Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tana and Juice win the tag league and challenge for the belts at the dome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

I'm guessing it will be for the ROH tour next month as both guys are booked. Unsure exactly what they have planned for this belt as it certainly looks like they're headsing towards an Ibushi/Omega semi-main for the IC.

uggggggggh if it's yoshihashi vs kenny in chicago

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ricochet wants two things: a steady gig with his friends, and for the rock to acknowledge him on twitter

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Titan at least getting a jr tag league spot

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

go slex

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

gif Probst posted:

the iwgp heavyweight championship has not changed hands at wrestlekingdom since 2011 when satoshi kojima dropped it to hiroshi tanahashi. i could see okada straight up retaining but at the same time...who's left to challenge him?

swear to god if he retains and they rob me of seeing the iwgp heavyweight champion wrestle ar fox in a gym outside st louis I'll burn the tokyo dome to the ground

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

guys still in their prime should never be on HOF ballot

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jericho signs short term month deals when he feels like working house shows and that's been his thing for a while

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I like Kelly but Callis is bad bring back Corino

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

harperdc posted:

Watch New Japan make a PS4 streaming app and only release it in the Japanese PSN store :v:

Also I’d bank on WK12 getting more than 40,000 in. Probably 45k if the early sales are any indication.

it's going to outsell last year but I don't envision it increasing by 15,000

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

could have just linked Evan's tweet

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

They flew in Marty Friedman to shred for Tanahashi one time a fake band like Fozzy has to be cheaper

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

im driving up for it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sigmachiev posted:

Agree, and do people really want a short build for Omega/Ibushi? They did the thing at G1 and then nothing.

You want the most interesting G1 in 2018 and Dome in 2019, you belt Omega at Dominion and then do Okada vs Ibushi in the G1 finals. Then flip a coin who should win.

I don't think we're waiting that long for kota/kenny

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's not what I want from either guy but kota ibushi doesn't have bad matches, so w/e 3.75 stars

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

checksin posted:

I have no idea when I’ll be able to go pee during this show

intermission

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lij/chaos is always pretty good despite never being memorable, solid midcard filler

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I don't think all japan would send him over to go 6-4 especially with how the whole kojima thing went this year

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KES was actually awesome in NOAH, the only good part of that invasion that killed the company

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Kemonito started it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

you're better off just tuning in the the finals

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it only feels like mike isn't a big deal because they've been gradually depushing him and cycling him out because his contract is up but he could credibly work a title match with a big win and a one month build

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Lol https://twitter.com/RealJeffCobb/status/938162163520217088

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the piss is from his appearance on The Kevin Steen Show years ago

him and some wrestlers had a bet that if one of them pissed on a woman they'd win $100 dollars, it's a long story but when he finally gets to the pissing part he basically coerces her into it, and she's telling him to stop the entire time, but he did make sure his roommate was filming it so he got paid

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Okada vs Slex from MCW is on New Japan world right now

it's really good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

skip the tag league, watch the final night

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

weirdly delivering english promos isn't why kenny is a star in japan

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He also speaks Japanese though

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

checksin posted:

does taguchi japan actually count as a faction now

it's the best one

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Suplex Liberace posted:

Can someone please tell me in north American time when WK is so i dont book the wrong day off again. Please and thank you.

3:00am eastern time on the morning of thursday january 4th

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

doors are at 1:30, belltime is listed as 3 but I'm guessing that's main card and not the preshow with the battle royal and whatever insane sponsored content they have this year

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

do i want to take friday the 5th off for new years dash

I can't get Friday off too so I'm probably going to wake up a couple hours early and catch what I can

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tanahashi is the best big match melodrama guy of his generation, imo

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I would refer to it as "sports entertainment" if that wasn't such a loaded term

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Was that the match where he faked blowing out his knee to catch Okada off guard and rolled him up

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

EdsTeioh posted:

So for the 3rd year, my friend and I are taking the day off work to eat food and watch WK. Last 2 years we did Sapporo talls and yakitori but want to switch it up this year. Does the Tokyo Dome have any signature junk food?

I want to know the answer to this question too

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

heel turn

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Most of Kenny's njpw run has had foreign objects and interference for drama i don't think they're worried about Jericho's tank with this stip

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

at what age was he abandoned by his parents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

what's up with all the mister hands references of late

• Locked thread