Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Random Stranger posted:

I just wish they'd spend a bit of it on giving her a new theme instead of that god awful one they used for her in Superman vs. Batman.

Why reinvent the wheel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Tars Tarkas posted:

Here's a way to make a Chinese co-production that isn't just pandering and includes worldwide cast members for maximum box office potential

also other films in early preproduction get blurbs, but not enough to tell anything about yet:

http://deadline.com/2017/01/passengers-producer-stephen-hamel-china-rally-car-unmanned-1201876420/

Olivier Megaton? Has the world just gone so crazy that we all just glanced past Olivier Megaton like it was a perfectly normal name for a human person?

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Was Sully actually good? I refused to see it when the trailers made it look like there was any kind of controversy about what happened. The real Sully was widely and immediately praised as a hero and any backlash at all was extremely minimal. I just don't know how or why you'd want to make that into a movie except as a way to counteract all the people who conflated the actual events of Sully with the fictional events of Flight.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

21 Muns posted:

What if the movie's soundtrack is made entirely of Queen songs that weren't written for Highlander

*The Highlander draws his sword to face down Kurrgan for the final time*
FLASH! AHHHH-AHHHHHHH!

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Shageletic posted:

Stars don't carry poo poo, and Cara is not even a star.

The only thing I've ever seen Cara Delevigne in was a commercial where they pretended I should know who Cara Delevigne is.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

raditts posted:

Uh the hallway fight is episode 2

Everyone calls it "the" hallway fight but it feels like 60% of the fight scenes in Daredevil take place in a hallway or stairwell.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm down for this so long as the group that comes together to fight the monsters are the Monster Squad.

Now there's a reboot worth making. Kids today are sorely uninformed about wolfman's nards.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

So reportedly two more characters they want for the DARK UNIVERSE is the Hunchback (of Notre Dame) and the Phantom (of the Opera.)

The should have the Hunchback (Richard III) and the Phantom (the Ghost Who Walks).

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Basebf555 posted:

Decades from now no one but a select few will remember that Jai Courtney era, something I'll always be able to say I lived through. Makes you think.

Whenever I see Jai Courtney's name, I picture Michael Jai White. I had to google him just now just to remember that he's "We couldn't afford Chris Evans."

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

LesterGroans posted:

It's pretty heartening that the general opinion of Reeves has turned around from "Whoa"/surfer dude jokes to considering him a good dude who makes dope movies.

I don't care how many duds he has made or will make in the future. Keanu Reeves has had a lifetime pass since Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

whydirt posted:

Don't forget about the dueling biopics of Prefontaine that came out almost on top of each other in the late 90s

Or the 80's body-swap comedy trifecta Like Father, Like Son, Vice Versa, and 18 Again

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Desperado Bones posted:

The whole tune when he gets in to his VR thing seems to be too, before the very electronic whatever-i'm-old-alreadyIcan'ttellthedifferencefromgenresanymore music starts.

Either you're really, really old, or not that old at all, because that song is "Tom Sawyer" by Rush and it came out in 1981.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
MadTV only ever had one good sketch and it was Kenny Rogers' Jackass.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Ape Agitator posted:

Since James Earl Jones is his dad, Luke is half black. But if you don't count ESB, Luke's mom is Jewish a Druish princess.

Funny, she doesn't look Druish.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

PenguinKnight posted:

Maybe they're just down with the clown :shrug:

I think the Alamo Drafthouse wouldn't cultivate a gang affiliation.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Moon Atari posted:

Nina is also a convenient rhyme with another commonly used rap word.

"Funky Cold Medina" is not as commonly used as you would think.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
I just read the words "untitled Playmobil movie" and it wasn't a joke or about an Asylum ripoff

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Michael Shannon starring in a screwball comedy. I'm definitely interested.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

mycot posted:

Does Russel Crowe just not exist in the same dimension as us and must be photoshopped into everything?

Clearly you never watched Virtuosity

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

GrandpaPants posted:

But what if the raptor had a gun

What if the raptor was a gun?

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Rough Lobster posted:

Clearly the military solution should be to weaponize 12 year old gymnasts.

A little soon to be making a movie about Larry Nassar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

Casimir Radon posted:

Why is Andrew Dice Clay in it? Why is he in anything anymore?

Because your motha's a hoo-ah. OOOOOOOOOOOOH!

• Locked thread