Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Jitzu_the_Monk posted:

Am I correct in my understanding that Perez supported TPP while Ellison did not? If so, that seems to be a good argument for supporting Ellison.

That is their one and only policy difference, yes, but seeing as how Perez was Secretary of Labor, what substantive argument do you have to make against TPP?

In other words, I'd be happy with either :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

NathanScottPhillips posted:

I love it, a few months ago I literally got probated for saying that the DNC rigged it against Bernie and today Perez says the same thing. Glad to see the worthless mod who probated me was eliminated in the recent purges.

:yikes:

Just came in to see what was going on with Buttgieg.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's typical for serial killers to perfect their methods over their career. Clinton probably had a lot of messy attempts back in the day, had evolved into a more skilled killer by the time she convinced Vince Foster to kill himself, and has now perfected her craft to the point where she is not even suspected by a suspicious public, even when she has the most obvious of motives.

failure to mention the foul assassin Benjamin Ghazi

0/10

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

thechosenone posted:

Interesting, would have been nice to hear about it in the day to day campaign instead of trump stuff.

It's almost like the media didn't cover her fairly, and you, by not taking your civic duty seriously and doing some research, and instead kvetching because mommy didn't bake you cookies, are being a ginormous moron right now trying to relitigate the primary and the campaign?

So is Ellison a lock for this, now, or what?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

thechosenone posted:

Well look on the bright side, at least asking questions means you want to learn! :)

Hey, here's a question: why are you making GBS threads up this thread, and not talking about you know, the actual loving thread topic, you three-neuroned thicko?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

thechosenone posted:

I guess it is true that that is not an interrogative statement. I really mean it though, she really goofed up on that. Heck she could probably have drowned out the e-mail stuff if she had talked about that instead of trump.

Oh, you're the moron who sat in the culture war thread for three days who couldn't figure out why people shouldn't murder each other, like a little toddler.

It's pretty funny to hear you talk about this campaign like you know anything, then. It's not like the media went completely insane with the emails thing, and like, the FBI director didn't pull some last minute loving shenanigans with the emails poo poo.

You're a very clever child, huh?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

thechosenone posted:

I don't know, it seems like trump saying lots of shocking things seemed to keep people distracted from his russian piss parties.

But yeah boned up on the state of affairs through op, and Ellison has won? seems pretty nice, since bern and afl-cio support. From op, Perez would have also been okay, so I'm not sure what is the problem?

If we're just asking questions, why are you still posting?

Do you know what the DNC is, and what the function is of the DNC chair?

Are you incapable of not being insufferable?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

thechosenone posted:

Hm? I get the feeling I understand why not to murder people, but it seems when I ask people to elucidate why they concur, they clam up.

You literally used that as an analogy for your thicko whiteboii scum head not being able to get why people shouldn't be racist, and then kept asking others to educate you on like, "mama, papa, what racism is? what it is, me want cookie?"

You're completely worthless.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Calibanibal posted:

Thechosenone you have taken what was a good and informative thread and just poo poo all over it. Please stop so we can go back to our enlightened discussion on candidate qualifications and future dnc fundraising strategies

Seems like that would be, you know, a good thing, since it's the actual topic of the thread, you literally man-headed baby with sock garters who couldn't find his own rear end if he was making GBS threads all over his hands.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

thechosenone posted:

I think it might do some good to take a few slow deep breaths, and count to ten or something, or whatever you do to help yourself calm down. It isn't worth getting worked up about.

Be nice if you rubbed two brain cells together and stopped posting.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

thechosenone posted:

And also Hillary. I don't hate obama , just wish he hadn't focused on mccain. Would have been cool to have vice-president Hillary, but I can understand not having your running mate be your former opponent.

This is how stupid your line of reasoning is, FYI.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

thechosenone posted:

But Obama didn't focus on miccain? Honestly people focused more on that alaskan person who shot a moose who ran as his vp. I actually can't remember her name, and I'm not going to give her the dignity of looking her up.

The point, that you're comically missing, is that presidential candidates do not typically pick their rivals as their running mates, which I guess is hard to understand when you're a literal sea sponge. Now I know you've just reassembled yourself, after going through the blender, but maybe you can just try real hard to comprehend that?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

this is what happened tho? Obama had a message other than McCain is a lunatic unfit to president and won

Hillary: had zero messaging beyond boy that trump guy sure is nuts, huh?

