Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Is the store (EU) hosed for anyone else? I can't buy anything without it giving me the "We've encountered an error while processing your order. Please try again later." error. At least they're being specific.

E: Can't add funds to the wallet either without getting some vague error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah, I've had it before too for some unknown reason but it just started happening suddenly and I wondered if anyone else was having problems too if it was just the store being broken.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hmm, still no dice though. Gonna have to keep trying. The one time I want to do impulse purchases on PSN and they won't let me. :argh:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The new webstore is bafflingly awful. I thought they'd just clear your wishlist for tech reasons or something so I had it backed up, but nope, they just axed it entirely. What a cool idea! I was also reverted back to my native language store and it's like the whole thing's been put through google translate and it makes no sense. The games no longer show titles underneath the box art, which is often completely illegible. Such low effort poo poo all around.

E: Found this, at least: psprices.com

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The iOS Playstation app still has the old mobile store, which isn't perfect but largely like the old browser one, and it has my wishlist on it, too!

Or it will, until Sony updates the app to use the poo poo store.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

One of the funniest things is to browse PSPrices and look at the graph of Vita games being on sale. There's barely any that have been on sale since 2018.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Iacen posted:

Trying to buy this for my VR: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP2086-CUSA11802_00-DREAMMATCHTENNIS

Is it just me or are there no purchase button?

I think I managed to download DLC for it(??)

This new store is kinda trash...

I'm not getting a purchase button on the webstore either, but I get one using the PlayStation app on iOS. There's a demo for that too it seems, wouldn't have known without looking for it on the app.

Really, the iOS PS app is the best place to shop PSN right now. gently caress that poo poo-rear end webstore and the console store, they're worthless.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Not least with them selling a console that's digital only. Talk about taking a step forward and two steps back and stumbling straight into a toilet.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Welp, the PlayStation app is getting an update so I guess we can kiss the old store goodbye.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1321501761975259136?s=20

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Webstore didn't work for me but phone app worked. Well, "worked," because for some reason I couldn't add the games into a basket but had to buy them individually. I'm not amazed they made the store worse, it's just how much worse they made it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Diddler posted:

This link currently works to access the old version of the store, complete with old-fashioned technology like game titles.

Thank you. Seriously.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Whoa, you get the titles in actual text? When I browse this poo poo-rear end store all I see is the box art, 99% of which is drat near indecipherable to the point where I have to squint to figure out what the game title is.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Well, that old PS Store link posted earlier in the thread is dead now. Farewell, usable old webstore. :(

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, it must be just for EU then because that takes me to the new store. :(

E: Also Black Friday sales are up and there are some doozies there.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Just use psprices.com to search for deals and when you find one, use the store search to buy. The new store is such poo poo.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

So anyone know how to redeem this month's PS+ games? Because that absolute dogshit webstore doesn't have any way to redeem them, going to the games' pages shows no "purchase" or "redeem" buttons at all and clicking on the different editions does nothing.

E: The buttons to do those things were disabled for some reason even though I turned off adblockers and whatnot. I finally managed to get the games on the iOS app but not before jumping through a ton of hoops with having to log in twice (and having to enter the text-message code), accepting cookies on three different pages and of course, having to get the games individually meant I got loving e-mail receipt spam.

This is the worst the Playstation store has ever been. Christ, it's a pile of utter poo poo.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 4, 2020

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

They also removed the demo section entirely and asking for a good way to find demos the answer is "just search for "demo" lol"

Cut to getting a zillion results for demos and every loving thing ever made with "Demon" in it and no way to organize the results.

The new store is a humongous piece of poo poo goddamn.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

There seem to be multiple versions of the Persona 5 Royal game on sale, and I’m looking for a very long and slow rpg. Is any of the DLC worth grabbing before I start the game? I played Shin Megami Tensei on PS2 but don’t think I’ve played a JRPG in years, but I wanna try it out. Just don’t wanna skip out on deluxe or ultimate editions if they have good content or unique monsters or spells.

Yeah, there's some free DLC stuff, but I think the deluxe/ultimate bonus things are just extra costumes and a few super-strong personas you can break the game with but you won't need them. Just get the regular edition.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's so bad, super slow today too. Their crap security cert is giving me warning all over the place too and every page asks for cookie verification even though I've declined everything countless times. And it randomly logs me out too so I have to go through the whole thing of two-step verification through text messaging every time.

The games are still full price in some areas of the store and the PS+ page still shows last month's games. I just searched for them individually and finally got them. Weirdly there are two versions of Control: Ultimate edition but I went with the PS4/PS5 one and it seemed to give me both.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's been the first Tuesday of the month for a while now. I just installed Concrete Genie.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, d'oh. I'm in the EU, didn't think about the US. My bad.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Davincie posted:

Did they remove claiming psplus games from the website? I'm on the page of Destruction allstars and want to claim it but theres simply no button. I claimed the ps4 games on the console but that's not an option for the ps5 one.

This happens to me all the time too. Try clearing your cookies for the site.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Good news, the store has a wishlist feature again!

Bad news, it's still poo poo again!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I tried PS Now like a year ago with the free month trial or whatever and it was perfectly fine with a half-decent connection. It's also nice that you can download any PS4 game like normal from there. I played God of War 2 and had no noticeable lag either.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

So if they're going to keep servers going to download games you own, why not just keep the whole store up? Just because of maintaining the storefronts would be too expensive? I mean I guess folks aren't buying PS3/PSP/Vita games that much anymore but they are killing off that stream of revenue, however small, and still have to keep servers going for game downloads.

Weavered posted:

I enjoyed the Play without limits strapline, right at the bottom of an email where they cancel a console’s store.

Yeah, this stuck out to me too.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hey cool, Hitman 3 got a free starter pack with the Dubai level. Weirdly there's two Hitman 3 starter packs on the store which seem exactly the same, when you add one to your library the other one gets added too.

Also the download is 62GB. For one level. And it's separate from your Hitman 2 install unlike Hitman 3.

Huh?

E: Okay, so the Hitman 3 download works as the new "platform" for Hitman so you have to import the old levels to that and then get rid of the Hitman 2 install. On the plus side, the free starter pack adds all the H3 features and polish to the older levels for free like happened with H2.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 30, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Is the Battlefield V single player campaign as crap as all the others? Wait, does it even have one?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

eonwe posted:

BF V's campaign is comically bad

dont bother

Figures. Appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Overcooked (PS5), Hitman 2 and Predator Hunting Grounds (PS4) are apparently next month's PS+ games.