Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
So will it be like groot where its just a celeb voice saying 'pika pika' or will he speak full sentences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

Finally we can see full penetration when Kirk bangs some space babes.

The Penis Directive
The Prime Erective

Sierra Nevadan posted:

Jurassic World 2 looks awesome. Dinosaurs on fire jumping off cliffs into the ocean.

Jurassic Park version of https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_Cliff could be nutso cool

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
John Waters Manson Family

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
When do we get hollywood Dr Slump?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Is her name pronounced Arita

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

DC Murderverse posted:

He’s producing A Star is Born with Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga, which comes out next year.

Weird, i was just wondering the other day if that would get remade soon

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tars Tarkas posted:

Meant to post this photoshop horror job last night:

Is his game superpower mrs incredible

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Young Freud posted:

It's also something that appeared after Cline's book, so it just begs the question, why isn't there some made-up 2030-2040s pop culture roaming about?

That would require creativity, something which doesnt interact with Rp1 in any sense

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

DC Murderverse posted:

based on everything i've heard and read about RPO, i am incredibly impressed that Cline had the self-control to not follow that with "...which is a song from the 1980s by Billy Idol"

actually, that paragraph is also very indicative of who exactly the book is aimed at: people who can picture "The 1980s" in their head. You point out that there's no description of the dance moves, but there's no description of anything. He literally just says that everything "indicate[s] that the time period is the late 1980s." in 20 years that will mean basically nothing to anyone picking up the book unless they have a preconceived notion of what the 1980s looked like. a 20-something in 2030 is gonna pick up this book and immediately say "this is loving garbage" because all of the references are going to be even more out of date; it's like one of those Looney Tunes shorts that no one watches anymore because it's just a series of caricatures of celebrities that most people don't remember. And those references are all it has going for it because this sort of story (even ignoring the blatant subtext of "just lose yourself in this world to get away from your troubles, nothing wrong with that!!) is told much more effectively in a million other books about unexciting white boys going on an adventure to save the world.

edit:

Like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Steps_Out

That was fun to read and imagine, i havent seen it in at least a decade. https://youtu.be/xOFG_qmoH8I

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mierenneuker posted:

There's barely any dialogue in Blame!. There's no way that could have a proper live action adaptation.

I want there to be one, but I just don't see it happening.

Is there narration? Could do it like that french movie that 12 Monkeys is a remake of.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

No, it's pretty much just a broken, ancient machine wandering through fantastical settings, either singlemindedly pursuing his mission or killing things in his way. And there's a touch of the focus character being an unreliable narrator, and a lot of questions raised that are purposefully never answered.

It's why it'd never survive being worked on by a major studio.

Well that's sorta Star Trek 1 and 4, but the machines are the antagonist

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

AceOfFlames posted:

How the hell have either of those given any answers? Bojack merely learned to be a slightly less crappy person and Night In The Woods explicitly ends with the main character going "We're all going to die, and it's going to hurt but that means it was meaningful so whatever, I guess?". How is that having any hope for the future?

I just don't understand the mentality of "You are going to fail but there is value in your struggle". I need results. Otherwise, why waste all that effort? As obnoxious as RPO sounds, if the world was destroyed by global warming, I'd also prefer to lock myself in VR because there's no way to fix the unfixable.

https://youtu.be/-bOKsOveYD0

The Anne Frank one might be interesting, a dad trying to get this book by his dead daughter published. Lots of crying :(

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Wonder Woman was basically WWII with the second 'i' haphazardly erased

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Howard the Duck grabs them and wishes for a pair of panties

And this is how thanos is defeated
Then howard gives the panties to Death and quack-cucks thanos

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
There are two star wars threads

Mierenneuker posted:

Hugh Jackman is actually playing PT Barnum. No animals (outside of a carriage drawn by two zebras for some reason?), just the all-singing all-dancing crap of the world.

