Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

OPINIONFIGHT CIRCLEJERK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hm maybe the autistic nerds posting on an internet forum have differing preferences in video games than the hundreds of thousands of people they are trying to sell to

euthanize gamers

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i imagine cams made that same post but with "millions" at first then looked up sf5 sales numbers and instead of coming to a stark realization that they undermine his entire argument changed it to Hundreds of Thousands.
sfv had nothing for the casual audience how would that undermine my argument

just the same people trying to pick internet slapfights forever

game looks interesting, i feel that it has a high level of readability that i appreciate. looking forward to it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hahahahhahaha

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i did not play re7, was chris in it? wondering if there's more reason to have him in than already existing assets making it easy

cams
Mar 28, 2003

in demo, you play as captain america/megaman, chun li/captain marvel. maximillian is streaming it right now.

holy poo poo with time stone you can dash with time stone and call assist simultaneously and get some dirty loving crossups. it looks like time stone just straight up modifies the dash.

edit: arthur thor next, then rocket/dante

cams fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 13, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i have a pass for e3 and am plannin on going for at least a couple of the days, was super excited to get my first hands on with mvci

i'll probably be lining up for dbzf

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/fchampryan/status/874712994109767680

cams
Mar 28, 2003

literally posting about what other people think about a fighting game

cams
Mar 28, 2003

imagine caring this much about what other people think about a game you have not played yet

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zelder posted:

cams How about we speed this meltdown up to the point where you take a 30 day vacation
ok what do you got, i need something to go off of. last time i called for genocide of people who post about video games on internet forums and asked to be permabanned but there was buildup to that.

the weird hostile dickwaving about video game opinions is so bizarre to me, it is real gross and you guys have been doing it for yeaaaars

game looks fun from gameplay i've seen, i like the combat focused on constant tagging for setups. will most likely buy it when it's available. i saw like 3 or 4 people actually post legitimate thoughts about the game in the mire of bullshit, and i agree with the biggest complaint which is that much of the game is directly recycled content and on top of that they are doing large, immediate dlc packages. that is the biggest bummer to me about this game.

i am poor as poo poo and video games do not cost so much that i could imagine generating legitimate outrage at something i have the choice of whether or not to buy. that's all i got.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zand posted:

I wish I could be as hype for mvci as you and cams

hahahhah you spend so much time on the internet talking about games you don't like

cams
Mar 28, 2003

pissdude posted:

I don't really understand why people would be against harming a company monetarily by spreading negative propaganda about its product to reduce sales. The product looks like poo poo, it appears to be bred from the same "double down on bad decisionmaking" design philosophy that Capcom has been notorious for in recent years, and people are mad about it. They don't want Marvel to be bad - they want Marvel to be cool and fun. What is wrong with being destructively critical of the company and its product when they don't provide the product you want? The relationship between a corporation and a customer is one based on money. If the audience doesn't like what's being put on offer - you harm the company by not spending money on it and giving them negative feedback so that they will modify what is being produced, and hopefully make something the audience DOES want the next time around.

This game isn't a labor of love, it's not an art piece or a grassroots project. It's a cash grab infused with one of the largest entertainment IPs in the world. There's nothing wrong with being a cash grab. A cash grab can be a fun game and competitively viable etc - but you shouldn't feel sympathy or pity toward it when people are being critical of it, constructive or not. Don't pity Capcom, or their decisions. Influence them by not rewarding their bad behavior with your money. Talk about your opinions on forums and use Twitter to give feedback. That's all you can really do besides not buy/buy their stuff and convince others to do the same. Just don't be surprised when people use "extreme methods" or language to influence others to buy or not buy the product. That's just how this stuff works, and it's OK

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

that's the problem when the developer of a game becomes intertwined within the community of the game, those on top of the community who stand to lose the most can weaponize the threat of its destruction if the developer doesn't do well.

it doesn't matter if the game is bad, don't criticize it and buy it anyway because we're All the FGC and Your Community could be hurt if it doesn't do well. you wouldn't want to hurt your fellow Fighting Game Community members, would you?
for real the internet was a mistake and has completely broken a generation of boys

cams
Mar 28, 2003

pissdude posted:

what's your stance on all this cams
my position is that it is toys. buy them or don't, basing your identity around being part of a club who go on an internet forum and get in slapfights about how a video game is objectively bad is, and i mean this, sad. very very sad to me. tbh i like that at least you were honest about the culty echochamber poo poo that people are doing. if you believe yourself to be some warrior in a video game war, go nuts. we all have our delusions that keep us going.

but i am the odd one out here so i try not to read these threads too much because they contain very, very little of value. tabs is actually funny and jmcrofts and sn64 do legitimately good work when new games come out.

i love fighting games so i will buy this fighting game and play it and probably enjoy it a ton.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

yeah it's pretty sad that the internet has convinced people that corporations are their friend and Brands Are Engaging With Me In Good Will
people thinking that "video games" is the battle worth fighting is the problem. you guys are literally video game activists.

defective human beings

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Captain Baal posted:

