Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
A-Train VR megaton.

NEVERMIND HERES THE REAL MEGATON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

MrLonghair posted:

A-Train VR megaton.

NEVERMIND HERES THE REAL MEGATON

Nevermind that nevermind, NEKO ATSUME VR!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Policenaut posted:

I can't get over that Supermassive is making a line of gimmick smartphone PS4 games
It's super good and fun, says the people who have people to play it with.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

It's canon that Kiryu left Japan and went to the dark future of Fist of The North Star.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/AUTOMATONJapan/status/910049477599289344
Art like that deserves a game just as good, please be awesome

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

At this rate I expect the PSX conference to be close to E3 2015 in delivering holyshits and ohmygods.

Adaptabullshit posted:

*pre-order records for PS4 and Xbox One.

It'll sell. It'll drive more units.

If counting digital pre-orders absolutely. Japan's into digital more than people think.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/910058820029710336
Save that pic for a 1500x1893 copy of the artwork

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Here's the awesome CM
https://twitter.com/PlayStation_jp/status/910064553832022022

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

What's Solus Project like for those of you not playing it in VR? For many us it's the goddamn GOTY.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

They're wrapping up Agent of course.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

DOOM got a poo poo load of marketing. I think they just don't know what to do with Arkane games.

Sabotage them until they have no place to go but getting absorbed entirely with all their IPs by Bethesda.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Anyone have any good or horror stories for the PSVR?

I'm thinking of getting one (heard you can even use it on a PC) but I'm a bit hesitant.

Skyrim is supposed to be available with it later in the year, but I haven't even used my ps4 in a few months. Mainly thinking it'd be fun to have the giant cinema mode going. I have a 50" tv I use as a main display and a monitor so the cinema mode sounds like it'd be fun but I'm just kinda "Meh" at the moment. Was hoping someone had some feedback on it.

Doubt I'm gonna use the move controllers much. I live in the south and I'm about 99% sure I'd end up slamming my hands into a ceiling fan pretty damned quick.

Good games? Check out the $20 Solus Project, we're crying GOTY over it. It's nothing special in 2D but VR it's immersion as hell, Move controllers and no need to waggle like it's 2006-2008 on the Wii. I went in at launch as an early investment, it is with Solus that I'm feeling the reward for getting into PSVR. If Skyrim ends up as good or better it will be the second killer app, in my opinion. 15+ hours to go through Solus, 100+ Skyrim surely. It's even got some horror parts.

Cinema mode is cool for a moment (like for the triple screen Taito arcade games) but suffers from variable drift because it's only using internal tracking for your head, there's a chance Sony'll fix it with firmware 5.0. If there's no batch of games you're burning for on PSVR or the tech in general right now I'd say to hold off. It can be used on PC, with $10 software and up to four PS3 Eye webcam you'll have headtracking, can also be used alongside Vive tracking and Vive motion controllers for a sweet 120hz PC VR solution.

and forget PSVR entirely if you're a graphicswhore, try a store demo first tho

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I thought GT Sport was just an extended demo because the real game isn't coming out for another 5 years like Prologue but it's full price???

It ain't even a full game. It's even less of a game if you happen to be unable to reach the servers.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Gonna grab a 2TB Seagate Firecuda SSHD next week and a dock along with it and do the HD transfer thing, I will not need to de-authorize this hd+ps4 combo for each account, right?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Just use it externally and save the hassle

External is the hassle. Standard PS4, even with a hub there are not enough USB slots, then there's space, comfort, moving things around, and getting an additional batch of failure points in the chain.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 21, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

ElwoodCuse posted:

What are you doing with your USB ports, I have one for the external and one for lego dimensions and never needed to disconnect either. Never had any issues with loading or data. Compare that to downloading a couple hundred gigs of stuff.

Mouse, keyboard, soundcard for better mic i/o, psvr, usb memory, Move charging, controller charging, etc.

No problem downloading terabytes for me as long as PSN behaves.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

revolther posted:

Let's just go back to your original argument of "bunch of failure points in the chain", you are already daisy chaining a million things into a console meant for like 4 official ones, you probably shouldn't be opening one up.
Chances are it's plugged into this.

