is a 'white house Easter egg'?

The White House hosts an annual east egg hunt. To commemorate the event, they have special egg shaped gifts made up for those invited.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Xander77 posted:

With the death of Save Images on firefox, what's a good way to save all the images in a single tab / multiple tabs?

I use flashgot, as a bonus it lets you save flash videos as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

That episode first aired 24 years ago.
Hope everyone feels old now.

• Locked thread