Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Aren't GBH in Chaos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Dissension is teased https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2-w9bRopjg

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Frankston posted:

Hey UK people, where can I buy NJPW merch aside from njpweurope.com? I wanted to get a Kenny Omega t-shirt but predictably it's sold out and elsewhere I can only find crappy fake prints on eBay or a bunch on prowrestlingtees but I don't really want to order from the USA.

Pro Wrestling Tees sells them, but they're not known for great customer service so buyer beware. eBay is an option, also http://www.ebay.ca/sch/Fan-Apparel-Souvenirs/24409/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=kenny+omega

Edit: My reading compreheansion sucks. ROH used to sell them but they don't any more.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 9, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Phenix Rising posted:

Has anyone ordered shirts from http://champion-shop.jp ? There are a couple of of Yuji Nagata shirts I want there but I'm not sure how reliable they are ordering from the US.

Use these guys as an intermediary https://www.whiterabbitexpress.com/

I used them to buy a DDT shirt from Toudokan and it worked out well

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There was also a clip on youtube where they teased Cole being the cause of the Elite splitting up (or throwing him out).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Man has a point, ice cream is always being eaten. I wonder if he yells bakayaro before diving into a sundae the size of Ke' Monito.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
According to Killing the Town, Kenny Omega pushed for Don "Cyrus/The Jackyl" Callis to get the gig. He might push even harder now that Corino won't be there.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Don Callis is WAY better than Styles or Striker. His attempts at humour are better, and out of the ECW environment he'll probably be less smarky.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 17, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Worth every bit of it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

thats okada's pay

Ah. OTOH, I could see Kenny saying he's worth just as much and WK proved that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Apologies for the error

Yeah, it makes sense why he's still firmly in New Japan with how much he's paid. I doubt WWE would go that far for him

Given how DSW went for him, he'd probably want certain creative assurances, ones WWE can't or won't give him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

Where can I buy a Los Ingobernobles de Japon hoodie? To replace my Bullet Club one.

http://www.njpweurope.com/product/los-ingobernables-de-japon-hoodie

edit: poo poo, didn't notice it's sold out

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

I wish pwhoodies was real. LiJ hoodies are hard to find.

I do imagine if you e-mail NJPW Europe they'll let you know when they expect more in stock

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How long of an extension did Kenny sign?

Also the idea of a Tiger Mask winning a world heavyweight title is an interesting one

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wonder if that means Zack is gonna drop the PWG title. It's one thing for the Bucks to never defend the tag straps, but both titles never being defended because the champs are busy is a bit much.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Plus isn't TAKA more of a freelancer while Kanemaru is under contract?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

checksin posted:

oh my god juice robinson is going to die

Gonna be one dead Tokyo Pimp if so. I don't imagine Meng'd be too happy....

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I believe you'll find that the GOP is anything but an enemy to Jerusalem.

:golfclap:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

I'm doing a presentation on NJPW at an anime convention next week. I'll be doing a PowerPoint covering 2016 and what will likely happen in 2017. My plan is to have about 45 minutes to show a match (or two). Some matches I have considered:

Goto vs Shibata (WK 11)
Naito vs Tanahashi (WK 11)
Ospreay vs Ricochet (BotSJ)
Omega vs Okada

My issue with the last match is its long. I think having two shorter matches will make it more interesting because you'll get more variety. Any thoughts or other match recommendations?

Maybe add a Tiger Mask W match, since there's an anime of him?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Sabre joining Suzuki-gun is a nice shot in the arm. Hoping for a TAKA/ZSJ team in Jr. /Division/Tourneys.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Super Dragon shows up, breaks 60% of the bones in his body.

But not before murdering Yoshitatsu with the mother of all Psycho Drivers.

I've always wondered what would have happened if SD could have gotten over in japan, I understand his time in AJPW didn't go so hot.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

"AJ STYLES GO HOME! :argh:" was a great line :)

YOUNG-AH BUCK-AH GO HOME

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I have to think the belt stays on Okada until it's time for Kenny to take it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

here comes the spunk posted:

So what do you all think they are going to do with Makabe? His only GBH buddy is going to be gone, possibly forever. I know he's a bit of a celebrity so I don't think he'll join Suzuki-Gun or anything that drastic.