It's almost like the media didn't cover anything she did beyond emails?!, hmmm

🤔

But Bernie would've won, yeah, whatever :rolleyes:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

her message's focal point was trump tho. Every single ad I saw was about trump, the debates were about trump and the stump speeches, while policy heavy, also included a good helping of trump

Thank you for your anecdotal jerking-off, now what does this have to do with the DNC chair race, like at all?

How do you feel about Ellison or Perez?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

sorry your analogy was terribly flawed I guess

"sorry that in my big ol smart boy brain, the only evidence that matters is my own anecdotal life experience, not facts. also, Bernie should've been vp, because i'm not a moron, i'm a very smart boy. also I have zero opinions on the dnc election, and i'm just here to faaaaaaaart"

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Brainiac Five posted:

It is pretty funny how the three relevant candidates in the DNC race are all people on the left of the party, which sorta contradicts this idea that we're all doomed and the Democrats are solid like a rock on being the Devil Triangulator.

It's almost like, bernouts are complete morons who don't know the first thing about party politics?

Like, I don't get this triangulation narrative from them. It would make sense if we were in the nineties? I dunno. I'm pretty hype for Ellison.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Fulchrum posted:

Wait, the New Hampshire party head dropped out? Was it cause of Ellisson backroom dealing? Or did he simply realise it's cause he had Buckleys?

He dropped and endorsed Ellison, so :shrug:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

gen x is a bunch of reactionary idiots, btw

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

readingatwork posted:

This but unironically. Making Ellison chair would have been a good fig leaf to the left that would have done a lot to bring the various warring factions in line. Instead the DNC just inflicted a huge wound on itself that may never fully heal.

Remember when the DNC inflicted a wound on itself when Dean was elected after Roemer dropped out in '05? Remember Roemer, Fowler, Webb, and Frost?

No?

It's almost like DNC race isn't actually a thing that matters very much, but add that to the big ol' list of things morons don't understand.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Which column do you think is Clinton and which is Bernie?

where are hispanics, aapi, and other pocs

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Probably Magic posted:

The only minorities who went heavily Bernie were Native Americans. Luckily, Native American rights haven't been a major topic in the months since.

Could that have had something to do with Bernie's terrible record on minorities, like when he tried to dump that nuclear waste all over a Hispanic community?

Oh, wait, I guess that's just dumb idpol, ha ha, I'll show myself out.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Probably Magic posted:

Let's list all the ways Hillary Clinton hosed over Middle Easterners, advocated for turning away of Latino immigrants who needed help, and treated the DAPL like something that wasn't an immediate civil rights issue. Is this a game you really want to play, bud?

Remember that one time Bernie marched for civil rights and then hosed off to Vermont and sat on his flabby white rear end for the rest of his life?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Calibanibal posted:

hillary authorized the dronestriking of pakistani women and children while cackling like a witch lol

Sorry mommy didn't bake enough cookies for you, hun. :(

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Probably Magic posted:

Remember when Hillary couldn't be bothered to march in the Women's March? Or even show up and talk to her supporters the night of her loss?

Remember when Bernie got Planned Parenthood's endorsement? Oh, wait...

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Probably Magic posted:

So you got nothing, huh. Alright, good show, good show.

I agree, we should disenfranchise minorities and women, since they didn't pick your precious St. Bernard. If only we could stop the perfidy of the non-cishet non-white non-men!

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

yellowyams posted:

i'm a woman and feel pretty disenfranchised by dems already. i've supported them my whole life and they've failed to represent me when i really needed them. what am i supposed to do? should i keep supporting people who will fail me? that's what i've done so far, that's what people keep telling me to do, when is it going to pay off? when will they change?

I'm also a woman, and maybe we should turn on our fellow women who voted for the orange pig who wants us to revert to chattel, and keep agitating, instead.

Politics is a constant, long, hard struggle and some people can't keep up with that constantly or it will hurt them deeply, and that's not a bad thing for people to take a break.

