Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Agile Vector posted:

and those two gibson episodes of the x files

there's a good one...and a reeeealy bad one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Altaba sounds like a either a pyramid scheme or a reformulated cholesterol drug :geno:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

2019: Today Brazilian lumberjacks cut down the last tree in the rain forest.

A spokesman for the ACME Toothpick company said "Gee, that's too bad"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHLzJynuBEg

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

PALE SPECTRES posted:

eq

in the cyberpunk future i prolly need to take a break from the internet

in cyberpunk future-
internet breaks you!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

...or

but right now,
the internet needs a break from you!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

please dont share my lexx cosplay

lexx owns

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

extremely loving late but, hardware

yes

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

:awesomelon:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Powaqoatse posted:

hardware is awesome as gently caress but i dont really think its a good movie

yeah

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

infernal machines posted:

watch strange days

or maybe freejack

they're both terrible and grimy for their own reasons.

freejack is maybe the worst book adaptation, also maybe the worst movie starring Mick Jagger.

it's supposed to be based on Immortality Inc. by Robert Sheckley, which is really good proto-cyberpunk from the 50s.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Why American Farmers Are Hacking Their Tractors With Ukrainian Firmware

A license agreement John Deere required farmers to sign in October forbids nearly all repair and modification to farming equipment, and prevents farmers from suing for "crop loss, lost profits, loss of goodwill, loss of use of equipment … arising from the performance or non-performance of any aspect of the software." The agreement applies to anyone who turns the key or otherwise uses a John Deere tractor with embedded software. It means that only John Deere dealerships and "authorized" repair shops can work on newer tractors.

"If a farmer bought the tractor, he should be able to do whatever he wants with it," Kevin Kenney, a farmer and right-to-repair advocate in Nebraska, told me. "You want to replace a transmission and you take it to an independent mechanic—he can put in the new transmission but the tractor can't drive out of the shop. Deere charges $230, plus $130 an hour for a technician to drive out and plug a connector into their USB port to authorize the part."

"What you've got is technicians running around here with cracked Ukrainian John Deere software that they bought off the black market," he added.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Black Hawk vs. RC Fidget Spinner: 0 -1

https://nypost.com/2017/09/22/army-helicopter-hit-by-drone/

quote:

It was nearly Black Hawk down over Staten Island — when an Army chopper was struck by an illegally flying drone over a residential neighborhood, authorities said Friday.

The UA60 helicopter was flying 500 feet over Midland Beach alongside another Black Hawk, when the drone struck the chopper at around 8:15 p.m. Thursday, causing damage to its rotor blades.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

George posted:

prius looks like a computer mouse

where is the car for trackball users

toot toot

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Stymie posted:

it's not turtley enough for the turtle club :(

you bet your sweet rear end it is! :argh:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

if you fall under a 4.6 rating well uh we’re waiting for one of our competitors to “disrupt” that

that was a good Black Mirror ep.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

an economy based on social crypto-cred is literaly the plot of Down and out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow.

please don’t read or take his advice. he wrote maybe the dumbest sci-fi short story about nerds hacking their bodies with Linux and becoming super...and he named the story 0wnz0red:rolleye:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

haveblue posted:

also literally the plot of at least 1 episode of black mirror

yeah, but that was good.

in the Doctorow story it’s a post-scarcity world where “whuffie” has replaced money. and you earn whuffie by writing good blog posts or something.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

:laffo:fffffffffffff

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I was looking for that earlier but I got him confused with the guy who flipped out and threw a pizza at a black guy who sat down next to him at a bus stop

wasn’t that terrible lf-poster Blackbelt Bobman?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Check this out

Go and buy a box of the fat foamy earplugs that you have to roll up to put them in your ears (they have like 30db noise reduction)

Cut a pair of them in half with scissors, and take the rounded tips. Punch a hole in center or those with a leather punch or, if you haven't got one, an icepick or large nail.

Then get a set of cheap in-ear headphones and remove the rubber tips and stretch those foam things over the ends. Squeeze them down to install them in your ears. You now have the most comfortable headphones on the planet with the greatest possible noise reduction.

I was just on a flight with a child shrieking so loud that they had three wincing flight attendants trying to calm it down, and through my headphone/plugs I could barely even notice it. Fantastic

Or you could just buy some KOSS the Plug earbuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

the only milsf fan I have met was a guy who had a literal brain tumor

• Locked thread