Is the same guy who literally made fun of new players trying to figure out mvc3 in the goonsgarden irc while drunk?
i have no memory of this but probably, i was drunk 24/7 for a couple years there.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Endorph posted:

woah watch out baal, he might tell you to kill yourself if you say mass effect andromeda is bad
nah i'm having a cool day, that wouldn't do anything for me

mass effect andromeda is a good comparison. another game that some people will enjoy and some people won't but a ton of people on the internet are gonna talk about how wrong some of those people were for MONTHS

because this is just internet gaming culture in general. it is so depressing and makes me question the personal choice of even supporting this hobby because it seems to be genuinely distructive.

it is tooooooooys

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Endorph posted:

andromeda was really bad to be fair, and was basically a company making GBS threads out a product half-finished because they knew it'd make money off the brand, even if it killed the ip. even if you liked the game you have to admit 'we'll put this out, get mediocre (for a triple A game) reviews, but then fix it in the sequel' isn't exactly good to the customers. that's what this is about when you get down to it, basically, people feeling cheated or hurt by corporations. you can say it's toys as much as you want but stuff like SFV's launch is basically just capcom going 'gently caress you, you'll buy it anyway,' and while obviously people can just not buy what capcom puts out in the future it's understandable that they'd have some resentment.
this part. i started reading this and my eyes glazed over because i do not care about the objective quality of a video game

the fact that you guys are now invoking some grand war against late stage capitalism to justify your whining on the internet about video games is absurd to me

Dias posted:

Dude, it's fine to say some toys are bad tho. People just don't need to get weird about it on both sides of the spectrum. It's fine.
i made a post about how this game is flawed but looks fun and people went apeshit. people enjoy palling around with their buddies on the internet and attacking people who don't share their opinion. that is the vast majority of content people post about fighting games in these forums. very few people, especially among the ones who post the most, actually talk about PLAYING fighting games.

which, again, why i don't hang out here. i try and keep to that but i have NOTHING going on in june. pretty bored.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Endorph posted:

uh, grats? sfv launched without even an arcade mode. that isn't about objective quality, that's about charging 60 dollars for a game without even basic features. iunno why that's hard or somehow delusional or pathetic to think that maybe they should have delayed sfv a few months to put in basic stuff like an arcade mode instead of crapping it out because they knew people'd buy it anyway.
i do not give a single poo poo about an arcade mode. i bought sfv and i loved it. i bought the season 1 pass because i loved it. i enjoy that game. didn't get season 2 because i have not been playing that much, not a huge fan of season 2.

hey, get this. the "best" fighting game content/polish wise is injustice 2 and it is the only fighting game i really regret buying because i just do not enjoy the game that much, even compared to injustice 1 which i enjoyed. experiences are subjective and you caring about people spending money on video games you don't want them to spend money is behavior that i don't think should be encouraged.

i am poor as gently caress and buying almost every fighting game has not hurt my budget at all, but i don't spend money on things often.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Endorph posted:

i dont care if someone liked sfv or spent money on it and im not sure where you're getting the impression that i do? literally all i said was that the game probably should have had a few more months in development but capcom felt they could get away with just tossing it out there. i am not saying sfv is good or bad. i am not saying people who like sfv are good or bad. all i am saying is that capcom did something without much regard for the consumers.
drat, you're right, if they had released the game with content that appealed to more consumers they probably would have sold more of their product because more people would have bought it... holy poo poo!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

CharlestonJew posted:

aren't you the guy who beat his girlfriend with a nintendo gamecube
oh hey cool we're at the point where several people attack me personally then someone accuses me of beating women, this is my favorite part of the something awful fgc

also happens to be the point where i go from amused to legitimately annoyed so bye. just start here next time i post and i'll just take off.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

being repeatedly falsely accused of beating women has convinced me that there is nothing at all toxic or disgusting about this internet community, you guys are all healthy individuals engaging with intellectual honesty

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Captain Baal posted:

You have no right to be criticizing others for saying gross poo poo, lmao
no you're right, i deserve to be accused repeatedly of assaulting women because i said euthanize all gamers.

NecroMonster posted:

If he didn't actually assault his girlfriend then I apologize for that particular statement but for nothing else I've said.
hahahaha you guys are such pieces of poo poo

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Captain Baal posted:

Yeah you said a lovely thing and then got a lovely thing said back to you for it, congrats. For someone who dishes out a lot of dirt, when it gets dished out back to you you fold like a coward and start trying to play the victim, which is what's really amusing.
"you disparaged the way we posted on an internet forum, we accused you of beating women, we're all just playing dawg."

i fully admit that every time i come into these threads it is a mistake because it is so loving gross

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Carew posted:

Part of the reason why people are making GBS threads on these games so much is because, get this, they also really like fighting games and are genuinely disappointed when Capcom shits things out like sfv and now mvci which appears to be comparable in quality. Nobody is stopping you from enjoying flawed or even bad games cams but there exists opinions more nuanced than "lmao i just buy and enjoy stuff i like well cya!!"
yes and that more nuanced opinion is 3 pages of "i haven't played this game but it's poo poo and the people saying it's poo poo are lying."

