Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Angepain posted:

oh god what did Hal Hartley do

Nothing "bad", just that Trust is him making his own fanfiction about his love of Adrienne Shelley. Considering she and him were still on good terms when she died, I don't think there was anything "off color" going on, but it could seem that way especially if you watch it without the knowledge that she was like 24 at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Iron Crowned posted:

I may be the only person who though Event Horizon sucked

I assure you, a lot of people think it sucks.

They just all have bad taste :colbert:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I feel like there's collectively an hour's worth of entertaining moments in the entire Resident Evil film series

Nah, three of them are pretty great start to finish, for what they are. At the very least you gotta give it up for the first one.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sirotan posted:

The only good thing that came out of that is the Spanish version of the poster, which still makes me laugh:

loving hell lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm pretty sure the guy who did Skull Island 100% knows what to do with an MGS movie

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The literal corporate mandate from Disney is that there will be a Star Wars movie every year, forever.

Part of the reason I'm surprised there isn't a concentrated and serious push for Wheel of Time movies is that, if they're successful, you could have a movie every year or two for decades without even having to deviate from the books.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
All I remember from when I read CoT is that literally nothing happens in it. Jordan pulled the "let's just see things from other people's point of view without advancing the plot" before and (from what I understand, having not read AFFC) even worse than GRRM.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlestheHammer posted:

They should make a Metal Gear Movie and keep psycho mantis reading your memory card.

Every screening of the film, there's a part where he calls out by name someone who bought their ticket in advance from their phone/computer.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Memphis is the capital in AC: Origins and I'm totally sure they did their research

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

basic hitler posted:

I thought cleopatra and the ptolmeys resided in alexandria

She's a usurper though, I'm only about 1/3 through the story but I could have sworn they were saying Memphis is the "official capital". I could be wrong.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’ve heard Rogue is good but got overshadowed by the other games

It also got overshadowed by being released on "the old console" and also by Unity sucking on toast

Seriously I hope whoever decided "let's release two AC games simultaneously, one of which is great and one of which is horribly boring" got fired or demoted. It's just so weird that they did that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FlamingLiberal posted:

Did they finally abandon the stupid modern stuff in Origins or is that still being shoehorned in

It's still in but they are very very short segments that take like 5 minutes tops. at least so far in my game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
well they also pulled the alien poo poo out when it was not remotely necessary, and at first it was okay nebulous Chariots of the Gods type stuff but then they just kept making it dumber

and then they pulled the "what if templars were the good ones?!?!?!?!" for like 4 straight games and at this point everyone in the modern day stuff works for abstergo because i guess they're the good guys now

hell i dunno i don't pay attention to that part of the games

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rirse posted:

I thought she killed him at the end of the movie with Pugsy spooking him?

Nah he shows up at the end looking like a mini Raul Julia iirc

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The MSJ posted:

Sam Rockwell as Dubya

:perfect:

E: And yeah The Good Guys was really... good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh whoops. I was thinking of The Nice Guys. The Other Guys does suck.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
rampage actually looks good! hooray Rock movies.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tars Tarkas posted:

I almost forgot, I saw this trailer last night at the theater for a Samson movie from one of the Christian studios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TXaC3GjuJo

Rutger Hauer gettin' that paper I see.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Biblical Cinematic Universe

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Guy Mann posted:

I always get it confused with Cleanflix which is not something anyone would want to be associated with.

That documentary on Cleanflix is insane. I think it's still on Netflix.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Powaqoatse posted:

is it uh the tickle doc (forgot the name), on that quality?

It's certainly as bizarre as that, yeah.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DorianGravy posted:

I saw a trailer for Rampage before Justice League. What percentage of movie-goers are even familiar with Rampage? Did the games even have a plot? It seems like an odd choice for a movie.

I don't think they're really worried about people caring about the game tie-in, that's just a bonus. But also, to people around my age, gently caress yeah Rampage was awesome!

Now where's my Gauntlet movie. WIZARD NEEDS FOOD... BADLY

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wish they'd just give up on this version of the DCU and start it over with someone who has a plan and good ideas.

They could even have their cake and eat it too by just doing Crisis On Infinite Earths.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What's the worst part of Justice League, the Snyder parts or the Whedon reshoots?

It's sad that the Injustice games work better as DC films than the actual DC films.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Wasn't it Amazing Spiderman 2 that made a ton of profit but was still enough of a "failure" to kill that reboot?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Why didn't they just let Superman have facial hair instead of CG-ing his mustache off, like nothing about that situation makes sense to me

Also lol at Batman's Disappearing Widow's Peak

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grendels Dad posted:

Dark Jurassic Park City.

Hell, I'd watch it. Wanna see Riff Raff get in a knife fight with a velociraptor.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Calaveron posted:

Making the indominus a mindless killer and also able to literally become invisible turned the movie into a simple slasher

Yeah, it was the best part of the movie.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

is this even the best he could even show off

because if so... yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
anna kendrick would make the perfect daphne

rachel bloom for velma