Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I have no problem doing well in FPSes etc with the KS8000 in regular, non-game mode. I dunno why you'd buy a fancy new tv and then make it look like poo poo by turning on game mode.

I agree with the "Bloodborne is good for people who hate themselves" sentiment.

Try using a mouse in game mode vs not game mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The pro is essential for bf1

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Congrats on discovering the placebo effect.

Jealousy is unbecoming

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ive actually been enjoying tlg by playing a little here and there and then going back to something else. it seems like it would be really less fun to be slogging through the whole thing in one sitting

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I seriously think BF1 is my 2016 goty. And a true contender for "this is why you need a pro" since I thought it was too sluggish on my og.

pro is essential for bf1

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

zenintrude posted:

Seriously considering popping on GameStop's trade in deal of $175 for a PS4 toward a PS4 Pro.

Does anyone have a list of the things I need to do in order to deactivate, deauthorize, and basically wipe this thing before I hand it over to GameStop?

yeah the list is deactivate/deauthorize, and wipe the thing

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Montalvo posted:

I keep defaulting back to Rocket League and Overwatch despite being given a ton of single player games I've been looking forward to over the holidays. I think I might have videogame ADD.

we all do it, if not overwatch because it's bad it's cod or bf1

rocket league is an amazing non shooter mp game and then we all need our shooter

there's nothing to be ashamed of

you should see how many game i've bought this year

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

you actually shoot a lot in rocket league

i wouldnt call any of your shots bullets

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

There should be a disclaimer on tlg that it rouses up any living room dogs

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

isnt mario kart 8 deluxe just mario kart 8

It's porterhouse to t-bone you see

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

bestbuy runs out of stuff all the time, did you check gamestop? if it's sold out just check the places that don't discount from $59.99 like walmart and gamestop

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I want to play tlg but it seriously makes my dog fly off the handle

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

not only the noises but my dog just stares at trico on screen and barks at it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

acksplode posted:

Assuming Nintendo's not bullshitting on release dates, Zelda should be able to carry me to Splatoon which should then last more than long enough to get me to Mario Odyssey. I'm pretty confident that at least 2/3 of those will be genuinely great games. Then sprinkle some Virtual Console on that, plus the off chance that my girlfriend might enjoy some of the multiplayer stuff they come up with. It's probably going to be the one Nintendo console for a while (remember three pillars lol), so it's gonna get all their exclusives going forward, and on top of that it has nearly every gimmick they've introduced since the Gamecube, so it'll probably get all sorts of ports and remasters. I think I'll get my $300 out of it. But I can see why it wouldn't appeal to anyone but Nintendo fans or parents with 2 kids they want to shut up. Enjoy Skyrim! For 3 hours at a time, but that's all anyone can tolerate anyway.

It does not have dual screens, so it can't do the gimmick of 3ds or wii u without getting ports that fix the dual screen situation, even if the screen was just a map or what have you

edit: I guess that's kind of what you meant

ethanol fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 14, 2017

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

mrbass21 posted:

Maybe I have no soul, but I'm not enjoying The Last Guardian.

Every time I start to get into it, the camera and controls immediately pull me out of it. I get bored of it after playing about 20 minutes and don't care to play anymore.

Everyone has talked about how amazing the game is, so I'm going to finish it. I'm never thinking "man, I want to play TLG!" I usually have to force myself to slog through it.

I know I don't have to, but I want to see this ending everyone is talking about. Plus, I keep convincing myself that it gets better, or that I'm one play session from seeing what everyone raves about.

Try drugs while playing

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

This reminds me when people posted no man's sky screens and I thought they all looked horrible

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

It's pronounced Yakuza 0 Zero (zero zero)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Knack it off

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I'm pretty hyped for Dirt 4

Haven't seen this yet. Is it going to be more like dirt rally or dirt 3? Because dirt rally is amazing, dirt 3 is a stinker

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

The fact that BF1 is still doing that it is a big part of why I haven't bought it. Felt really burned by BF4's DLC strategy. That game had literally an insane amount of content by the end and no one played anything but the vanilla game. It was so dumb.

The dlc maps were really good, the server filter just had weird issues where it wouldn't show every server if you had the vanilla maps enabled. Once you know about it it was easy to find dlc servers.

They used a diff system starting for bfront and now bf1.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

yeah, rip

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

You don't get anything neat for collecting all of it other than a single reference to old TR games, anyway. :v:

I loved the the second one, but TR '13 will always be better in my head. More interesting enemies to fight.

I haven't really played the 2nd one yet despite it ending up in my backlog.. but the Japanese ww2 ruins in the first are extremely my poo poo.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Should I buy nioh

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm gonna buy it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Updates local stores sold out, going a few extra miles out :f5:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I have 5 games in my queue sitting on my table that I need to prioritize:

- Dark Souls 3
- Uncharted 4
- World of Final Fantasy
- MGS5: TPP
- Ratchet & Clank

Any idea? I'm going through TLG right now, and need to figure out which to start first.

Nioh

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

hmm...nope.. im still not convinced hdr love posts aren't confirmation bias

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

it's not the same thing that's why

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

That Flash Sale on right now is heck of good

Second Son for $8

Bloodborne Complete for $18

GTAV for $30

I bought ds2 :sigh: I have no will power

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

"Golden age" has more than one meaning you tedious dipshit.

Lol

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Instant Grat posted:

Framerate was never really an issue in Bloodborne though?

So wrong

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Just lol if you think Sony wouldn't have killed a Game like botw in favor of the in house far cry witcher 3 rip off with nice graphics

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

bloodychill posted:

However, you can build a totally decent mid tier computer with a GTX1060 or equivalent AMD graphics card for just over $500.

Not really though

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Skyrim is pretty boring these days. It’s a 2011 game and is definitely on the lower end of Bethesda games

Wrong

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I wonder if there will be a pro upgrade. The PS4 Proest. Or the PS4 Proer.

The Ps4 prawn

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The PS4 is a real piece of poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the xbonx has 40% more power than a ps4 pro and 100% savings in power usage while playing gay anime therefore it’s 6000 time more efficient

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Have you considered u might be insane

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

$140? Lmao my power bill is less than that total quarterly. For somebody who is environmentally conscience u sure are a hog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

You should generate clean power fro ur piss4 using a bicycle generator so you can also stop getting owned by ur country/powecompany