Nice

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I hope that playa during the credits

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I hope 50 shades is bonkers but from the trailer it looks like a boring love triangle with one car chase for excitement

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

Alpha is the first film in the Dog Cinematic Universe with films planned until at least 2034.

https://youtu.be/gwC4ESJjvwA

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

Alpha ends with the first dog being frozen and then in the post credits scene he wakes up and is greeted by a grizzled Air Bud, flanked by his trusty sidekick Beethoven*, who tells him he is a Good Boy and needs to join the D.O.G.G.O. initiative.

*Dog not composer

We call ourselves the P.A.C.K.

What's the best dog-focused movie anyway? Lady and the Tramp's gotta be up there

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Thundercracker posted:

Regardless of quality, Robin Hood is gonna bomb hard. Who cares about Robin Hood in 2017? It seems studios haven't gotten the message that no one cares about English legends and old stories anymore.

I really don't know why "Origins" is still used as a subtitle. I reflexively associate it with lazy hackery.

I almost didn't play Dragon Age Origins for that reason.

Robin hood is very thematically relevant to modern times

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Timby posted:

That's because that whole thing was thoroughly hosed with. When Scott was originally developing it with Crowe in mind, the script was called Nottingham, and the idea was that the Sheriff of Nottingham and Robin Hood were the same person. Scott and the studio got cold feet and it was re-tooled into a traditional story.

So, the sherrif was creating a weak opposition to justify his tyranny, and then he cant stop it? Like that Force Awakens game?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gatts posted:

No “The Brightening: The First Bright” ? Or is that the 4th part that’s a prequel.

Bright with a Vengeance

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sinners Sandwich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcSMdhfKga4

Mama Mia 2: Here we Go Again with a post trailer cameo reveal that left me shaking

I'm surprised it wasnt bette midler or streisand

QuoProQuid posted:

Overboard is a gross movie and I’m really not sure how you can fix its problems in a gender-swapped remake

The remake looks worse, tbqh

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

joe football posted:

Was looking at the weekend box office returns and there are some really impressive bombs being put out this holiday/star wars season:
  • The Greatest Showman(3000 theater opening, reported $84 million budget) made $13 million through it's first weekend. No international numbers reported yet but it's a biopic about an American guy, the sort of movie that frequently do not get big international pushes

• Downsizing(2700 theaters, $68 million budget) made $5 million this wekend. Can't see weirdo sci fi dramedy making any money overseas

• Father Figures(2900 theaters, but a modest $25 million budget) made just $3 million. No reason to expect any international run for an R rated english language comedy

• Finally, John Cena animated vehicle Ferdinand(initial opening of 3600 theaters, $111 million budget) has made $34 million worldwide through two weeks
I dunno if the January failure dumping ground has expanded to December now or what but that's a lot of expensive fuckups over a couple weeks. They're all pretty commercial films that have no chance at major awards too

Ferdinand is reviewing well at least, it'll probably have legs for another month as parents take their kids to a movie if they're not old enough for star wars
Downsizing reviews ping it as a "think of those less fortunate" for liberals
I still want to see Showman, but it sounds more like a generic "follow your dreams" movie with barnum's name mad-libs'd in.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
How long til we get over-narrated trailers again

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Jfc three horror trailers before Shape of Water. Its christmas you fuckers, not halloween

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

https://youtu.be/xr4yK2ZW1wI

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

Isn't Black Christmas one of the first slasher films?

Fake edit: Just checked, it came out 4 years before Halloween.

Not sure if murder mystery ones would count, like the sherlock holmes on a train ones

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Timby posted:

That's yet another Roddenberry urban legend. There are at least three TV shows that beat them to it.

Did Ricky kiss lucy on camera?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I wonder what the most tonedeaf movie of 2018 will be

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Wheat Loaf posted:

Between stuff like Dark Tower, Justice League, Tom Cruise Mummy, that King Arthur movie and that King Arthur movie with Transformers, is 2017 the year Hollywood got over the cinematic universes fad?

I hope so but just today in the paper there was a quote from Kenny Branaugh about an agatha christie shared universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Wheat Loaf posted:

(I haven't seen this movie, but although I like more or less everything that's on this poster/cover, I have a sneaking suspicion that I wouldn't like it if I did.)

We saw that once in 7th grade biology but i cant remember anything about it, so its probably not very adventurous

• Locked thread