Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I went on New Japan World and saw a free match, Naito vs. Goto, I was like hey Naito's supposed to be a top dude, right? This might be cool.

30 minutes later, I think I might be a Hirooki Goto mark now.

Also, the way NJPW lights its arenas is kinda strange, are they trying to make it look like the match is outdoors? 'Cause that's kinda the feeling I got from watching it. It's kinda cool. Definitely makes it feel different from WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Spermgod posted:

if that were the case i'd worry about the outside interference and dudes spitting mist before the lighting lol

lol yeah that red shoes guy was letting a lot of poo poo go.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Demtor posted:

If you only cheer wrestlers who win constantly... then the WWE is made for you.

Shows what you know, I'm also a Sami Zayn mark! :smug:

:smith:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I feel a little disappointed that I watched this on VoD and not live 'cause the minute I saw the show was five and a half fuckin' hours, I could tell something was up. I figured out what the result of the main event was gonna be about halfway into the show.

Still incredible.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So hey I got a question.

Does the ref's count supercede the match clock? Like if the clock hits 0 when the ref is counting a pin, what happens.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

remusclaw posted:

It is a relatively common time limit draw finish for the timer to run out on a two count. It's always fun when they mistime it.

Okay.

Then I am going to say the match should've ended with Kenny hitting the One Winged Angel and time running out during the cover. :colbert:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was positive it was gonna be a draw before the match started, I can spot a finisher-near-the-ropes spot from a mile away, I said to myself "Kenny, you're too close to the ropes." when he had him up and I bit so loving hard anyway.

I guess that means they built up his finisher pretty good? This was my first Omega match and when he hit it I thought Okada was just loving dead.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Also, since I have njpwworld now, can someone recommend me some Tana matches? I like him

This, but Kenny instead.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So is Tana vs. BIlly Gunn a singles match for the IC Title or some kinda multi-man?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

handsome only face posted:

they get more time to recover in that they're not wrestling 4-5 days a week every week, and when they are the multi-mans at smaller shows aren't as strenuous as singles

There's less travel time too because according to my calculations, Japan is,

*crunches numbers*

*stares at results*

*slowly takes off glasses*

Smaller than America.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Neville deserves to at least be in the conversation for that top 5 imo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm actually really surprised we didn't get a double or triple 5 star+. If any night could've had it...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wish I'd gotten on the train back in January after WK11, but I'm glad I got on now. It feels like Okada is doing something really, really special right now and obviously Omega and the rest of his opponents are all a huge part of that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I sorta knew the story with Kushida losing at WK and then again in 90 seconds, then winning the BOSJ, but this was the first Kushida match I'd actually seen and I thought 4.75 was right on, and you coulda even gone 5.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sportsgenius86 posted:

I feel like Cole will cost Omega his match on Night one in Long Beach and they will wrestle on Night Two

I thought of Michael Cole first.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
When is day 1 of Long Beach gonna be on NJW? I don't get AXS and I already burned my free trial of Sling TV. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Fale must pay. :catstare:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Can I get an estimate on what time is Omega/Okada gonna air EST?

Oh gently caress, there's a G1 thread should I have asked this there. :ohdear:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How many times will Okada and Naito defend their poo poo before the Dome? Once at Destruction and once at KoPW?

MJeff fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 14, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That tag match definitely gave me the feeling that Suzuki vs. Big Mike is happening.

Also they basically outright said Tanahashi's dropping to ZSJ on commentary which makes me think Tanahashi's probably not dropping to ZSJ.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

This is the gayest, most anime thing I've ever seen and I've watched Gundam Wing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jesus christ, you just put the idea of Cesaro in the G1 into my head. That'd be some poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Now I'm sad about that for two reasons! :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I've heard Inoki and Inoki-ism mentioned a few times, wasn't Inoki like, this incredible figure in Japanese wrestling? Why are there negative connotations with him?

(and should I be asking this in the wrestling questions thread instead)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anybody else think "SUZUKI-GUN MACHKA" has a nice ring to it?

Just thinkin' out loud.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wait are they doing three triple threats with the same guys for the tag titles? :stare:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Can't for the life of me figure out why people are telling this guy to go away.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I couldn't believe it when Conor used the Rainmaker tonight. Crazy stuff. Wow.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Finally got around to watching Destruction in Hiroshima and I'm pretty sure everybody in Taguchi Japan is great and I love them.

I would in fact go so far as to say Taguchi Japan rules and Suzuki-gun drools.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 23, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Please link me to the kickstarter raising money to send flowers and condolences to all the Japanese women Juice slept with. :rip:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yelling at Minoru Suzuki to become the wind is going on my bucket list.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I got a kick out of this and I hope you do too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Stop bullying Hiromu please, he is a nice boy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I want EVIL to get a full Wrestle Kingdom Entrance now so bad

Sadly I think they gave it to him here because this is as close as he's gettin'.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Roppongi 3K seem like they're good but Ricochet is my favorite Jr. and I wanted Funky Future to hold the titles forevaaaaaaah. :(

Maybe Ricochet can punch Hiromu's lights out after a Jr. Heavyweight match next.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Ricochet's promo in the last five minutes of this video https://www.facebook.com/newjapaneng/videos/1583373318390187/

uuuuuugh don't do it, dude.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Neville in the next G1 would be baller as hell

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

checksin posted:

EVIL will be IWGP Heavyweight Champion before Goto

EVIL and I have something in common!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is Global Wars gonna be on World?

If yes, follow-up question, anything worth watching from day 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

cams posted:

okada as rey <3

Meh, Okada's hotter.

• Locked thread