But if your gut reaction to a group of white men getting swept in who literally see us at best as baby making machines and at worst as pussy to be grabbed is to kvetch and go whyyy should I keep supporting the group that actually sees me as a person, then go ahead and vote republican. You're the one who has to live with yourself, after all.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Majorian posted:

:lol: if you think this is what really happened.

If you want party unity, making poo poo up about Sanders is not the way to go about it.

You're right, I forgot that time I made up him voting against legalizing millions of undocumented people, cosponsoring a bill allowing the dumping of nuclear waste in a poor Latinx community in Texas, so I guess I should upgrade sitting on his rear end to being actively malevolent.

That's my bad.

:tipshat:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Majorian posted:

So where does Clinton stand, in your view, if Sanders is actively malevolent on racial issues?

Clinton actually took the time to talk to POC communities, in case you forgot how big they broke for her?

Sorry your brain broke :(

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Majorian posted:

Wait a second, so that somehow negates the policies that she supported in the past? I'm not sure it's my brain that is broke here...

Policies....that the black community supported at the time? :monocle:

Also, remember when we elected Hillary potus in the nineties, I sure remember that because women are the same as their husbands, you see?

Probably Magic posted:

Clinton actively advocated for bombing in Syria, Libya, and was going to push for bombing in Yemen too, which you earlier callously dismissed as something about Mommy not giving enough cookies or some crap. You're disingenuous to the maximum.

Oh no! Not to "the max!" :( Apropos of nothing.

:tipshat:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Probably Magic posted:

Really showing your ignorance that you think the chief problem with Clinton's foreign policy is drones instead of massive arming in countries of interest and missile strikes, which Clinton was chief propagator for in the Obama cabinet.

You posted about drone strikes, I responded about drone strikes?

Sorry your brain broke and you can't handle St. Bernard's policy positions?

Nice knowing you, I guess :(

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Stone cold you're not only a bad faith dumbass actively working against party unity and good policy, you're also the least likeable person whose words I've ever read.

Your rap sheet is full of homophobia and some :staredog: stuff, so I'll take this as a compliment, :tipshat:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Majorian posted:

Mmmm, the black community has, uh, soured quite a bit on those policies, I'm afraid.

Remember how Hillary kept supporting those nineties policies? No? It's almost like you're still :salt: over mommy not baking you cookies?

🤔

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Probably Magic posted:

Yeah, we only "drone striked" Libya, Syria, and Yemen. You're not even reading people's responses at this point.

I take it you aren't either; I'll give you a little hint, since you don't seem to read so good.

Sanders was gonna continue drone strikes and found them a useful tool in the US arsenal.

Sorry to break it to you, :(

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Jeb! Repetition posted:

90% of my rap sheet is from one thread in C-SPAM where IKs give everybody sixers as a joke, and yours is packed with racism, Dick Cheneying about pedophilia, and my observation that you're not likeable being confirmed; so maybe that's not something you want to bring up.

Packed with racism? Like....

[citation extremely needed]

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Rodatose posted:

Hillary clinton did worse with hispanics

Only in English language only polls, which tend to be extremely flawed. In bilingual polls, iirc I think she had two to four points on Obama.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Playing dumb isn't gonna work, it's there for anyone who wants to look.

I think it might be a bot designed to emulate the most obnoxious goon possible. He's even doing the "sorry you're" and extremely not mad constant sarcasm.

Did u kno, calling white people racist pigs is the worst racism there is?

Also, as mentioned itt I'm a woman, so you can get hosed pig.

Like I genuinely hope your genitals rot and fall off.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Majorian posted:

It's not, but it also doesn't usually get them to vote for your candidate.

It's almost like rich white people who own vineyards in Napa don't care about minorities, eh, Majorian? 🤔

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I didn't say a word about gender?

You called me a man.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Majorian posted:

I wouldn't know; I've never owned a vineyard, and I'm not rich. (I work for a charity)

Oh, I'm sorry, it was your daddy who owned the Napa vineyard, right? my b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Majorian posted:

My dad's a doctor. I worked in a tasting room for minimum wage for a couple summers. Is that what you were thinking about?

Oh, no, I genuinely have you mixed up with another poster. Haha, that's genuinely my bad, you're ok.

• Locked thread