Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lol the SotC remake looks SO MUCH BETTER than Last Guardian. I kinda knew it would but it’s still insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hate how this horse handles. I heard this was the best horse in video games but gently caress that it’s not a patch on Epona

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress you guys I love SotC

It’s always been my number one “wish I owned the console for but never did” game

And it lives up to every expectation

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wander is insanely good at jumping, I’m impressed with his stamina

In the middle of a lake? HURL YOURSELF UPWARDS

Riding on a horse? HURL YOURSELF UPWARDS

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Colossi 4 does not wanna look in these tunnels no matter how much I annoy it, am clearly visible to it when I enter than, etc

I’m really confused

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I tried that but it basically doesn’t get confused. I pop out the other side and it’s in that general area but strolling around with its head up rather than paying any attention to where it saw me go in.

e: ^^^^ oh!!! I tried leaving it a little later before entering the tunnel and it helped. Thanks.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just found my first of the new "gold coin" things which baffled both me and my friend who has played the original so many times haha

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Set your PS4 as your primary one in the settings

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Don't worry a lot of people have that same issue over this franchise and the latest Tomb Raiders as well.

I’ve only played UC4 and LL but I didn’t feel they had this issue as bad as the recent Tomb Raider games which HOLY poo poo JUST CALM DOWN WITH ENEMIES ALREADY

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I remember the moment I had a deep-seated realization about the artificiality and slapdash nature of game development, and it was in Modern Warfare when I realized that the game would send never-ending streams of enemies until you crossed some arbitrary line in the stage that would trigger the checkpoint to make them stop

gently caress any game that does this

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Let out an audible gleeful yelp when I successfully mounted colossi 5. gently caress I love this game

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Crows Turn Off posted:

Cars are easy to control. What's wrong with having it control like a car? It's not a real horse.

hahaha right? I’m here climbing on the beards of gigantic monsters I really don’t care about realistic horse riding physics

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

....if there's a worse opinion so far in 2018 then I haven't seen it. :getout:

I've grown to like its animations and stuff (the way it skids to a halt omg) but it handles sooooo bad

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah well I’VE been renting out an imax screen to play it this whole time

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ooh gonna check some of these themes out. I’ve been using the Full Throttle Remastered one since I got it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok the one problem I’m having with SotC is the collision detection. Which considering the basis of the game is yikes. It’s not all the time, but on certain colossi it hasn’t let me grab onto something I should have been able to for no particular reason. It was especially noticeable with the wings on 13 and the back of 12. Which sucks because 13 was so obviously amazing except that I was constantly struggling with getting on the wings, as well as the controls for aiming with the bow while riding on Agro being somewhat janky (trying to hold R1 and Triangle and aim with the right stick isn’t exactly what this controller was designed for)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
precision I will never understand how you have so much time to do so much

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
actually just a quick thing now it’s brought up: is there any point upgrading to a Pro if the TV in your living room is 56”/4K but not HDR?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got to the final colossus and the jumping from parts of it to the other section is making me so loving angry lol. It’s either not jumping or jumping in a completely different direction from the one my stick is in. I’ve fallen off SO MANY TIMES NOW

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

Solution: When you get to its second arm, stab it in the hand. His arm will level out, allowing you to recover your grip, then fire the bow at its shoulder weak point to climb onto its head.

I actually hadn’t even managed to get there by that point. At the time I was having a bigger issue with getting there from the left arm.

But done now!!!!! gonna watch this final cutscene where I bet it turns out me killing all those dudes wasn’t a good idea after all

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

Playing the last of us again after taking a break from it for a month and lol the controls are not intuitive at all, took me like half hour to.get the hang of it again 😌

Still not particularly enjoying this game 😪😪🙄

Been playing through this slowly for over a year and still not finished it. Honestly I know I’m gonna sound like a scrub or whatever but even on the lowest difficulty it’s SO loving HARD. I’m near the beginning of Winter during a section where zombies are coming through windows either side of you really constantly and I find it basically impossible

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

Is there some consistent way to jump from one hand to the other on be last colossus because what. The. gently caress

ahhhhh this made me so angry gently caress. going from the back to the hand was mostly luck. going from the arm to the other hand you can actually let go and rest on the armour for a split second before jumping which helps a lot

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the game seems to really want to do the normal jumping while grabbing (just moving a tiny bit further up where you already were) thing at that part instead of actually having you jump over. All I can recommend is finding a spot where you can stop grabbing and then jump. It’s the only way I got it to work for me.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I also skipped Primal and also never got that far into 4 so yeah I am SO READY for 5

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wasn’t The Order 1886 basically a glorified tech demo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The only colossus I didn’t really like is the one with the geysers. All the rest are at least pretty good and the majority of them are loving fantastic.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
jump from shoulder to hand is exactly how veni describes it and it’s a pain in the butt

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s still a Christianity-based American cult, I’m sure most of them will be white supremacists anyway.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ElwoodCuse posted:

Far Cry 3 had one of the worst video game stories I can remember and I'm not even sure what the story was in 4 (I think you could pick which side you wanted to support or something? But they were all bad and the ending didn't explain anything?) so I'm not expecting to get much in that department from 5 either

Far Cry 3 is white dude fighting natives and 4 is native fighting a white dude

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
haha I definitely remember that being brought up a lot at the time. it’s a shame cause there are certain parts where you can really tell they were attempting to subvert the cliches but it doesn’t work AT ALL and really is one of the most tone deaf VG stories of all time

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah for sure I was obsessed with the game and played it to death when it came out, gameplay-wise it really was an absolute blast. I’m hoping 5 will give me more of that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My least favourites are geysers, the scared of fire one, and wall climber yeah, although I dislike the former two way more than the latter one for sure.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I liked the controls for the most part but the jumping is janky and buggy in certain scenarios. And I personally would just prefer a horse that went in the direction I moved the stick as soon as I did it than something with more “realistic” controls (or at least something more akin to BotW’s horse controls, but according to the post above that’s a thing to be elitist about, so I dunno)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That would make several of the Colossus fights far harder when trying to aim your bow and ride at the same time.

tbf I already found this very difficult, trying to hold Triangle AND R1 while moving the right stick is awkward as gently caress

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

You don't need to hold triangle when your horse is running away from colossi

In this case it was for 13, rubbing towards it to shoot the sacs

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn’t realise Bloodborne was more about actively attacking, that makes me more interested tbh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is a pro worth it if I don’t have a 4K tv? I’m trying to decide between trading in my OG PS4 and getting one, or just buying a used Switch. They come out to about the same amount of money.

Get the Switch my dude

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ll be Switch and Pro after I get paid probably. My wallet is gonna be so mad at me but fuggit

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I found Everyone’s Gone to the Rapture on my HD, I guess I bought it when it was on sale and forgot about it. It’s quite a bit better than I was led to expect from all the hate I’ve read......but how in the gently caress did Chinese Room never implement a faster speed? Like the sprint loving suuuuuucks. God I’d forgive it so much more if it wasn’t so drat slow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Over There posted:

I forgot to mention this but A Hat in Time is one of my favorite games this decade and its in the PS Store for only $30. Its a little short, at around maybe 10-15 hours but everything about it is pure quality. I would really recommend it. If you're wondering if you would like it, I would put it at a combination of Super Mario Sunshine and Banjo Kazooie.

Genuinely the only reason I haven’t bought this is because JonTron is in it