Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
After enabling 2FA, make certain it's actually active and running. And do write down your backup codes somewhere safe, should poo poo go wrong.

Oh and PSVR is pretty great, though it doesn't have many games that stick out. Please let RE7 be a 10/10 surprise please please please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Bloodborne is the only game I can come up with when thinking of a greatest of the generation, but it is seriously only something for those who think they can stomach a better Souls game only, and one that's got a challenge in it. The trophy stats for having defeated either of the bosses that can be encountered as ones first are tiny. Games journalists making more money than the average teacher have spent 4-7 hours throwing their bodies at bosses and gone nowhere.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

No good games on the horizon? Persona 5, Starblood Arena, Polybius, getting hyped for Farpoint then wishing one had bought the Aim controller separately, then it's E3 time!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Two year anniversary of Bloodborne :unsmith: soon anniversary of it getting robbed in GOTY polls by seven hours to defeat a single boss journos

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Man, the system software update today hosed up my PS4 Pro something fierce. It would just freeze on bootup. I had to do a safe mode restore.

I got this with my non-pro, and I hadn't even installed the update, it just booted up to the PSVR processing unit fans running at full speed. 38 minutes later I had gotten everything back up and running and the processing unit is as loud as it used to be. It also threw that SU-30627-8 error my way but no problems patching up in safe mode or with anything else. Pain in the rear end.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

The negatives about The Surge applies to the people who thought Bloodborne sucked because of samey looking environments (what).

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Netflix should make a Bloodborne tv show.
Someone pulled a prank on you and put an auto-correct turning "HBO" into "Netflix".

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Everybody's Golf PS4 quickly became a game I will purchase, unless I get busy with all the PSVR games I'm drowning in. Being $40 makes it easier, so chill and relaxed.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Mr President posted:

I thought their next game was Armored Core?

They have something VR and cockpit AC would be perfect.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno if I am ready for flying at 500mph and changing direction instantly every 1.3 seconds in VR.

Once again I forgot that I'm immune to VR motion sickness. I want to see how normal people deal with first-sunship-view Race The Sun in VR.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Your feelings on anime keeps you away from Persona 5?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yes, but are they anime?

NBA2K16 is anime, as those who know the story and its cutscenes can tell you.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Here's a mystery title from Rebellion for presentation tomorrow
https://twitter.com/AntiquitiesDept
There's a signup on the site for god knows what.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

That video explains the price and the lot, under any other publisher it'd been a $60 with shoehorned DLC. Onto the shoppinglist.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

Is this the thread where we post about cool upcoming PS4 games??

Bonus, an interview with Bubsy himself!! http://gematsu.com/2017/06/accolade-returns-announces-bubsy-woolies-strike-back-ps4-pc

Shawn Layden refused to shirt-troll that one.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 8, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

They brought back Syndicate and that was pretty okay I heard.
While definitely not like the original it was the greatest FPS singleplayer campaign released for many many years, had an absolutely phenomenal co-op mode also.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Where's my gritty, serious reboot of Cannon Fodder.

Some Russian shovelware spot bought the rights in the 2000s.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Your mom is a JRPG.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Everyone in Watchdogs 2 is a bunch of fuckin' nerds.

They sure did their research on San Fransisco.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

HDR for games in practice means the visual director can finally empty their blue balls and fill an olympic pool with their long grown Top Gear colour toning fantasies and not suffer colour banding due to poo poo bit depth in software.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

I know gone hate Bethesda but at the E3 in theaters thing I went to, VR Skyrim got one of the bigger crowd reactions of the night. People still loving love that game

At the actual E3 conference COD got one of the bigger crowd reactions. People are still people.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

and those game suck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAYo8ybSamc
Days Gone turns out to have depth through weather radically changing things.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Tei posted:

We will get a new release of a new version of Skyrim in 2018?, why?
It'll be the Vive version. No joke.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

If it's from Upper Undead Burg into Lower Undead Burg, then which of the four?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Nex Machina tomorrow, reviews are happy, music is pants-off awesome.

e: It's got more environments than what has been shown until today and the embargo-lift, NEAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG6toH1uklc

e: on music "almost every track is a goddamn audio-ninja"

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 19, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Nex Machina just got a 1.03 patch rebalancing some gameplay, surely certain bosses mentioned by reviewers, and also balancing audio. 1.02 tweaked and balanced gameplay also. Looks promising with three minutes until it goes live for me.

e; game's pretty good, if you want a twin-stick topdown Resogun-like but more updated and more Eugene Jarvis this is it.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 19, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

We're not allowed to as users but Sony and-or the PS4 can track the amount of time you spend in a game, even how much time you spend in an online component. Even back before the PS4, even before the Vita came, the data has been recorded. We got those mails for the anniversary or whenever it was.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Phantom Pain is an MGS gameplay masterpiece. Nex Machina gets better the louder the music, I need to hook up the hifi and big fat speakers.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

David Cage and Tommy Wiseau should make something together.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

gently caress I wish I had a PS3 again, could totally go for some Tokyo Jungle. No PS Now in my parts.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

It's so good, I have all of my (important and worth keeping) PSN accounts connected to it, no need for multiple phones or services, no region lock, just the goods that make sense.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

People forget to source their quotes :argh:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

My FO4 Survival Mode experience is lol dead to something bugging out when least expected fart

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Sometimes I think of getting a Switch but I keep hearing about small but annoying hardware problems it has and wondering if some hardware revision soon is going to sweep them all away.

It's inevitable. It'll be the chassis itself recoloured by then, so that people make themselves reasons to buy new Switch units all "omggg and i just finished paying off all the joycons".

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Haven't played any PS+ games since PSVR came besides the PSVR capable ones, but I'll stick with it for online, cloudsaves and maybe getting a PS3 again. Been a quarter since I defeated my love for chocolate so that price bump is nothing, gonna buy myself PS+ to last until the PS5.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

The best sale I've seen on PS+ subs in Europe was like 1%, not counting PSN's own digital.
All those years of looking across the atlantic seeing gamers complain despite $30 a year Xbox Live Gold deals happening so often, and complain about game costs despite being able to rent games :allears:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Elite Dangerous on a Euro sale, now I'm curious. I liked Elite 2 to give an idea of my age, I love and adore the original Wing Commander games when it comes to combat, I've dabbled in the (bad) trading meta of No Mans Sky, I like games to lean back and chill with and immerse myself into if they're not VR.

Go get it?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Zipperelli. posted:

I've heard good things, but all from the PC crowd, and I don't know how well it translates to console.
Oh I forgoet that. On a normal PS4 and 30fps is okay if it's a steady 30fps, Bloodborne and DS3 both were steady enough for me.

Maybe I throw the cash on the Chromagun team instead, they're working on VR support..

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

They always nail the CM.

Showing Ni No Kuni 2 with English voices? Were there issues with Japanese voices that delayed it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Hahahaha the Battle Ops 2 trailer into even had the Japanese confused until the legs came down