Did I piss in your cornflakes and forget about it :confused:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Why have they not done any re-releasing of FF8? Is it that hated even in Japan, or by SE themselves?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

fridge corn posted:

What on earth would you need a 2tb drive for
To have all the PSVR games I own installed at the same time along with a handful of bloated AAAs :v:

Plus there's the improved loading times that should help a lot when it's time to goodbyerealworld with Skyrim VR. (it will all further improve with a PS4 Pro purchase next year)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 22, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

The PS4 runs only the ARM core bits in sleep which draws nothing indeed, but I turn PS4 and PC off entirely because I have experiences of random poweroutages doing things to electronics, even when they are supposed to be in safe sleep-modes. I also like to save a shitload of money on electricity, which seems to be another entry on the list of things most expensive in the world in Sweden. I'll turn on the PC and wait a few seconds every morning, I'll be fine, but nearly everbody across the Atlantic seem to have their life support systems tied to their electronics?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

MWH info rolls out of Capcom every now and then at nearly every games fest around the world, it's successful as heck selling pre-orders and playstations in Japan where they're working hard on the PR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LADV0465OFc

e: Pre-show? At least it's promised to have presentations, like seven unannounced games.
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/925016083223973888

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 30, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Oh YOOOOO, PS Access Holly just came back from Japan. Gotta be FromSoft time.

e: Guacamelee 2!

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 30, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Crows Turn Off posted:

Playing thru MGS5 right now, nearly 20 hours in, but still less than 10% complete somehow.

I'll start with the good stuff. The game looks great and is very smooth, impressive for not having any Pro benefits. The controls are tight and responsive (minus one thing). Fulton'ing things is hilarious. D-Pup is super-cute (he's not D-Dog yet), but it's too bad I can't pet on command.

On the other hand, the gameplay seems very shallow and repetitive, so I'm getting kinda bored already. I've started mixing up my approach more, but it's still just "start mission, go to base, kill a couple guys, extract a couple things, then leave."

I hope something changes here and it gets interesting again.

If you don't fall in love with the gameplay and the many ways you can tackle the objectives, it'll be a hard to fall in love with. It is commonly seen as the greatest MGS game when it comes to gameplay. I'm doing a playthrough where I research and purchase as little as possible for the challenge and I've never had that much fun with the game before.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/925018515400200193

that one looked awesome as hell, like Max Payne + Sleeping Dogs + Hotline Miami.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

A proper serious tennis game? How long has it been?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Moss in February :3::3::3:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Journey 2? That's how original Oure looks.

e: trailers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?sonyplaystation?videos

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 30, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Holy poo poo, Sucker Punch? This is going to rock

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Love the callout to Toby Fox, I should get Undertale sometime. That was a good PR bit and way to end it.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

London Heist is still legitimately awesome so this is promising.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Destiny is on the list of poo poo I'm tired of seeing on game conferences.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Aloy is the perfect tie-in, and a beta?! I need to get those vitamin B12 pills for this winter will be indoors

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

If they tune the kid's AI to not be irritating it'll be a small miracle.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Now that is what I call a goddamn HD remake.

e: oh a closing title. Go out with an awesome bang? Fromsoft? Naaah..

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 30, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Looks a little Alicia Wikander but that's not a very Tomb Raider situation

e: is this CG or did they film it? These faces and animations man

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I thought it'd be something neeeeeew but still that's cool as hell. Ok Fromsoft at PSX then..

e: that was definitely a grown up Ellie in that clip, which is awesome

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/925058760120320002
:getin:

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

So can we change our PSN names yet lol

PSX
fart my turds

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Spelunky 2 should have been part of the showcase presentation.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Even Easy-Allies speak of PSVR like it was the 2014-era Vita and dying off joke and it's no wonder, only VR sites and VR forums and VR threads talk VR, games media ignores it, and long games, and now hard games. It's making Sony more money than Sony Pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

...! posted:

I still can't get over what a random game LA Noire is for Rockstar to port. Why not RDR or even GTA4?

It's part of the contract to finish development on Agent.