i criticized that, then everyone came out with their rationalization for why criticizing that is in itself wrong. then i got personally attacked, then 3 people started talking about how i beat women.

there is nothing at all toxic about this community and the people in it are healthy individuals with perspective on life.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Endorph posted:

you have like 20 probations for telling people to kill themselves
oh yeah, i don't regret a single one of those. i'm just racking up probations when i'm stressed. every minute i spend probated is a gift to me and to you.

baal is right, i do deserve it

cams
Mar 28, 2003

CharlestonJew posted:

My favorite character is cams, with the Nintendo game cube assist. Which is a 10-0 MU against cams' girlfriend
kill yourself :)

cams
Mar 28, 2003

went googling for the original character leak, wasn't haggar not on the list? it said "possibly one more capcom character maybe frank west" but haggar would seem to indicate there could be more

cams
Mar 28, 2003

lol holy poo poo

cams
Mar 28, 2003

toy quality activism

cams
Mar 28, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

how is it that you are so stridently anti-fascist but so pro mindless consumption at the same time. I mean, I know they two aren't really related, but I just can't wrap my mind around it.
lol "pro mindless consumption"

your video game purchases are not a moral statement. they are video games. you buy the ones you want to play, there is nothing righteous about whining about them on the internet.

i liked sfv i'll probably like this.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Endorph posted:

there's also nothing wrong with... complaining when a game seems to be poorly made
STRONGLY DISAGREE

cams
Mar 28, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

all purchases are a moral statement under the system of capitalism
~there is no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism~

stop acting like the tribal internet video game elitism has anything to do with a political crusade. you don't like a game so you post dumb poo poo at people who like the game.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

while this is true, I'd like to point out that anti or unethical things can be compared against each other. Some things are more wrong than others. Unless you would like to argue that being a poor consumer is exactly as bad as being a nazi anyway

NecroMonster posted:

I mean. This is a simple thing to get into.

Do you, Cams, believe that your purchases have no effect on any other human being, do you, Cams, believe that your consumption exists in a void?
you're whining about the quality of toys not whether or not to support a company because of labor or environmental concerns.

i choose to believe you're self aware and aren't rationalizing your internet troll times as an anti-capitalist crusade.

i think mvci legitimately looks good and i am excited to play it. spider-man actually interests me for the first time in a versus game.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

fadam posted:

capcom gave Justin "Bud Light" Wong a copy of MvCI and are letting him stream it before release https://www.twitch.tv/jwonggg

I think Spider-Man looks good
im very interested in spidey and chun in this one when i didn't care much for them in mvc3.

watching that stream, justin just opening up marn with the reality stone over and over and over. hard to punish it or move into an advantageous position at all if one is heading for you. jwong is shooting out the stone mid triangle jump and it will catch marn hitting a button.

it is justin, though. still, gross.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

floe was having a lot of fun with jedat/thanos, love the power stone combos

https://clips.twitch.tv/HotRefinedMilkDancingBaby

https://clips.twitch.tv/AstuteAmericanCurlewPeoplesChamp

https://clips.twitch.tv/VictoriousNurturingCobraNononoCat

jedat, dormammu, and ultron look like they're gonna be huge problems early on.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Reality stone in general looks really good. That homing projectile is no joke
recovery is pretty quick, can be used in air from any height, tracks, pretty easy to hit confirm. also, in most situations where you trade getting hit for landing your reality stone, you can recover fast enough to punish them for challenging the stone. day -7 but reality stone and power stone are my top two at the moment.

i do think it may be the case that these two just have the most inherent utility without requiring more time spent learning the game.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://clips.twitch.tv/FragileStrongLocustFunRun

https://clips.twitch.tv/CarelessSillyJuiceTwitchRPG

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Little Mac posted:

lol ya'll cried for like 30 pages about this game and it looks like it's gonna be awesome
*angrily replies to this post because i have an opinion about a video game i haven't played*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zand posted:

does it? it looks fine but idk about awesome

it looks like it's failed at most of the criteria the devs set for the game, like accessibility is an idea that's gone out the window with combos that take over a 45 seconds real time to perform discovered day 1. it still has a mostly rehashed cast and is missing characters that people wanted. I don't think that anyone critiquing it up to now had really been off base. then giving everyone who shilled for the game early copies...lol

game looks like it might be fun tho
counterpoint: you're a dumb guy who doesn't know poo poo about dicks and meta-textual conversations about the quality and development process of video games on the internet is worthless

https://clips.twitch.tv/TardyEphemeralNikudonPanicVis

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrypticTemperedOysterRiPepperonis

https://clips.twitch.tv/FragileStrongLocustFunRun

https://clips.twitch.tv/InquisitiveBusySeahorseKeepo

fchamp's stream has had a ton of interesting stuff going on, lots of messing around with tech in between decent quality matches.

https://twitter.com/mvcClockw0rk/status/907736182330552320

also some fun stuff from clock. captain marvel and gamora are gonna be the first characters i spend time with once i get my copy.

• Locked thread