Just stick one of the more ready Young Lions with him. Wait for Honma to return.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

its me glenda posted:

push nakanishi

The gently caress is wrong with you

ThePariah posted:

I don't remember any other regular Shibata spots that would've resulted in brain damage, at least to Shibata.

Unless I'm misreading this post. I realize that he's used the headbutt in multiple matches, if that's what you're trying to say. It's just one spot in his matches, was my point.

Gross headbutts have been part of his matches in the past, including a gross exchange with Ishii. He also did gross headbutts on Goto and Nakajima. It's entirely possibly that the dehydration along with cumulative damage as well as the headbutt itself are why this is it for him.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 18, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Reminder that ARASHI got basically blackballed for weed. NJPW would probably encourage courts to throw the book at somebody caught using blow. I'm sure there are puro guys who do recreational drugs but they're probably in the minority, Japan has a real hardline attitude about hard narcotics and recreational drugs in general. See also: Sydal, Matt.

harperdc posted:

I'm not sure how much play Bolivian marching powder gets in contemporary Japan, usually if you hear about people busted for drugs they're just referred to as "stimulants" and I'd imagine they're closer to speed than anything else. "Cutting water weight because muscles" is probably the better thought and closer to the truth to be honest.

That seems a lot more likely, especially given how shredded Shibata is.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

bad look for mio and kana imo

In their defence, NOSAWA is awful.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jesus, poor guy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Main event could be a pip, could be a beaut.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

It's there a place that translates promos? I would like to know what Naoto said at the end
That Enuhito guy on Twitter does that I think

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's kinda of funny how strongly Fale has been built up compared to Jinder's title shot. I mean both are not the best ideas but Fale at least makes booking sense with the New Japan Cup finish and all his tags since than

Plus people buy him as a credible threat because he's always been one. Jinder's spent a LOT of time on his back.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

super macho dude posted:

Now that Shibata is out of the picture (rip), I want Ishii to turn full on heel and murder Okada for the title.

Or join Suzuki-gun

An Ishii/Suzuki tag team would rule.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

Fale also has the most number of wins over Okada out of anyone on the roster. He's always credible when they put him in this slot.

Sorta reminds me of how them continually feeding Meng to Goldberg.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
In hindsight, Gedo comes off like a loving genius for seeing the potential for greatness in Okada.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The only thing I like that Yujiro's done is when he claimed he didn't speak Japanese to that interviewer after he joined Bullet Club (and popping Luke Gallows big time).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jenkem Delivery posted:

If there were any lingering about Okada being the best in the world (mostly from idiot WWE marks arguing for AJ) dragging Dale's bloated corpse to a 4 star match should put them to rest.

Couple things:

1)Lol if you don't think AJ could drag Fale to an equally good match
2)Poeple have been calling AJ the BITW since he was IWGP champ.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I love Okada but I think if a person is under the impression he's the best of the last 20 years, you need to watch more Kenta Kobashi and Bryan Danielson. I know he doesn't officially have any 5 star matches, Meltz is loving wrong, the fight without honor with Morishima is a 5 star match, and so is the unification match with Nigel.

Kawada needs to be considered, also. Dude had a LOT of 5 star matches, 2 in '97 alone, 18 total (!), and 3 in the time period we discussed. While carrying an AJPW roster that was a lot less talented than NJPW currently is.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 7, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVEEBHzFHhE/

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

checksin posted:

kenny omega will bring the historic iwgp heavyweight championship back to its proper home: the bald prairie of western canada

Manitoba is central Canada but close enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I feel like when Kenny's contract runs out he'll probably re-sign. Because he already had an absolutely miserable time in WWE developmental, he'd probably want to skip developmental. He'd probably also want WWE to match what NJPW is paying him. And he'd probably want creative input on his character's direction. The first two might not be a problem, but I'd be shocked if they gave him the last thing.

Then again, I didn't think AJ Styles would go to WWE, either.

• Locked thread